I would like to know opinions on something somebody sent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankGainey

Jul 9, 2015
✟114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First, I will state that this is a good friend of mine that claims research changed his faith....If you are given a choice of eather worshiping a higher power, or face an eternity of torture and suffering, this is NOT free will, it a Hierarchy. I'm sorry, but if the Bible is truth, then I choose to be the martyr of individuality. The ggod of the Bible, in every case he shows his presence death and destruction follows. I choose not to follow any one or anything that wreaks death, suffering, destruction, jealousy, and vengeance and call it love and compassion. CHALLENGE FOR CHRISTIANS: show me one verse in the entire Bible where God's actions actually show love or compassion, I'm not talking Jesus, I'm talking God, good luck. Note: according to biblical evidence, the Devil killed 8 people, God killed millions

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟287,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

All of our decisions are influenced by outside factors, so if free will means making a decision that is free from any influencing factor, then none of us have free will. However, I think free will is the ability to make our own decisions in spite of influencing factors. If none of us had free will, then we would all go for paradise rather than hell, but as you've demonstrated, you have the will to reject God if you so choose. God doesn't force people to spend eternity with Him when they don't want to and He ultimately respects your free decision to reject Him, but it is to our inestimable loss to be separated from the author and sustainer of life.

So God in his forbearance and mercy gives a group of people 400 years to repent or get out, but they continue to rebel against Him and plague the surrounding nations, and when judgement finally comes, you pounce on that and say that's what God's compassion is like? God's love and mercy is demonstrated to this group by delaying His righteous judgement and it is demonstrated to the surrounding nations by bring His righteous judgement. God is love, but He is also just, and we he judges against the wickedness of one nation, He also judges in favor of their victims. Would you really prefer to follow a God that was not just?

http://christianthinktank.com/rbutcher1.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.