I'm thinkin of buying Verbum 6 Feature Crossgrade,but what books would I need to add?

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It contains a lot of features, but not all the features work without adding books. What I'm wondering is both simple and complex: what books would I need to add separately to make some important and useful functionality fully work? I don't want to add lots of books.
The list of features is at: Verbum 6 Feature Crossgrade

I'm tired of using the forums of the Bible Study software, so I'm asking if someone else could post a question like this there?: Logos 6.

What functionality would You appreciate?
It's difficult to get help from the Sales department if I don't know what I'm asking for.

Some of my prices are:
4186.dream.upgrade.6.png

... I'll try to borrow money in about 1-1½ weeks from now. The currency exchange rate (no, I'm not talking about the €) is also very bad and getting even worse by each day.

EDIT Nov. 5 10:24 PM local time: I'm thinking of the L6 Anglican Silver base-package instead. I've started threads elsewhere to discuss it:
valuable & useful books in 6Silver that were not in 5Bronze?
Choosing between L6 Anglican Silver and Verbum 6 Feature Crossgrade.

Those of You who are upset about the free engine not being distributed to all before Febr. 3. 2015: the Logos 6/Verbum 6 engine is still quite buggy. There are pretty bad bugs, for example not all references to the Catechism (which I don't have nor want) work, there are font problems on the homepage in the software, and this bug: Tab fluctuating.

Last edited:

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When I placed the order the Catholic Studies Bundle M was about half that price I quote in the screencapture. I went with Anglican Silver and added a whole bunch of books, rendering a mere Crossgrade not worth to add on top of that at all. I'm satisfied - the resources I've added are good. Also seemed to get rid of the payment-plan fee (probably a mistake by the salesman) - which will save me a total of $10 or $15 during the period I pay this off.

As thanks for placing a large order I got a $50 coupon code. Help me decide which extra items to order! Suggest books! EDIT: There's still time!
I'm thinking of adding at least:
Idioms of the Greek New Testament, 2nd ed. by Porter ... which is $24.95 right now. I have very little budget so I won't be adding a lot. There's a commentary I'd be interested in having (on the middle-section of Job) but it's rather expensive so I'm not sure. It would of course also be interesting to get newer translations of Origen - but those are horribly expensive (these newer translations are not free online).

Last edited:
Upvote 0