I hate Repent of your sins to be Saved. it is a false gospel, lie from the pit of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟287,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The ultimate call to successful repentance is:
Matthew 5:48 KJV
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If you claim to have successfully repented from all sin to this degree and have become perfect as our Father in heaven, then you have done something scripture says you cannot do. I suspect you are simply kidding yourself.
In Matthew 5:43-48, Jesus was instructing us to have a love that is full or complete where we don’t just love those who love us, but also love our enemies, not to instructing us to successfully repent from all sin to a degree that is impossible for us to have. There is no point in instructing someone to do something that is impossible for them to do. Jesus did not end the Sermon on the Mount by saying that he was just kidding about doing those things, but rather he concluded it by saying:

Matthew 7:24-27 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So one can continue to live in sin, commit sins, but as long as he truly believes, his sins do not count do not count against him?
-
Why should sins count against a person believer or unbeliever. Jesus took away the sin of the world, sin is not an issue in receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Sin is also, not something an unbeliever will be judged for, when they appear at the great white throne judgment. They will be judge for their works and then their name will be checked to see if it is in the book of life. When their name is found to not be there, they are cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Matthew 5:43-48, Jesus was instructing us to have a love that is full or complete where we don’t just love those who love us, but also love our enemies, not to instructing us to successfully repent from all sin to a degree that is impossible for us to have. There is no point in instructing someone to do something that is impossible for them to do. Jesus did not end the Sermon on the Mount by saying that he was just kidding about doing those things, but rather he concluded it by saying:

Matthew 7:24-27 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
Straightforward question for anyone who believes this.
Did you, in fact, walk in the same righteous perfection as the Father the day you were saved?

Upvote 0

A Devil's Advocate

Nov 2, 2023
Alberta
✟12,995.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a great deal of incorrect theology in Christianity because much of it is based on the idea that we are saved by getting our sins forgiven. So, of course, how we deal with sin becomes the primary focus of our salvation. Cockcrow is correct. We are not called to repent of our sin for salvation or to maintain our salvation. God himself either repented or didn't 39 times in scripture. To repent, as it is used by the writers, is to simply have a change of mind, as Cockcrow pointed out.

Our salvation is not found in getting our sins forgiven. All sin was forgiven over 2000yrs ago. Everyone from the cross forward has come into the world already forgiven of their sins. That is the good news of the Gospel. Every single one of us, regardless of where we are at in life, or what we have done, can freely approach God for salvation. In fact, it is only because our sin has already been forgiven that we can even approach God in the first place. We see throughout the old testament that without first cleansing yourself, you could not approach God. This was the main purpose of Christ's death upon the cross. Jesus, taking all the punishment for our sin, left us innocent of any sin in the sight of God. We have all been cleansed.

His resurrection, however, this is where we find our salvation.

Adam's sin brought spiritual death which was God's punishment for his sin. Because we were all in Adam, we all sinned and we all died (Rom 5:12). Spiritual death is what separates us from God not our sin. It is through our spirit that a relationship with God, who is spirit, is even possible. If our spirit is dead, then no relationship with God is possible. So, for God to make a relationship possible, he must first deal with the cause of spiritual death... that is, the penalty for sin. So, Christ pays that penalty by taking upon himself God's punishment for all sin. There is now no longer any punishment for sin to be handed out. Because there is no more punishment, there is no longer the possibility of spiritual death once you have received new life through belief in Jesus. The resurrected Jesus the living Jesus, not the Jesus who died.

So then, what are you repenting of when you have already been forgiven your sins?

Being told you must repent of your sins for, or to maintain, salvation is simply a misunderstanding of the gospel. To do so makes you into a liar or a deceiver. How so? Do you come to God in repentance with the intention of continuing to do what it is you are repenting of, that being sin? No, of course not! You come to him with the unspoken promise you wont do it again. But, you do! Again and again. "Oh, but it shows God my intention is not to sin!" Think so? Your intentions only matter before the act. After the act has been committed, your intentions become irrelevant. The act is done, and your intentions make no difference at this point. The truth is, nobody hates their sin more than they like it. If they did, they simply wouldn't do it. The sooner people are ready to be honest with themselves and admit this fact, the sooner God can really start making a difference in their lives.

You are called to repent of your unbelief. This is what keeps you separated from God, not your sins (John 16:8-9). If you do not believe, you remain spiritually dead. Forgiven, yes, but still dead. Any sin you commit makes no difference because you're already dead. Repentance after that is simply having a change of mind. Instead of committing adultery, maybe choose not to. If the change of mind is too hard to carry out, because the temptation is far too strong, then this is where we are called to lean on God's strength over our own. This doesn't happen over night, but our hope here is in the fact that God knows this far better than we know ourselves. And, his grace is always sufficient.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then, what are you repenting of when you have already been forgiven your sins?
Repentance means to think differently.

