I have repented of all of my sins to God, but my neighbors are HAVING A WAR!!!!

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟707,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I hear you.

I will ask God what He wants me to do and I will do it.

But surely, the fact that I didn't respond to them disrespectfully calling me names and I did nothing to respond to their tantrums, surely that can be appreciated in my favor?

My situation is hard too. Many times my sleep is interrupted. It has affected my health. I lost my job because of their noise...and many things.

Most families don't make noise at night, and are usually quieted down at an earlier hour during the school year.

It might be that you have an unusual sleep schedule?

If so, I can give you the tricks that worked for me when I married my husband, which really is headphones and ear plugs.

I buy the soft but highly effective orange ear plugs for working in a factory. And for the Bluetooth headphones that help, if the regular kind hurt your ears, (they do mine) try "Sport" style. They have a soft piece that fits over your ear, but for some reason the earphones sit in my ears more comfortably and don't bother me at all.

My husband likes white noise, and I prefer perfect peace and quiet to sleep in, so we had issues with figuring it out for both of us.

You have to take breaks from shoving things in your ears, but families are usually predictable in the times they make noise, so you will just have to learn how to work around it.

Also, they make bone conduction ear phones and nothing at all goes in your ears. Music allows for too much vibration but you can do audiobooks and things like that with those.

Since your neighbors are across the street, there might be times just having a little noise of your own in your head would be enough so that what your left hearing isn't quite as grating.

A person who has always had quiet to sleep can learn to sleep with noise. I did end up becoming very used to noise, so it can be done but it's a definite effort and it doesn't happen overnight. I think it took me 2 years concerted effort.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Best way to handle it is to contact local PD and get their advice and help with mediation. There are usually curfew rules for noise.

Pray that they will move.

It's easy for people to give such lofty spiritual answers when they are not in the situation, and not understand what you are going through. I don't condemn you for your actions.

I had a neighbor who's cat/rodent alarm kept going off every 10 minutes all day long. After a month of this I called PD. They came out. Neighbor turned off the machine and has never turned it back on since.

You lost your job? Will pray you find another.

God bless.

Upvote 0

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟23,625.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Best way to handle it is to contact local PD and get their advice and help with mediation. There are usually curfew rules for noise.

Pray that they will move.

It's easy for people to give such lofty spiritual answers when they are not in the situation, and not understand what you are going through. I don't condemn you for your actions.

I had a neighbor who's cat/rodent alarm kept going off every 10 minutes all day long. After a month of this I called PD. They came out. Neighbor turned off the machine and has never turned it back on since.

You lost your job? Will pray you find another.

God bless.
Thank you. Your answer is the answer that reeks of brotherly love and understanding. Yes, the answers here are condemning me even if they don't see the whole situation. And the tone that goes with it too. And lofty spiritual answers yes, but they don't try to see the practicality or the difficulty of the situation.

Yes, I did report them to the authorities, but it only makes matters worse, moreso spiritually, for our Battle is not against flesh and blood.

Upvote 0

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟23,625.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most families don't make noise at night, and are usually quieted down at an earlier hour during the school year.

It might be that you have an unusual sleep schedule?

If so, I can give you the tricks that worked for me when I married my husband, which really is headphones and ear plugs.

I buy the soft but highly effective orange ear plugs for working in a factory. And for the Bluetooth headphones that help, if the regular kind hurt your ears, (they do mine) try "Sport" style. They have a soft piece that fits over your ear, but for some reason the earphones sit in my ears more comfortably and don't bother me at all.

My husband likes white noise, and I prefer perfect peace and quiet to sleep in, so we had issues with figuring it out for both of us.

You have to take breaks from shoving things in your ears, but families are usually predictable in the times they make noise, so you will just have to learn how to work around it.

Also, they make bone conduction ear phones and nothing at all goes in your ears. Music allows for too much vibration but you can do audiobooks and things like that with those.

Since your neighbors are across the street, there might be times just having a little noise of your own in your head would be enough so that what your left hearing isn't quite as grating.

A person who has always had quiet to sleep can learn to sleep with noise. I did end up becoming very used to noise, so it can be done but it's a definite effort and it doesn't happen overnight. I think it took me 2 years concerted effort.
I just mentioned that the grown-ups make noise even past 2 am. That's way past any normal sleeping schedule.

No, I sleep normal.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟165,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hear you... but can I ask why would it be disturbing to them? I'm just curious... They are Unbelievers. But they occasionally attend Catholic mass. They are used to loud music, as they are very noisy people.
I think you already know, because you seem to be making an excuse for your reaction to them, explaining how you think you're right about it. And it doesn't take a psychologist to see that they are offended by their reaction which you described. As to the WHY, you believe they are unbelievers, but that may not be the reason at all. It could be they just are irritated by what they consider noise (in the same way you are by their noise). They may be offended by the fact that you retaliate with your kind of noise, which likely confirms their suspicion that you are judging them with condemnation. What would Jesus do in such a situation? His apostles wrote, "don't return evil for evil, but rather overcome evil with good." Would our Lord make an effort to strike a relationship, looking for an opportunity to bless them? Wouldn't this apply to your situation - "let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" - so are they increasing consideration for others as a result, or are they increasing in hate and defiance? "A soft answer turns away wrath" - seems like good advice to me.

Upvote 0