• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I don’t love anyone or care about anyone

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As Christians we have to be the light of the Earth and also the salt of it. But sin must be dealt with, especially the sin of accepting the world into the church, so we don't become idol and lazy and say to ourselves, "scrap the scripture, let's go along with the flow of the world".

That's what happened in the OT and look how they suffered, will we allow Satan his last last chance to deceive our Friends, family, etc. ???...no we shouldn't, we should be on our watch for others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟166,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Andrew98,

There too many variables we can't see in one paragraph about yourself. We can't read you. We don't know you. God does and he can. Get with God and have him show you where your at. He knows your heart at what going on. Let him show you. Prayerfully seek answers.

From a distance, maybe your so preoccupied with other stuff, you don't or haven't yet processed stuff that's going on. Maybe a phase in your life that you will go through,

I know people who show little to no emotion, yet I know to be good people. Others show too much emotion. We all process things in our lives differently, again so many variables.

The really good thing about this is your being real and honest about it. God bless.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, its not OK to be bad or broken or different. Christ doesn't want that. Andrew can be renewed by the power of Jesus Christ. Why think that's just how we are? The Lord can work miracles in our lives, he can change the most stubborn sinners/heart into one that's in obedience to him and do mighty works for him on this Earth. He could even make Andrew teach you in your unbelief that you can do mighty things for the Lord. Amen.
But it is ok to be different.

Upvote 0

Renata8

God is good always
Jun 14, 2020
Florida
✟13,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can write well with one of my hands, but if I try to write with the other, I wouldn’t get the same results. There’s nothing wrong with either of my hands though because they both work just fine. There’s nothing wrong with you either. Everyone’s wired differently, just like a left and right hand. If you want to experience caring about the people around you, you need to let your guard down, take a few chances by letting others get closer to you. You’re young, so it’ll take time. Are you a bit introverted? it takes time to feel attached to someone unless you let them in. You’re very blessed to have family that cares about you. They’re open and they’ve let you in. You can try to let them in. How? Do something really nice for each of them and take it from there.

• Friendly
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can write well with one of my hands, but if I try to write with the other, I wouldn’t get the same results. There’s nothing wrong with either of my hands though because they both work just fine. There’s nothing wrong with you either. Everyone’s wired differently, just like a left and right hand. If you want to experience caring about the people around you, you need to let your guard down, take a few chances by letting others get closer to you. You’re young, so it’ll take time. Are you a bit introverted? it takes time to feel attached to someone unless you let them in. You’re very blessed to have family that cares about you. They’re open and they’ve let you in. You can try to let them in. How? Do something really nice for each of them and take it from there.
Yes I am introverted. Thanks for your nice message.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have mentioned your lack of friends and desire for companionship on many occasions. You affirm your introversion but I must ask if its serving you well?

Look at your life. Can you imagine doing the same for the next ten years? Do you want to remain alone? Stop giving yourself permission to be miserable.
  • Ask the Lord to open your heart and deepen your love and compassion for others.
  • Get out of the rut. Fill your mind with edifying messages. Listen to sermons. Read books by Christian men on character. Lend a helping hand at church.
  • Develop your masculinity. Check out The Art of Manliness. There are many sites like that which educate and provide a positive environment for men.
  • If communicating is difficult consider joining Toastmasters. They have locations around the world. They’ll develop your confidence and leadership skills.
You must be proactive. You can’t wish yourself into different circumstances. Start engaging on CF and move away from your problems. Answer a question. Offer prayer and support for someone else.

~Bella

Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Is there something wrong with me? I feel like I don’t really care about anyone. My grandparent died and I didn’t even get upset at all. I’m losing my other grandparent too and I don’t know if I care to be honest as awful as that sounds. I also have parents and siblings and even though most of them are nice to me I don’t know if I love or care about them.
I feel like I have no heart. I can’t help it - it’s just the way I am.

I think what you have is psychopathy. Best to have it checked with a professional if you're concerned.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there something wrong with me? I feel like I don’t really care about anyone. My grandparent died and I didn’t even get upset at all. I’m losing my other grandparent too and I don’t know if I care to be honest as awful as that sounds. I also have parents and siblings and even though most of them are nice to me I don’t know if I love or care about them.

Only you know what's wrong. Nobody here is a mind reader. If you share the cause of your problems it would help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think you could possibly use a therapist (which doesn't at all mean your not "normal") and may find some help, but the most important thing would be to find some way (anything at first) to help someone else. Offer to pick up stuff in the church bldg after service or anything. During Covid lockdown, get groceries for an elderly person in your neighborhood (you can find out who needs it by talking to your pastor). Do what Jesus wanted us to do, follow his teachings. Once your main concern is on Christ and how you can help others the feelings will follow. That's just the way humans work.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Firstly, have you heard This:

I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." -Psalms 16:2

So, the question is : Are you apart with the Lord or in union with Him?

Secondly, consider this:
And he said to them, "Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you. -Mark 4:24
For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away." -Mark 4:25

So, have you considered the message in the gospel ? Have you considered what you have heard and how you heard them ?