We will always fall short and sin but the difference is we are thinking differently and have changed our minds about living a sinful life. No one that has truly come to repentance will want to continue to sin willfully. That's the natural state of a Christian. They will at least want to try and put the spirit above the flesh. If one continues to walk in darkness, the truth is not in them.

Christ paid the price for one and all time so anyone can boldly go to the throne. But that's not a license to sin. And we are still to go to the throne and confess sin-

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

And only someone who walks in the light will have their sins washed away.

I John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

I John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟78,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

We will always fall short and sin but the difference is we are thinking differently and have changed our minds about living a sinful life. No one that has truly come to repentance will want to continue to sin willfully. That's the natural state of a Christian. They will at least want to try and put the spirit above the flesh. If one continues to walk in darkness, the truth is not in them.

Christ paid the price for one and all time so anyone can boldly go to the throne. But that's not a license to sin. And we are still to go to the throne and confess sin-

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

I John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

I John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin
you selectively left out 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

that says a lot right there.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

A Devil's Advocate

Nov 2, 2023
Alberta
✟12,995.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Whether you sin wilfully or not is irrelevant. Sin is sin in the sight of God. He makes no distinction. So, whether your sin was a wilful act or an unintentional act, in the end you still sinned.

You have to use 1 John 1:9 out of context to make it say that. Nowhere under the new covenant are we told to confess our sins to God. 1 John 1:8 helps to reveal the context. You did not come to Christ because you believed yourself to be without sin. On the contrary. And, the longer you've been a christian, the more aware you become of how sinful you really are. Why then, would you suddenly claim to be without sin? And, what is this truth that is not in you? It's the word of God, Jesus. So then, we see John is not speaking to someone who is saved, but someone who believes himself to be without sin and is therefore not saved. John then goes on to say "If we confess our sins" that is to recognize that yes we are with sin, which is to come into agreement with what we are being accused of, then we will be forgiven, or more accurately.. will have been forgiven and cleansed of all righteousness. Note that forgiveness and confessing of sins are not the same thing. John is not say to ask God to forgive him his sins, but to simply confess he is a sinner. Yet, God will still forgive him and cleanse him of all unrighteousness even without him asking. Also, notice what John doesn't say. He doesn't say that he will be saved. Why? Because, in order to lead someone to salvation, you must first lead them to Christ. But, in order to lead them to Christ, the must be made aware of their need for Christ. This is where John was at with verse 8-9.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

that says a lot right there.
I've stated myself in every post that we will always sin and always fall short So no, I didn't selectively leave that out. I've put it in every post. But the difference is we've changed our minds. Those sins come and go because we are in the flesh and will be unto the end but repentance is the key. Someone who claims to be a Christian but continues to live a sinful life not caring has not come to repentance (change of mind)

Why then, would you suddenly claim to be without sin?
I've never claimed that. I've always stated we will always fall short we will always sin.That's the nature of the flesh. But it's about It's about repentance -change of heart and mind.

Christ became that one time atonment but it doesn't mean we are to continue to sin without a care in the world just because we are in the flesh.

If someone continues to sin (not caring, there's a difference) after claiming to be a Christian, what have they changed their minds about? How are they thinking differently?

Peter states-

Peter 4:1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind; for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"

I Peter 4:2 "That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God."

That's what repentance is, that's what changing your mind is about.
Whether you sin wilfully or not is irrelevant. Sin is sin in the sight of God.
Actually there is a difference. A person that has achieved repentance will not just willfully sin against God. They are in the flesh and will fall short and give into sin but then the Holy Spirit should continue to guide them, etc. Again, God is the heart knower.

So then, we see John is not speaking to someone who is saved, but someone who believes himself to be without sin and is therefore not saved.
You have to use 1 John 1:9 out of context
I don't believe it was out of context. Throughout chapters 1 and 2 , he continues to drive the point that we have to keep his word, walk in the light, etc. If we do, the truth is in us. He tells us to sin not but if we do sin, we have an advocate. Why does he even state sin not but if we do we have an advocate if it doesn't matter? And I don't believe he was talking to unsaved people. He also states-

I John 2:4 "He that saith "I know Him," and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

This is why John states that we have to walk in the light. Remember Christ states we can hang all of the commandments on two -loving God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. If you fall out of that, you have to repent/change your mind to get back into that light. We can't continue to walk in darkness knowingly. We can't just say I can live my life any way I want to. That's not what Christ taught and that's not what the disciples/apostles taught.

