I hate Repent of your sins to be Saved. it is a false gospel, lie from the pit of hell

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What happens after the names are blotted out of the book of life? They are cast into the Lake of Fire to be purged of their wickedness. To be in the Book of Life simply means that you avoid this painful experience, and you go into life.

We are to become gods. Not THE God, for no one could be in essence what God is. There is but one God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Trinity. But the purpose of man's creation was that man would grow into godlikeness and therefore be able to share in the divine love which exists between the members of the Trinity. We were created for love, but in order to be able to handle such a thing, we must grow into holiness.

St. Peter speaks of us being made "partakers of the divine nature." Stop and ponder that for a moment. If we were just to be dirtbugs for all eternity, to what purpose would God place the divine nature in us?
Please provide scripture for Purging of the wickedness.

There is no such place as heaven, nor is there such a place as hell. There is simply God and His Kingdom. I don't get how you think that the assurance that God will ultimately save all somehow removes assurance? That is odd to me. It seems you should think just the opposite, that knowing that God has a plan to save all - some in this life and the majority after death through the painful process of purging of our sins - that this would not only be an assurance, but would give great comfort and joy, especially if you have family members who, after repeatedly being witnessed to, want nothing to do with Christ.
Heave does not exist? Hell does not exist?
I have not spoken of the assurance that all will somehow be ultimately saved.
God has a plan 'where' all might be saved. But they are not forced into it. He offers.
Please, where is this purging of sins in scripture?
How long is this purging of sins? The rich man is there now, what? 2k years now? How does that register on your 'fairness' meter?

But . . . I guess since you are assured of your own personal salvation, the salvation of the rest of the world . . . meaaaaaah, who cares? Millions (billions?) of people have lived and died and never heard of Christ, the Gospel, or the Bible. No problem. They're sinners and they deserve hell, right? You just got lucky and were born in a place where you could hear of Christ and have faith.
You act as a child. So starts the name-calling and personal attacks.
It started with Adam and Eve. And the continued teaching, or not. Perhaps in your world, the father, declined to teach his children about God, and so his children did not teach their children about God, for 10 generations. Does the first father then spend 10x or so longer being purged of his sins and the sins he cause, and the next father, 9x, and the next father 8x...? The sins of the father do impact children. For generations. Drunks beget drunks, and so on. But now the sin goes back up from the greatest of grandchildren to each successive generation in reverse and the first paying the greatest price?

This sounds like scripture according to your feelings and what you say is allowed and disallowed.

You can throw all the corrupted modern Greek texts and concordance definitions at me you wish. It does not change the fact. Aionios means "age-lasting." I don't even have to be a Greek scholar to understand this. Look at the etymology of the word. The root is "aion" and aion always means "age," therefore, "aionios" as a derivative of this root word simply cannot mean "eternal" or "everlasting."
Do your word study on Olam. Then apply this to the greek translated as eternal or everlating...

Hell was invented by Roman Catholic clergy to keep the peasants in line through fear. The majority of people before the printing press and education were illiterate, stupid, and bestial. Study their behavior throughout Christian history and you will see what the clergy and hierarchy had to deal with. Fear of hell makes good little Catholics.

When Jesus speaks of "age-lasting correction" (Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into age-lasting correction, but the righteous into age-lasting life.) He is limiting His speech only to that which will happen in the next age. So we see that the correction of the wicked in the fires of God's corrective love (which they will experience as hell, according to St. Isaac of Syria) will last for an entire age. After that, we have no clue, as the Revelation of John speaks of "ages of ages" which are yet to come.
So, you acknowledge God's punishment.
But you just don't want it to be eternal. Because that would be too much for you and your translators.

Of course, as Dr. David Bentley Hart says, this is a great discouragement to people because they like to think of themselves as being special people in a special class - they "accepted Jesus" and thus they are, at least in their subconscious, better than all those scruffy sinners of whom it is fun to look down upon and know that they are better than them. I'm not saying necessarily that YOU think that way. Perhaps you go out and try to convert people regularly, caring deeply for their eternal welfare. Bravo! I'm just saying that there are people who think that way, and the idea of letting sinners in to eternal life *gasp* that's a pearl-clutching moment for them to think of such a thing.
This Dr. David Bentley sure sounds proud of his name-calling. He sounds like he is undoing all his work with childish name-calling. He destroys his own credibility. And please, don't hide behind your "I'm not saying necessarily that YOU think that way."

So entering into the love of God is no reason to come to Him? So eschewing sin in this life is no reason for salvation? Do you like the world we live in now? Do you think that if people really were converted and began to live like Christ we might not have wars, murders, child-trafficking, prostitution, inappropriate contentography, wife-beaters, and drugged out homeless lying in the streets? Do you get what I am saying? You have an entirely wrong view of why people need to turn to Christ. We were made for union with God. That is what we should be striving for in this life, both for ourselves and all those who are in deep pain from the slavery of sin.
This is silly. What if's and rainbows. God's plan was not built for what if's. They don't exist.

