Im proud to be un-American. Count it as rubbish. Being all things to all people for the gospel sake.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We become all things to all people as Paul did. He would be neither a republican or a Democrat. He would be a friend and not a political enemy. Jesus wouldn't be Republicans and democrats warring with native Americans over land, resources and gold.

I don't see the church when I see politics. I see pride, bitterness, rivalry, division, pain, wounds, tears, fear and contention. American patriotism and politics are rubbish and a stumbling block.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,492,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depending on who is elected, we will see a whole lot more pain, wounds, tears and fears.
Abd that is certainly motivation to be a good citizen of the country and the world.
Regardless who is elected.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,492,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is our supplier. We control nothing
God does not give us supplies for us to merely use them up ourselves or drop them at our feet. The role of a steward is to properly manage and distribute those supplies to the profit of the king. We do have that authority.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not give us supplies for us to merely use them up ourselves or drop them at our feet. The role of a steward is to properly manage and distribute those supplies to the profit of the king. We do have that authority.
Trump and Biden don't serve the church. I live on government assistance but God is my supplier and not democrats or republicans. I'm apolitical.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,492,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump and Biden don't serve the church. I live on government assistance but God is my supplier and not democrats or republicans. I'm apolitical.
By "us" I meant Christians. Did you not mean Christians when you said, "God is our supplier?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟193,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the Apostles would share this sentiment. Paul had no problem claiming his Roman citizenship and the rights that came with that status. Nor did he say away from his Jewishness.

It is when we put those things above our citizenship in heaven that we have an issue.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring to Christians with "our" and "we?"
I'm saying that God supplies Christians needs. We Christians don't need to worry about it. Politics are worry, fear, contention, slander, gossip, conspiracies, suspicions, bitterness, hostility, aggravation, discontent, unforgiving, merciless, worried, hurried, unrestful, discontent, unthankful, complaining. And its lording over others. It's wrong thinking and following

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the Apostles would share this sentiment. Paul had no problem claiming his Roman citizenship and the rights that came with that status. Nor did he say away from his Jewishness.

It is when we put those things above our citizenship in heaven that we have an issue.
He counted all things as a loss. His Roman nation killed him

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,492,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that God supplies Christians needs. We Christians don't need to worry about it. Politics are worry, fear, contention, slander, gossip, conspiracies, suspicions, bitterness, hostility, aggravation, discontent, unforgiving, merciless, worried, hurried, unrestful, discontent, unthankful, complaining. And its lording over others. It's wrong thinking and following
So, then: God does not give us supplies for us to merely use them up ourselves or drop them at our feet. The role of a steward is to properly manage and distribute those supplies to the profit of the king. We do have that control over the resources He provides to us.

Upvote 0