I John 2:5 "But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him."

Belief in Christ means we are to believe his ministry -what he taught, entrusting our salvation in him, etc. Christ did not teach that one can just go on sinning. And he also taught us how to go to the Father in prayer. The only difference now is we can boldy go to the throne though Christ, our advocate. But repenting (changing your mind) has to be there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it says "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works'

Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity' .

Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I John 2:17 "And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Peter 4:1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind; for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"

I Peter 4:2 "That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God."

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟287,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There is a great deal of incorrect theology in Christianity because much of it is based on the idea that we are saved by getting our sins forgiven. So, of course, how we deal with sin becomes the primary focus of our salvation. Cockcrow is correct. We are not called to repent of our sin for salvation or to maintain our salvation. God himself either repented or didn't 39 times in scripture. To repent, as it is used by the writers, is to simply have a change of mind, as Cockcrow pointed out.

Our salvation is not found in getting our sins forgiven. All sin was forgiven over 2000yrs ago. Everyone from the cross forward has come into the world already forgiven of their sins. That is the good news of the Gospel. Every single one of us, regardless of where we are at in life, or what we have done, can freely approach God for salvation. In fact, it is only because our sin has already been forgiven that we can even approach God in the first place. We see throughout the old testament that without first cleansing yourself, you could not approach God. This was the main purpose of Christ's death upon the cross. Jesus, taking all the punishment for our sin, left us innocent of any sin in the sight of God. We have all been cleansed.

His resurrection, however, this is where we find our salvation.

Adam's sin brought spiritual death which was God's punishment for his sin. Because we were all in Adam, we all sinned and we all died (Rom 5:12). Spiritual death is what separates us from God not our sin. It is through our spirit that a relationship with God, who is spirit, is even possible. If our spirit is dead, then no relationship with God is possible. So, for God to make a relationship possible, he must first deal with the cause of spiritual death... that is, the penalty for sin. So, Christ pays that penalty by taking upon himself God's punishment for all sin. There is now no longer any punishment for sin to be handed out. Because there is no more punishment, there is no longer the possibility of spiritual death once you have received new life through belief in Jesus. The resurrected Jesus the living Jesus, not the Jesus who died.

Being told you must repent of your sins for, or to maintain, salvation is simply a misunderstanding of the gospel. To do so makes you into a liar or a deceiver. How so? Do you come to God in repentance with the intention of continuing to do what it is you are repenting of, that being sin? No, of course not! You come to him with the unspoken promise you wont do it again. But, you do! Again and again. "Oh, but it shows God my intention is not to sin!" Think so? Your intentions only matter before the act. After the act has been committed, your intentions become irrelevant. The act is done, and your intentions make no difference at this point. The truth is, nobody hates their sin more than they like it. If they did, they simply wouldn't do it. The sooner people are ready to be honest with themselves and admit this fact, the sooner God can really start making a difference in their lives.

You are called to repent of your unbelief. This is what keeps you separated from God, not your sins (John 16:8-9). If you do not believe, you remain spiritually dead. Forgiven, yes, but still dead. Any sin you commit makes no difference because you're already dead. Repentance after that is simply having a change of mind. Instead of committing adultery, maybe choose not to. If the change of mind is too hard to carry out, because the temptation is far too strong, then this is where we are called to lean on God's strength over our own. This doesn't happen over night, but our hope here is in the fact that God knows this far better than we know ourselves. And, his grace is always sufficient.
Our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to unrepentantly live in sin, so there must be an aspect of our salvation that we are experiencing in the present that requires our repentance and ongoing participation. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us to do those works is the aspect of His gift of salvation that we are experiencing in the present, which requires our participation. Moreover, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20). So the gift of salvation requires us to be doers of God's law not as a prerequisite in order to earn it as the result, but because that is intrinsically part of what the content of the gift is.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟287,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Straightforward question for anyone who believes this.
Did you, in fact, walk in the same righteous perfection as the Father the day you were saved?
While I do not claim to have sinless obedience, the only reason why I would need to have that would be if I were going to give myself to pay for the sins of the world because the rest of us can thankfully repent after we have sinned. God's law came with instructions for what to do when His children sinned, so it never required us to have sinless obedience. In Titus 2:11-13, our describes our salvation as being trained by grace to do those works, and in Philippians 1:6, he who began a good work in us will be faithful to obey it on the day of Christ Jesus, but if we had perfect obedience from the moment that we were saved, then we wouldn't need that training and there would be nothing left to complete on that day.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,298.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It could be you come to Jesus, and it costs you to leave your past life behind, a lot of people have trouble quitting some sins,
But if you accept sin, you lose by giving up, we need to try with the help of God to quit everything that he doesn-t like, even if years passes and we still don-t do things alright, we shouldn-t get discouraged and keep trying, problem is that you need to call what is sin SIN and don-t accept it.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟205,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
What law was Abraham keeping when he sacrificed Issac?
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
What law is Paul talking about here?
Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
The law of works was not until 430 years after Abraham....
1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Yep.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And to those who say "I don't sin anymore" or "I turned from my sin, I don't even have the temptation to sin, when I got saved it all went away" the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Yes... and:

