If u had 2 pick 1

Aceybee

Jun 30, 2004
✟15,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think most PKs have that.. I was seen as an extension of my dad, and I had just as much obligation and responsibility as he did- cept he was getting paid to do it. I didn't rebel, but only because I didn't want them to be able to accuse my parents of not being good parents, goodness knows they tried everything else! That one had got to be in the top ten, but I think the thing I'd actually have to pick was almost not having an identity. I was my fathers daughter, and that was all I ever was. I had the obligations as an extension of him, people were nice (to my face) because I was his daughter.. they tend to define you that way.. that bugged me sooo much.. anyone else have that?

Upvote 0

boxers

I'm an outcast
Oct 17, 2004
netherlands but I'm an american
Visit site
✟28,328.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate how ppl expect you to do everything. Like in my 18 yrs as a pk I've done plays played in the youth and adult worship band, ran sound, worked nursery, taught youth, taught childrens church. only thing I havn't done is preach and trust me my dads trying to get me to do that. I'm still in my rebel phase I guess. lol

Upvote 0

Chosen4Greatness

Jan 3, 2007
New York
✟15,212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate how ppl expect you to do everything. Like in my 18 yrs as a pk I've done plays played in the youth and adult worship band, ran sound, worked nursery, taught youth, taught childrens church. only thing I havn't done is preach and trust me my dads trying to get me to do that. I'm still in my rebel phase I guess. lol
wow...that sounds familiar. I think I have done everything in the church too. But I thank God for that, if I wasn't so involved then who knows where I'd be. We have to thank God for that, as a PK's...it is hard to run from God.

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I think most PKs have that.. I was seen as an extension of my dad, and I had just as much obligation and responsibility as he did- cept he was getting paid to do it. I didn't rebel, but only because I didn't want them to be able to accuse my parents of not being good parents, goodness knows they tried everything else! That one had got to be in the top ten, but I think the thing I'd actually have to pick was almost not having an identity. I was my fathers daughter, and that was all I ever was. I had the obligations as an extension of him, people were nice (to my face) because I was his daughter.. they tend to define you that way.. that bugged me sooo much.. anyone else have that?
my biggest pet peeve with being a PK would definitely be the way my name [and identity] get replaced by a title that doesn't really discribe me at all. I do a lot of things in & around the church and help out in different areas, yet the only credit or introduction I ever get is being the PK. I've yet to actually be to understand that.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I LOVE being a PK...

But the ONLY draw back is that I've always been very talkative and opiniated (DUH). And while I NEVER remember being told so, I just kinda knew that what I said reflected on my father.

Soooo, in Sunday and later at youth group and Bible studies, I just kept my mouth shut unless what I had to say would be something my Dad would say.

As a result, when my best buddy invited me to his church youth group (Catholic), I jumped at the chance - just so I could be 'me.' Unfortunately, that backfired because I quickly became known as THE resident Protestant in their midst - and then had to tread carefully there!

I just felt "WATCHED." And I just wanted to be noisy, opiniated, plain old ME.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, one more thing....

Every now and then, the family insisted on going to some event or whatever TOGETHER - in one car. FATAL MISTAKE. It always meant we had to get to the chuch like 8 hours before the thing began and help set up, then afterwards, we'd all help clean up and Dad would have 600 people who wanted to talk with him. We were ALWAYS the first ones there and that last ones to leave. And I probably didn't want to go anyway.

I loved it when I got a license and my own car...

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaliGirl1019

Jul 1, 2007
✟7,657.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
yea... one of the things i can't stand (as said before) is getting to church at the crack of dawn and leaving after lunchtime. it's not as bad when my sisters are home, since they drive, but still... it bugs me.

it's also hard having someone you know really really well preaching... yes there is a second pastor, but i know him really well, too! and that makes it hard to ask for help sometimes, especially if you're a private person...

oh well, i guess all in all it's not THAT bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

meowmix

The Talking Cat
Jan 15, 2006
Lurking in the fields of Central Illinois..
✟38,095.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My Favorite thing would be................. Uh .............

My Least favorite thing is.... Everyone(Including my Parents) Expect me to Be perfect . I feel like a pack mule every time I step into the church, And Now I seriously can't enjoy church without Eye's bearing into my back, and or people asking me questions .

:sigh: I really enjoy going to church, EXCEPT the one I'm going to right now.. Sadly, Because of my parent's and the people in my church.

I miss my old church, I had so many EQUAL friends .

Last edited:
Upvote 0