MangoLime17

Nov 7, 2016
Florida
✟7,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey guys, I'm 17 will be turning 18 in a few months.. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. In the beginning of our relationship, we were not dedicated to Christ at all and so we did things we were not supposed to do. But 6 months ago, after breaking up over complications, we decided to get back together and accept Christ into our lives and He has blessed our relationship so much. We have a very healthy relationship and are so happy together, it's like we fall in love with each other all over again, something we've never experienced before God. I know that since we live this life now, that means having to abstain from any intimacy. I honestly feel that within a year or most likely two I'd feel ready to marry him but at the same time I don't feel right leaving my family. I feel so young. Since I would have to move out of my parent's (mom's) house to live with my would then be husband, I feel like I wouldn't be able handle this. I feel like I need to mature before I get married. I feel like I need to finish college. Or at least be halfway through college. But what worries me the most is being away from my mother. I'm still so young, and before being in this relationship I never cared about love or getting married anytime soon. I seriously though I would get married at 28 or something, but if I want to be with the person that I'm with now I know that won't be the case. I'm only 17.. I don't want to just leave the life and my mom and the rest of my family so young even if I'll be 19, that's still too young. HELP.

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟850,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Ladies and gentlemen, please observe that this thread is in the Teens Common Area. Please don't reply if you are over age. Easy mistake to make. Thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, you change so much between 16 and 20. I honestly don't relate to the person I were one year ago. When you leave your house for your studies, that you taste independance and student life, you change very quickly and grow even more.
If I were you, I would concentrate on my studies and new life before thinking about all of that. See how you and he evolve on your own. You need time, and you need to fix each of you.
Anyway, no one other than you could know when it is right for you to marry. YOU are the one who can judge when you are ready. I would honestly advise you to take your time, to grow at your rythm and to do anything but rush, but if it is right for you to rush, then do it.
Just remember that marriage is quite a long business, much longer than two or five years of wise reflection before it. And the most important, talk about it with your boyfriend. Talk about everything in marriage, like "do you want children?" "what will we do if one of our children dies?"..., to be certain about your plans and his plans, your expectations and his expectations. It certainly needs for a lot of time to fix a common plan!
Bless you & good luck on your path!

Upvote 0