• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm healed but still have symptoms

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do Christians say that? Nowhere in the bible does it say anything about God healing people, but they are still suffering with the symptoms of the disease. I believe if God's going to heal someone they won't have any evidence of the disease at all. Why would God do something half way? He doesn't. So far I have not seen that type of healing.

• Prayers
Reactions: Bluerose31

patricius79

Called to Jesus Through Mary
Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do Christians say that? Nowhere in the bible does it say anything about God healing people, but they are still suffering with the symptoms of the disease. I believe if God's going to heal someone they won't have any evidence of the disease at all. Why would God do something half way? He doesn't. So far I have not seen that type of healing.

My body is largely broken, but Jesus has healed me spiritually, through His Mother.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟282,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are healing possible? Yes. Do they happen like in biblical times? No. Some believe all you do is pray and your healed. They say if your not healed then you didn't pray hard enough. But they lack the understand of how prayer works. God is not a genie. His answers can be yes, no, maybe or not yet. As someone told me maybe someone doesn't get healed yet because their health issues will play a bigger role in something in the future. Or maybe its because Hes waiting for them to do something that they are ignoring. We will never know really. I'm disabled but I accept it. I still pray of course for healing because as my name says nothing is impossible. But if its not His will to heal me then I trust Him because He has a plan.

Actually I used to hate I wasn't healed. I hated God for it. But I realized if not for me being like this, I may have not been who I am today. Maybe I would have less empathy, less compassion, less understanding. I have learned from being like this. In any situation we are in, we will learn from it. If I get healed tomorrow, awesome. If I don't, thats awesome too. At least I know when I die I won't have this sick body anymore. So I keep that in mind. This is all temporal. :)

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
God healed me of a devastating blood clot emanating from my right calf. I never went to the doctor for treatment because I had no health insurance at the time. I had chest pain afterwards but one night lied down to rest and had a dream that "hands" were on my body. I woke up with no pain and the clot gone. I don't know what to make of it. I went to the doctor afterwards for a physical exam and had no major issues. The thing is that I could have asked God to cure me of my mental illness too, but He did not. But, He saved me from death's throes. I don't know the reason why God saved me. I may die of a blood clot later you never know. However, God was there for me when I needed Him. I believe He sent his angels to save me. I am still alive and kicking! God does heal. He has His reasons. I have heard of people being cured of cancer too. It is rare but true. Why does God do this? I don't know. Only He knows the truth. Jesus is the ultimate physician!

Mark2:17On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2015
Gone
✟15,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are healing possible? Yes. Do they happen like in biblical times? No.

OK first I don't belong in this area of the forum but I had to reply to this statement.

Why do you believe that they are not like the bible healings?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK first I don't belong in this area of the forum but I had to reply to this statement.

Why do you believe that they are not like the bible healings?
We're not supposed to debate here, so I'm not debating -- just answering your question. The Bible healings were (with maybe one exception) immediate, complete, and objectively verifiable. I don't think we see that today, not that He couldn't make it happen.

I have not been healed of a chronic ailment I've had for nearly 20 years. It's unfortunate, too, because if I had I would not be the person I am today. (The person I am today is pretty much of a failure.) I dunno why God hasn't healed, but I'm glad that I can at least function and hold a job.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2015
Gone
✟15,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're not supposed to debate here, so I'm not debating -- just answering your question. The Bible healings were (with maybe one exception) immediate, complete, and objectively verifiable. I don't think we see that today, not that He couldn't make it happen.

I have not been healed of a chronic ailment I've had for nearly 20 years. It's unfortunate, too, because if I had I would not be the person I am today. (The person I am today is pretty much of a failure.) I dunno why God hasn't healed, but I'm glad that I can at least function and hold a job.

OK I didn't know the rules here.
So I won't take this further.
Thanks for answering my question though!

Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You are probably right.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God healed me of a devastating blood clot emanating from my right calf. I never went to the doctor for treatment because I had no health insurance at the time. I had chest pain afterwards but one night lied down to rest and had a dream that "hands" were on my body. I woke up with no pain and the clot gone. I don't know what to make of it. I went to the doctor afterwards for a physical exam and had no major issues. The thing is that I could have asked God to cure me of my mental illness too, but He did not. But, He saved me from death's throes. I don't know the reason why God saved me. I may die of a blood clot later you never know. However, God was there for me when I needed Him. I believe He sent his angels to save me. I am still alive and kicking! God does heal. He has His reasons. I have heard of people being cured of cancer too. It is rare but true. Why does God do this? I don't know. Only He knows the truth. Jesus is the ultimate physician!

Mark2:17On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

If you never went to a doctor then how do you know you had a blood clot? What- did you just go to the ED- where they did a scan (which costs money you likely didn't have) that showed you had a blood clot? Did they then tell you about the clot and wanted to hook you up to a heparin drip- where upon you then informed them you couldn't afford to do that and then left against all medical advice? Yet, somehow you had the insurance and/or money to go to a doctor after the fact? Really?

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you never went to a doctor then how do you know you had a blood clot? What- did you just go to the ED- where they did a scan (which costs money you likely didn't have) that showed you had a blood clot? Did they then tell you about the clot and wanted to hook you up to a heparin drip- where upon you then informed them you couldn't afford to do that and then left against all medical advice? Yet, somehow you had the insurance and/or money to go to a doctor after the fact? Really?
I had a blood clot before and was hospitalized for about a week a few years prior. I was on heparin then took warfarin for a year. Thus, when it happened again I realized the symptoms. The time when my right calf had a clot the vein in my inner right calf became hardened like a vertical line and was crunchy to touch. I know it was a blood clot again from sitting for ten hours in a plane. I did not warm myself nor did I move around since I did not know any better. I truly thought I was going to die that time. My chest developed pain and I knew the clot had traveled to my chest area. Thus, when I had no insurance, I just thought I would die. However, something saved me from death. I give it to God. These days when I ride in a plane for over two hours, I move around and warm myself. I have not had a problem since and this was seven years ago. I know I may be prone to clots but they did a workup on me during my prior hospitalization and did not find anything inherently abnormal. I do go to the doctor now and have no major health issues. All I can say is that God is good!! I am not that devout but something saved me and has reminded me there is more to this world than the physical. I do believe in God and miracles. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's been many years since I heard anyone say that. If memory is right, they were told to say what they wanted, and they would get it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0