Unrepentant are delivered to the same place as the devil and his demons. Again, that torment is OK? It is OK that it lasts 1 year? 100 years? 1000k Years? But not eternal? And it is OK for the fallen Angels. Part of God's creation. But not man.

The same word for eternal or everlasting is used in scripture for much more than just Heaven and Hell or whatever you want to call them. And Future tense is not age or ages, or finite amounts of time.

The world we live in is what calls to each and every one of us that there has got to be more, and better. And this is what causes people to cry out to God.

I have not vetted this group. But this is a very well-written rebuttal to not being eternal. Using Hebrew and Greek. Has the Word “Eternal” Been Correctly Translated? | Biblical Science Institute

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you click on his name and look at his posts this guy doesn’t ever address the verses that refute his theology, he just ignores them. He doesn’t even attempt to address them. He’s what you call a “drive by preacher” where he shouts a bunch of Bible verses then disappears from the discussion.
I guess we all think that others aren't bothering to read the whole bible when we disagree with them, And I know everyone here's sincere about their beliefs. But, yes, sometimes it seems like many passages are overlooked, ignored, re-translated, or strategically interpreted to fit particular cherished theologies.

Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess we all think that others aren't bothering to read the whole bible when we disagree with them, And I know everyone here's sincere about their beliefs. But, yes, sometimes it seems like many passages are overlooked, ignored, re-translated, or strategically interpreted to fit particular cherished theologies.
Thus, we have so many churches.

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thus, we have so many churches.
Indeed, in the first century church, you had Paul, Peter, James and John to name but four, and also people who believed all gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses(Acts15:5) I am sure Paul disagreed with such people vehemently, but the leaders of the church accepted them all as part of one church. Today it is very different

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Textus Receptus was Greek.
Yeah you’re right I apologize. This is what confused me.

Erasmus had been working for years making philological notes on scriptural and patristic texts. In 1512, he began his work on the Latin New Testament. He consulted all the Vulgate manuscripts that he could find to create an edition without scribal corruptions and with better Latin.

From this it looks like it’s saying Erasmus was trying to make a better Latin translation than the Vulgate. Sorry it’s been a while since I studied this, I’m a bit embarrassed. Lol

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Lots of scripture in God's Word teaching us that one cannot continue in sin and be in right standing with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

The gospel is not just deliverance from the penalty of sin, we are supposed to not be living in sin.

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is disgusting. Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins. and nowhere does it say repent of your sins to be saved. the Bible says you must Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, Acts 16:31 that's it. not repent from all your sins, stop sinning, give up drinking, etc. ppl add in works, Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all, these people say "repent of your sins to be saved" no you repent of your sins buddy, the sin of a false gospel being preached. being a false prophet is the worst sin there is it's this wicked works salvation garbage that people want to add works to salvation. Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all. anyone who wants to add to the simple gospel , that is wicked.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
I am surprised anyone who has studied the whole of Scripture could come to this view. I think taking a word study can be misleading if not done in context of the whole of Scripture but to come to the conclusion that Scripture doesn't speak of repentance of sin, well sorry your disgusted but you're wrong.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am surprised anyone who has studied the whole of Scripture could come to this view. I think taking a word study can be misleading if not done in context of the whole of Scripture but to come to the conclusion that Scripture doesn't speak of repentance of sin, well sorry your disgusted but you're wrong.

Some churches do falsely teach that all their sins are paid for past, present, and future so there is no need to repent of our sins at all.

Of course this leads to people living in sin as this is all a snare of the devil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
it is disgusting, it is spritiual abortion to teach false repent of your sins gospel it leads souls to hell. damns them to hell. because its a false gospel that canot save. Salvaiton is Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. not Repent from all your sins, stop sinning.

Galatians 2:21 “I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Some churches do falsely teach that all their sins are paid for past, present, and future so there is no need to repent of our sins at all.

Of course this leads to people living in sin as this is all a snare of the devil.
Romans 4:6-8 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 4:6-8 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

And those claiming this for themselves feel entitled to go out and live in sin.

In the end they'll learn that the Lord actually DID count their sins against them (Gal 6:7,8)

It ain't gonna be nuthin nice for those peeps.
disagree.gif

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
it is disgusting, it is spritiual abortion to teach false repent of your sins gospel it leads souls to hell. damns them to hell. because its a false gospel that canot save. Salvaiton is Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. not Repent from all your sins, stop sinning.

Galatians 2:21 “I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
Totally disagree but you have a right to your opinion of course. Believe and faith aren't the same thing and I fear many believe but don't have faith. Saying the sinners prayer for instance and thinking that's it I'm saved. I'd be interested what , if any , denomination you belong to. In any case peace to you.

