• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I have PCOS

princesstiki

Jun 17, 2010
A-town, Indiana
✟7,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure I have it, I just haven't been diagnosed. I have always had irregular periods (since I was 11). I have NEVER been pregnant. I haven't had a period since November. My paps have come back normal except BV. :blush: My nurse said she thinks I have it but I don't have medical coverage to get tested. I can go somewhere out of town, but I haven't had the money. Are these symptoms and what are other women's symptoms? If I have to wait to get diagnosed will that hurt my fertility or is it likely I'm infertile?

nngraves777

Aug 7, 2008
oklahoma
✟15,451.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes the symptoms are weight gain,hair loss,skintags like in the armpits or neck,sleep apena,irregular periods,infrertilty,carb cravings,chips chips chips,and even dark skins spots that show up,also hair above lip,chin,chest hair and abdomen,thumb hairs,. If you type in pcos on google you'll find all the info you need. Your doctor can find out if you have it by a inner ultrasound to look for the cyst on ovaries, yet you can still have pcos even if the cysts arent present and that is why they do a simple blood test to check.Ok if you don't have insurance your best bet is to have your doctor have you do blood test at your local hospitol and the hospitol will bill you and you pay it when your able or make payarrangments. I have alot of un payed bills from hospitols from whe I had no coverage. So have your doc do that. I was put on metformin few days ago it helps lower your blood sugar levels which helps with pcos. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

ScarredSaint

Sep 11, 2011
Northumberland
✟15,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I have PCOS, and I'd just like to point out that you don't necessarily have to have all the symptoms...

I have no excess hair growth, I am overweight (could be caused by any number of factors including medication, not necessarily PCOS) no hair loss etc.

Really my only symptom was my periods suddenly stopping. I told my doctor and he said to wait for a bit, year later they still hadn't come back so he had me tested. He reckons I've probably had it for years - I had very heavy periods come on at one point (hello several new mattresses) and he thinks that might have been a sign.

I'm assuming I'm infertile now. But he did say there is some sort of hormone pill they can put you on if you want to get pregnant.

Upvote 0