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Galatians 5:19 KJV
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are...

Romans 7:18-21 KJV
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
nope, repent of your sins is works according to Jonah 3:10. and we are not saved by works. Jesus did all the work, we just believe on him. Jesus paid it all..repent means change of mind. not "of your sins" those verses say nothing about repeting of sins for eternal life, salvation.

Jonah doesn’t declare as “works” the NT Greek word “repentance” or “repent” (metanoeo from meta = with, among + noeo = to think, exercise the mind <> from nous = mind; cf metanoia) means to have another mind.)

The Hebrew in Jonah 3:10 is not a reference to “change of mind” Greek metanoeo, but the Hebrew of Jonah 3:10 is a change in direction of one’s actions from something, meaning they turned from wicked actions.

So, Jonah is not applicable as a limiting qualification or rebuttal of any NT verses invoking the Greek word metanoeo “repent” and/or “repentance.”

Yet, this doesn’t weaken or strengthen your claim believing in Jesus is sufficient to be saved. This is, as a general proposition, true and finds support from Paul. “[T]hat is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 [f]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [g]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [h]resulting in salvation.” Romans 10.

Yet, the NT is inundated with verses of the necessity of “repentance.” The NT verses using metanoeo are rationally understood to “think” or to “change” one’s “thinking” at least in regards to Jesus. More explicitly, to direct one’s thoughts to understand and accept Jesus as the Son of God, who died for our sins, and was resurrected from the dead and lives forever more.

From this proper understanding of the Greek for “repent” and “repentance” in the NT, repent and repentance is required for salvation. Indeed, Paul’s verse of, ““[T]hat is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 [f]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [g]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [h]resulting in salvation.”, is consistent with and reflective of a subject who has engaged in “metanoeo” where the person is thinking of Jesus as Lord, raised from the dead, and now “believes.”

“Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away…” Acts 3:19

“The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; Acts 3:38

“God is now proclaiming to mankind that all people everywhere are to repent, 31 because He has set a day on which He will judge [v]the world in righteousness [w]through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all people [x]by raising Him from the dead.” Acts 17:30

*not exhaustive list of repent/repentance in NT*

So, the NT does invoke the Greek word “metanoeo” our English repent/repentance, which means in Greek “to think, exercise the mind <> from nous = mind; cf metanoia) means to have another mind,” as necessary for salvation.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,298.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to quit sinning, even if it costs us years and lots of tears. Everything that quenchs the presence of God must go, if we don-t do that we can-t have fellowship with Him in this earth. and i don-t want to know what happens in the next.

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

And not every sin is the same, some sins are not going to offend God much.
Others like sexual immorality/porn/aduletery/fornication/homosexuality etc will quench the presence of God so much that you are going to get in a bad state if you were born again.

That-s why in the Council of Jerusalem, they specially wanted christians to avoid -sexual immorality-.
And just in this area is where a lot people fall.

Upvote 0

John G.

Feb 2, 2024
N. Ireland
✟13,028.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Divorced
By acknowledging Jesus as your saviour, you are basically saying that you need a saviour because you cannot be justified by your own works.
The Holy Spirit is the one who draws you to Jesus by convicting you of your sins and showing you your need for a Saviour - from sin.
From personal experience I can say that conviction of sin and the need to turn away from sin and be reconciled to God, was my first step to be saved.
And, as you say, salvation was by faith in the finished work of Jesus on the cross.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟14,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is disgusting. Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins. and nowhere does it say repent of your sins to be saved. the Bible says you must Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, Acts 16:31 that's it. not repent from all your sins, stop sinning, give up drinking, etc. ppl add in works, Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all, these people say "repent of your sins to be saved" no you repent of your sins buddy, the sin of a false gospel being preached. being a false prophet is the worst sin there is it's this wicked works salvation garbage that people want to add works to salvation. Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all. anyone who wants to add to the simple gospel , that is wicked.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Jon 3:9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mrk 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mrk 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Act 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.