• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm so scared...

N

NiteOwl

My sister got melanoma when she was 23.
One hospital told her she had weeks to live. She was strong and carried on and was checked out again by M.D. Anderson in Houston, where she's undergone tons of chemo and was told she'd never be able to have a child.

Now it's 9 years later, and she's all but cancer-free, with a healthy, amazing 4-year-old!! They've said "your cancer is gone" to her a few times, but it keeps coming back. Luckily, she's still doing so amazing!

Last summer, I underwent an unpardonable sin scare. This created the most horrific emotional experience of my life, and included physical repercussions like seizing. I'm still recovering/struggling with the anxiety that came along at that time, so that anxiety doesn't help my situation.
Apparently, if your sibling has melanoma, your risk of having it increases significantly. I've always had my freckles and moles, but one started itching recently. 'Round comes my anxiety and I'm freaking out.

I'm scared. I'm scheduling a dermatology appointment tomorrow. My mind is saying, "Well, of course you have cancer. That's a given. The question is, is the cancer too far along to give you more than a few years? Or is it in an early stage where you can basically stop it?"
Maybe I've been preparing for this since my sister got cancer (I'm 20 now). I've believed for a while now that I'll die of cancer, but I didn't think I'd get it so young. It's like I've convinced myself this is it.

At night, I dream up things I want to do before I die. I start planning my will. I start thinking who I'd like to be with when I go. I don't want to think like this! I don't want to assume I'm going to die of cancer at all, much less at 20!!

Prayer and advice for this anxiety-stricken mess?

ReveilleSoul

Nov 2, 2013
✟15,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember when Jesus is in this cramped little house and all these crowds are coming in droves to see him because they really believed the stories they heard about the man who was forgiving sin and healing the sick?

At one point this one family is so bold and desperate that they carry their crippled relative to the roof and let him down through the tiles . So here's
This man coming through the ceiling right over Jesus' head!

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that this amused Jesus.
So what happened ? Jesus says you are healed.
(The important part is next don't miss it!)
The Religious folks who already thought he was dangerous and heretical,
saw this and Jesus just knew they were itching to catch him doing something
unusual and they already accused him of being some kind of dark wizard or something because of the miracles happening around him.

So he turns to them and says "Would it be better if I had just said your sins are forgiven?"

That's the most important line. That is the jewel of the story.
He is saying that the healing miracles are happening because these people know he is able to forgive all their sin and they are free from the destruction and death sin causes and creates.
They had faith. The mind is very powerful .

Do you believe that Jesus fulfilled the requirement of the law when he gave his life in place of ours, clearing our debt reversing the consequences of sin, restoring us and now his power and love lives in us until the end of time?

Upvote 0

Merrily

Woolly Anglican
Nov 5, 2013
The Heart of Rural England
✟15,542.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Be assured NiteOwl that you are most precious in God's sight, held in His infinite love, care and protection.
Prayers here for you that 'all shall be well.'
:)

Something someone wrote a long time ago here .....

"In this vision he showed me a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, and it
was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and
thought "What may this be?" And it was generally answered thus: "It is all that is
made." I marvelled how it might last, for it seemed it might suddenly have
sunk into nothing because of its littleness. And I was answered in my
understanding: "It lasts and ever shall, because God loves it."

(Julian of Norwich)

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One hospital told her she had weeks to live. She was strong and carried on and was checked out again by M.D. Anderson in Houston, where she's undergone tons of chemo and was told she'd never be able to have a child.

Now it's 9 years later, and she's all but cancer-free, with a healthy, amazing 4-year-old!! They've said "your cancer is gone" to her a few times, but it keeps coming back. Luckily, she's still doing so amazing!

Last summer, I underwent an unpardonable sin scare. This created the most horrific emotional experience of my life, and included physical repercussions like seizing. I'm still recovering/struggling with the anxiety that came along at that time, so that anxiety doesn't help my situation.
Apparently, if your sibling has melanoma, your risk of having it increases significantly. I've always had my freckles and moles, but one started itching recently. 'Round comes my anxiety and I'm freaking out.

I'm scared. I'm scheduling a dermatology appointment tomorrow. My mind is saying, "Well, of course you have cancer. That's a given. The question is, is the cancer too far along to give you more than a few years? Or is it in an early stage where you can basically stop it?"
Maybe I've been preparing for this since my sister got cancer (I'm 20 now). I've believed for a while now that I'll die of cancer, but I didn't think I'd get it so young. It's like I've convinced myself this is it.

At night, I dream up things I want to do before I die. I start planning my will. I start thinking who I'd like to be with when I go. I don't want to think like this! I don't want to assume I'm going to die of cancer at all, much less at 20!!

You need to change your thinking. Cancer is not a death sentence. In fact, cancer can be easily be overcome by giving your body what it needs to fight it. God created the human body with the mechanism to heal itself and cure itself from 99% of diseases including cancer. Did you know that cancer cannot survive if your body PH is alkaline? Between PH 7 and 8 is ideal for your body. Cancer only thrives in a PH of 5.7 and lower which is an Acid PH. Therefore, if you eat alkaline foods you can reverse cancer in most cases. It is only in the advanced stages of cancer that your body would not be able to reverse it, but from early to mid stages, if you change your diet and lifestyle you can reverse the cancer.

Upvote 0

aliens

Oct 28, 2012
✟15,125.00
Faith
Hindu

You have cancer or your family, I will help you get rid of cancer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums