• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'll be the first topic here

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppy

loves you
Jul 8, 2004
scotland
Visit site
✟14,345.00
Faith
Anglican
one of jim careys poorer films which ive never seen i dont think, i did see identity though that was good, starring john cussack

thanks for explaining that to me, my friend has a relative recently diagnosed with the illness and i think hes doing ok right now although its still early days, sometimes it can take years to reach a correct diagnosis cant it ? so im glad your doing well and on the road to recovery

*hugs*

xxx

Upvote 0

Young405

Jan 13, 2006
Oklahoma
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Chris. Thank you for sharing. Our son had an episode late last spring running into mid-summer. I'm afraid we were clueless about what was happening to him. He had dropped out of college at mid-term and was using drugs pretty heavily. Then something snapped. He was very very paranoid. He thought an evil presence was in our attic and it was talking to him! He thought the devil was after him and even saw him standing at our back door. The light bulbs started giving him messages. He thought it was God talking to him. As he became more and more involved with these new "friends", he became less capable of relating to real people. He would carry on a conversation with "someone" and chuckle over something humorous that was said. If confronted about this, he would become extremely angry. He became obsessed with the belief that almost everyone was a homosexual & that because of this Jesus was returning soon. He told me he wanted re-baptised; however, the Sunday he was going to go down, he left church because he brought "a demon" to church with him. The next Sunday, he was re-baptised; however, he looked more like a soldier going to war than delivered. I was not raised in a church that taught much about the spirit world; however, I have an aunt that was. She believed that demons were attacking our son. We prayed and I started studying about the armour of God. Things got worse! Anyway, everything peaked in July and we had to call the police. They took him to the crisis center. He is on respiradol, benzotropine, and lexapro. His diagnosis, at first, was drug induced psychosis; however, now it is schizo-affective. We pray a lot and take things one day at a time. God bless you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.