New Jersey
✟338,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you genuinely think you may have a mental illness, see a therapist. Very few of us in CF have psychology or psychiatry degrees, and none of us have met with you, so none of us can diagnose you. Really, therapy can be useful in people's lives.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I may have a mental illness. That may be a reason why I don’t have guilt at all. Still no excuse for the things I have done.
We all come into this world as eventual mental cases.
Our minds have been damaged by the fall into sin.

Think of a china shop with all the vases fallen on the floor and broken.

Some are broken in 100 pieces - ruined.
Others are broken in 50 pieces. They too are broken.
Others are broken in 10 pieces. They may feel their in better condition than the rest. But they too are damaged, ruined.

Then there are some that consider they are only broken in 2 or 3 nice pieces.
Yet they are still broken, shattered even if in two big pieces.

This is the condition of fallen mankind. We are all broken and need our minds healed by the Savior, the Lord Jesus.
His mind is normal. His whole being is normal.
To us Jesus seems and enigma and maybe impossible.
Actually, Jesus Christ is the normal one. He is what God meant by man.

So we need Him and can have Him. And He can impart His kind of healthy mind to us.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good above. Maybe the in pieces are the flesh and it’s trying to be the main one. But the Holy Spirit can come into our spirit and make it whole. Do not be ruled by the flesh but by the spirit of God. The works of the flesh are evil Gal 5 & 6. It could be mentally ill and still you (us) would have a sound mind, 1Tmothy 1:7. God doesn’t leave us or forsake us in mental illness or anything else. He is there in it. Fight the flesh, He doesn’t want us in it. Widen the influence of the spirit, the mind of Christ, the good, the love of Christ, take on His strength. It’s a rough road butJesus smooths it out and gives the increase. Be faithful in fighting it. You don’t deserve it it is injustice. But still it might be you start there. One step at a time.

But first you have to get saved and receive the HS. Do it because you know it’s right.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think I may have a mental illness. That may be a reason why I don’t have guilt at all. Still no excuse for the things I have done.
No guilt usually means a seared conscience. That is a conscience that has been ignored for so long that it no longer convicts you. It is a spiritual problem, not mental.

Can you get your conscience active again? I don't know. If you are not born again, you need to accept Christ. If you are born again, you will need to convince God that you want to change. That will require prayer and fasting, confessing your sin and pleading with God that you might be restored.

Reactions: shadowhunter
Upvote 0