If you could saying anything in your online dating profile...

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟70,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your first paragraph about how she handled intimacy's would have been a deal breaker with me, and I would have given her the old heave-ho...not sure why you stuck around though. But that's me. Just saying.

You know, she reminds me of a woman I knew through Meetup that I later met on OK Cupid, she was in her 40s at the time, divorced, was actually a Russian mail-order bride in her first marriage.

She has a grown,married daugther,and she's a pretty hardcore Christian...she told me she doesn't believe in sex before marriage. 40+ year old men she had been on dates with said she'll never meet a man that'd be on board with that in that age bracket.

By getting to know her though, I sensed a very callous personality. And I don't think she liked animals (dogs/cats) either. Just something I sensed about her.

I made plans with my mom one day, prior to meeting up with our first date....she actually was interested in a 2nd date and it was for an event that fell on the plans I made with my mom....they were all day plans.

I told her I had plans with my mom (it was her Birthday or Mother's day , can't remember)....and at that point, she was kind of being pushy with, "Can't you go after?" or "How long is that going to take?"

I could tell she was the bossy type. She lacked sensitivity. It was a turn off.

She said she was looking for a guy to help her with her landscaping around the house, so I think she was looking to marry a guy for utilitarian reasons. Like she had an agenda as she said she's tired of doing it all her own.

Later on I heard she had gotten a face-lift when she didn't really need one.

I stuck around because I promised to marry her for "better or for worse" and we had 3 children. It was my hope and goal to stay married no matter what. Unfortunately, it was killing my health. After a traumatic childhood, my marriage became too much for me to handle. I already suffered from PTSD and this just piled it on. I simply could not live under the stress anymore. I tried for 10 years to get her to agree to counseling to no avail. In the end, it was my failing health that led to our divorce even though there were other reasons. I think growing up in a highly dysfunctional situation coupled with my personality (and God's grace), made it possible for me to persevere in a situation most would have given up in. However, in the end even I could not keep going. 19 years was my limit.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟53,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not having sex with you until we're married.

That one would keep many away from me.

I wouldn't even want a kiss on the lips until the wedding day and I'm a guy. That would sadly keep many away :sigh:

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't even want a kiss on the lips until the wedding day and I'm a guy. That would sadly keep many away :sigh:

So to what extend outside of kissing would you be willing to do when it comes to physical affection? Hand holding?

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟53,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
So to what extend outside of kissing would you be willing to do when it comes to physical affection? Hand holding?

I believe hugging, kissing on the cheek and so on is totally fine as well as other signs of affection but in regard to the kiss on the lips, it's more of a special moment thing for me as far as a deep kiss goes. I suppose pecks on the lips I would be fine with as I did back in middle school. Just more of the passionate stuff that could get hot and heavy should be held off

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe hugging, kissing on the cheek and so on is totally fine as well as other signs of affection but in regard to the kiss on the lips, it's more of a special moment thing for me as far as a deep kiss goes. I suppose pecks on the lips I would be fine with as I did back in middle school. Just more of the passionate stuff that could get hot and heavy should be held off

No hand holding?

Anyways, the physical actions may be construed of being more of a friendship than a relationship. I would think the only action outside of kissing, would be holding hands. Friends only typically hug.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟53,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
No hand holding?

Anyways, the physical actions may be construed of being more of a friendship than a relationship. I would think the only action outside of kissing, would be holding hands. Friends only typically hug.

holding hands would fall under "other signs of affection". I was not clear on that, so I apologize.

I'm all in favor of things happening out of the blue and in the moment. It seems nearly impossible to believe in so called fairy tales anymore. :(

Upvote 0