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I understand the teaching you're referring to. That would still not negate repentance. I believe the way he's stating it would be a false gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I understand the teaching you're referring to. That would still not negate repentance. I believe the way he's stating it would be a false gospel.
Sorry meant to say false teaching not false gospel. I think gospel can be used too broadly.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is disgusting. Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins. and nowhere does it say repent of your sins to be saved. the Bible says you must Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, Acts 16:31 that's it.

Actually that's "Not it". satan believes Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Himself said to "Teke Heed" of the "many" deceivers who come in His Name preaching His is the Christ. Those "Christians" in Matt. 7 taught in Christ's Name, clearly they Believed in Jesus.

So right off the bat you are misrepresenting the Bible by "Omitting" some of the weightier matters of the Word. Jesus Himself said;

Luke 6: 46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

And again;

Luke 13: 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Paul teaches to both Jew and Gentile; "that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

If a man believed in the Jesus "of the bible" he would repent and "Go and Sin no more".

Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟307,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
repent means change of mind. not "of your sins" those verses say nothing about repeting of sins for eternal life, salvation.
The Greek word for "repent" is "metanoia" (noun) and "matanoeo" (verb) you see as defined in the Strongs #3340, 3341: to think differently or afterwards, reconsider. After thought, change of mind. Repentance basically means a "change of mind" and the context must determine what is involved in this change of mind. Where salvation is in view, repentance actually "precedes" saving faith in Christ and is not a totally separate act from faith. It is actually the same coin with two sides. Repentance is on one side (what you change your mind about) and faith in Christ is on the positive side (the new direction of this change of mind). Repentance and faith are two sides of the same experience of receiving Christ. (Acts 20:21)

In the context of Luke 13:3, Jesus challenged the people's notion that they were morally superior to those who suffered in such catastrophes. He called all to repent or perish. For some people though, prior to coming to the end result of repentance in receiving salvation (faith in Christ) they must change their minds about other specific things in order to get there. Repentance, metanoia, focuses on changing one's mind about his previous concept of God, as in Acts 17:30 and disbelief in God or false beliefs (polytheism and idolatry) about God, as in 1 Thessalonians 1:9. On the other hand, this change of mind, focuses on the new direction that change about God must ultimately take, namely, trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

Certain people misunderstand the term "repentance" to simply mean "completely stop sinning." That is not the Biblical definition of repentance. In the Bible, the word "repent" means to "change your mind." The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions. Acts 26:20 declares, "I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds." This is the fruit of repentance (Matthew 3:8) and not the essence of repentance (change of mind). Certain people confuse the "fruit of repentance" with the "essence of repentance" (and also do the same thing with faith) and end up teaching salvation by works.

I have heard certain people say, "If you want to be saved, repent of your sins, turn from your sins." Well, if turning from your sins means to stop completely stop sinning, then people can only be saved if they completely stop sinning. If that was the case, then nobody will be saved since we don't know anyone who has ever "completely stopped sinning" and lives a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived.). Those who do claim sinless perfection need to read (1 John 1:8-10).

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If I sinned, I am become unrighteous, Yes. To become Righteous, this sin must be removed/forgiven, Yes?

In the Law and Prophets, before the Seed came, before the Rock of Israel became a man, when a man sinned against God or Transgressed God's Commandments, how was this man's Sins forgiven? What "Works of the Law" did Moses command this man to "Do"?

Did God Command that a man "Love His Neighbor as himself" and his sin would be forgiven? No! Lets read what is actually written about how righteousness was achieved for the man who sinned, before the Seed came.

Lev. 4: 27 And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;

28 Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.

29 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

30 And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

31 And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

So here we have the "Works of the Law" for the remission of Sins that Abraham didn't have, because they were not "ADDED" until 430 years after God said "that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

These Priesthood Works were Prophesied to change "After those days" when the SEED should come, Yes? The Prophesied Messiah.

Please consider the following questions in the interest of finding Biblical Truth. If the Mainstream Preachers of Jesus and Paul's time, (Scribes and Pahrisees) didn't believe Jesus was the Prophesied Messiah, would they not still be promoting their version of these same "works of the Law" for the remission/forgiveness of Sins? And if this Law, Added 430 years after Abraham, removed my sins making me righteous "according to the Law", then wouldn't Christ's Death be in Vain? Therefore, now that the SEED has come, no flesh is Justified by "works of the Law".

And what other "Works of the Law" were there that God instructed men to do? Truly the Priesthood changed, as Prophesied. "for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain".

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's true. We are not under the Mosaic Law. Christ is our sacrifice. The lamb in place of Isaac or the unblemished lamb as the sin offering were types and forward looking to The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. John baptized with water (repentance or penance ) referring to Mark's gospel. Christ will baptize with the Holy Spirit. Without faith we can't please God at the same time Faith is, in my opinion, more than simple belief. We should not use Scripture like bullets in our guns to shoot at others. Just throwing Scripture at each other is not profitable without dialogue seeking truth.

Upvote 0