So, consider your future by the way you want to hear.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask if you have any diagnosis of anything in the mood disorder or autism range? I am asperger's, and also take medication for anxiety. My feelings are very flat and neutral even towards my children and family. Other people seem to be much more affected with emotions and feelings that I simply can't relate to or understand. I've stopped trying to feel things that I just don't, and don't talk about it much because people seem to think I'm a tad odd when I do. It may really just be the way you are, which is okay!
I do not have autism. I feel like I align kind of closely with schizoid personality disorder but I don’t feel like I can trust these worldly interpretations of the mind.

• Useful
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, I know we are discussing the thread : I don’t love anyone or care anyone.

Let us consider we have heard:
for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. -1 John 3:20

Though our hearts condemn us or don’t condemn us, we must perceive and understand that God is greater than our hearts and He knows everything.

So we should not believe what our hearts believe, for our hearts may yield to the old nature, that involved: pains, afflictions and sufferings. But we should believe what God believe, that we may put on the new nature, that is, of Christ — full of goodness and truth.

Let us consider what we have heard:

“O Israel, return to the Lord your God, For you have stumbled because of your iniquity; Take words with you, And return to the Lord. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭14:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Let us as spiritual Israelites, return to the Lord our God and take words that Christ speaks to us and say to Him,”Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips.”

Beloved ones, let us trust Lord Jesus Christ can bind our wounds,for He is a good Shepherd.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, I would like to share on this thread what I have written before, that you may find the strength to love and care again.

I have written about planting the ground of our hearts.

This is what we have heard:
break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the LORD, that He may come and rain righteousness upon you. -Hosea 10:12

Don’t we consider FALLOW GROUND, as ground that are UNUSED and UNUSABLE ?

Don’t the Son of Man sow seed on the ground of our hearts?

Are the ground of our hearts unused ? Shouldn’t the ground be used for planting ? Or are the ground of our hearts READY to be planted with the word of the kingdom?

When ground are declared to be UNUSABLE? Do farmers only plow the ground, that is UNUSED ? or Do they also plow the UNUSABLE ground ? They do !

Why break up the ground? Why plowed ? Why tilled ? Is it not because the ground is HARDENED and filled with thorns and weeds ?

Are hearts hardened? Because of those who hurt, wrong, offend, scorn, humiliate, reject, abandon, sinned against us ?

Is it unbelief ? Because of unanswered prayers.

Or is it because the worries of this life, wealth and other pleasures ?

Are hearts hardened that it become insensitive to the needs of others ?

Can these hardened hearts be plowed or tilled ? Yes, they can be plowed or tilled.

Are the unused and unusable ground OFFERED to be plowed or tilled ? So, have we offered the grounds of hearts to be plowed by God ? So, have we OFFERED our hearts daily to God ?

Yes, we have ‘sin’, but we no longer want our hearts hardened by deceitfulness of sin. For we have confessed our sins, and our Lord who is faithful and just have shown us grace by forgiving our sins and cleanse our unrighteous thoughts. Yes, we have sinned but we don’t make our Lord a liar, and that His word is in us. And we are clean because of His word, that is in us.

So we offer ourselves to His words of truth. Putting hope in His words— for with the Lord is steadfast love and plentiful redemption. When He redeem our iniquities ! We are no longer separated from God. When He forgives our sins ! God don’t hide His face from us. He makes us alive by the Spirit of His words. When we live by His Spirit, we have His strength to put to death the practices of the body.

When we set our mind on the things of the Spirit! His Spirit strengthen our mind to make all thoughts captive to obey Christ.

Just as the fallow ground, that is unused and unusable, being OFFERED to be broken up, plowed and tilled by farmers.

So we OFFER the ground of our hearts to God.

Just as the fallow ground is CLEARED from thorns and weeds.

So the ground of our hearts is CLEARED from sins.

When we offer ourselves to God ! or when we submit ourselves to God !

The ground of our hearts will be plowed or tilled ! And ready for planting ! Ready to receive the word of the kingdom.

To God the Father be glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
When a person struggles socially, that usually means they are not as involved with people, or that they are somewhat reserved with those they hang out with. In that context it's not surprising to have less emotional attachment or to question whether you care about them. You may not be as invested because you doubt whether you are truly close to them or whether you'll be able to be.

For me, a lot of it is based on insecurity. I would sometimes have thoughts like, "They are only talking to me because they are bored." Or "Maybe I seem fun now, but I can't manage this 24/7. They'll move on when they realize that." So, in a way it can be a protective mechanism. Being afraid of caring a lot because then if things go poorly, it will hurt more.

It's better to try and understand your emotions, or lack of them, rather than judging yourself for having or not having them. Because only by figuring out the root of the situation are you likely to change it. When you know why you are experiencing things a certain way, you can say, for example, "I realize I can't know if this friendship will last. But I refuse to let that hold me back."

Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you my brother and may Christ our Lord lift you out of this dark place into the shining bright light, I pray for you my friend. God bless.

Upvote 0