• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Introduce yourself fellow cysters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought it might be fun to introduce ourselves and state what specific symptoms we have or how PCOS affects us, how long we've been diagnosed, etc. I think it would be interesting to see who all else suffers from this condition. I frequent the non-christian specific areas so there are a lot of people here I don't know.

So I'll start.

I go by "Sacredsin" here which is not meant to be offensive to anyone in any way shape or form..thought I should get that out in the open. My name is Caitlin or Cait and I'm twenty years old. I was just diagnosed in March for PCOS and that same day I found out from my aunt that almost every woman on my father's side including my late grandmother who just died of uterine cancer has PCOS or PCOS-like symptoms but have never been diagnosed. And approximately 24 people have diabetes as well. I had no idea before so that was a HUGE shock. I inherited it through my father of course.

We noticed something was wrong when I was skipping my periods (maybe had one every two months), having the worst acne I've ever had in my life, and gained about twenty pounds in a year and a half. I also had/have excess hair and had become a very angry/depressed person without realizing it. So at my yearly my gyno took a blood test and the results came back as PCOS. Since then I've had fasting my fasting insluin test which is a 48 with normal glucose.

Talk about a lot to find out and all pretty well out of the blue! But now I know why it was so hard to lose weight, why the horrible weight gain, acne and skipped periods.

Now I'm on 500mg of Metformin daily and YAZ to help regulate my symptoms and hormones (has nothing to do with contraception for me). My moods have mellowed and its been easier to lose weight but I still have so far to go and I'm terrified I may be infertile.

I hope that others decide to share!

Just Believe

Jul 25, 2009
Sacramento, California
✟15,159.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi I'm Tina. I was just diagnosed May 29, 2009 at age 21.

I've known something was wrong since I was 16, but the family doc I had ALWAYS blamed it on my weight. She stopped listening to all my symptoms and just told me if I didn't stop eating junk I was going to get diabetes.

Anyways after much researching my symptoms (dark patchy skin, hair on my chin, no period, and bad dandruffy hair which I just found out is a symptom) and every single webpage that came up said: PCOS I went to a women's clinic here in the city. The gyn and I sat down and discussed my symptoms and she asked me if I had ever heard of PCOS and I said no just to see what she would say. She then told me it sounds like I have it and that all she wants me to do is continue excercising and losing weight so that my period will come back.

If that doesn't work by Nov. 2009 I'm going on meds.

I hate being so crampy all the time and not knowing what's going on with my body.

I haven't had a cycle since November 2008. Occassionaly I'll spot, but that's no period IMO.

I'm probably going to go back and request Metformin to test run it. I have no insurance at the moment and that makes things a whole of heck lot worse.

I just pray that God intervenes and I'll be able to have children one day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.