✟692,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What's your major?

I don't know yet. I am just studying the basics. You know math, English, and history. But I am thinking going into office management. I have vertigo, and it is hard for me to walk without assistance.

Thank you for asking. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟692,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "walk without assistance"? Is it a problem only when you are outside?

I mean, I have to use a walking stick to walk. I don't need people's help; I can walk on my own, but only with a walking stick. Most jobs I tried to work at wouldn't hire me for fear that I would hurt myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

deusartemlux

Solus Christus
Jan 25, 2018
Alabama
✟17,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
I don't know yet. I am just studying the basics. You know math, English, and history. But I am thinking going into office management. I have vertigo, and it is hard for me to walk without assistance.

Thank you for asking. :)

Nice. I can image the vertigo part is difficult. :( My mom has struggled with it off and on. Smart thinking going for buisiness/managment; that way you maxamize your chance of getting a desk job where vertigo won't affect you as much.
Best!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, my IQ is very low. And I process information very slowly.

And I think I can find out if this is possible for me.

Thank you so much @hope. This was very helpful.
Your IQ is not fixed! You can improve your intelligence.
Imagine waking up in the morning and first thing, you are given a test. How will you perform? Not good. You need to get up, move around, have something to eat, but what you eat is important too, then your body digests the food, giving you energy. You go out and exercise, getting your blood flowing to your brain and supplying it with calories, energy. Now take the test. You will do much better.
Exercise, eat right, and try to process information in bits and pieces. Sometimes looking at it all at once is overwhelming and confusing. Baby steps. Read a paragraph, stop and think about what you read. Write about what you read, summarizing it. That way you aren't just reading words and not comprehending. After a while you will process info better. Actually writing out your thoughts will lead to better communication. Stop wasting time with video games and things that just won't benefit you in a long run, even TV.
I have to tell a story about a woman who had two young children in school and they were doing terribly, they always came home with bad grades. But all they would do is come home and watch TV! The mother got rid of the TV and told them they had to read a book and write a report and give it to her. She couldn't read herself (but they didn't know that). She would look at the report, shake her head in affirmation, "That's good, keep it up, you can do better." She gave the kids positive encouragement. They figured out the rest for themselves by reading, improving and learning. Twenty years later, they both became doctors! There used to be a commercial on TV: "Be all you can be, read." Don't ever think that you are not smart and therefore will never accomplish much! You can. You may not be a rocket scientist, but you will succeed if you keep at whatever you find interests you. God gave us all talents and abilities, we just need to find them. You are good at something, discover your strengths and find what interests you and that will be your path.
There are certain brain nutrients that enhance mental abilities. Natural Vitamin E, Huperzine A, Vinpocetine , etc. You can get those at a Vitamin shop. Certain foods like fish are consider brain foods, that contain neurotransmitters used in the brain like choline.
Basically, the wrong foods can make you have brain fog. These foods like sugar, fined flour, donuts, junk food, processed food that contains high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, etc., can lead not only to obesity, but poor mental functions as well.
Healthy body, healthy mind. If you aren't exercising and eating right, you will not perform anything at 100%. God made people with brilliant minds, average and below average. We need to accept this and just do the best with what He gave us.
Here are a few cites that may help.
Fourteen Ways to Increase Your IQ - Daring to Live Fully
15 Brain Foods To Boost Focus and Memory - Dr. Axe

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟692,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your IQ is not fixed! You can improve your intelligence.
Imagine waking up in the morning and first thing, you are given a test. How will you perform? Not good. You need to get up, move around, have something to eat, but what you eat is important too, then your body digests the food, giving you energy. You go out and exercise, getting your blood flowing to your brain and supplying it with calories, energy. Now take the test. You will do much better.
Exercise, eat right, and try to process information in bits and pieces. Sometimes looking at it all at once is overwhelming and confusing. Baby steps. Read a paragraph, stop and think about what you read. Write about what you read, summarizing it. That way you aren't just reading words and not comprehending. After a while you will process info better. Actually writing out your thoughts will lead to better communication. Stop wasting time with video games and things that just won't benefit you in a long run, even TV.
I have to tell a story about a woman who had two young children in school and they were doing terribly, they always came home with bad grades. But all they would do is come home and watch TV! The mother got rid of the TV and told them they had to read a book and write a report and give it to her. She couldn't read herself (but they didn't know that). She would look at the report, shake her head in affirmation, "That's good, keep it up, you can do better." She gave the kids positive encouragement. They figured out the rest for themselves by reading, improving and learning. Twenty years later, they both became doctors! There used to be a commercial on TV: "Be all you can be, read." Don't ever think that you are not smart and therefore will never accomplish much! You can. You may not be a rocket scientist, but you will succeed if you keep at whatever you find interests you. God gave us all talents and abilities, we just need to find them. You are good at something, discover your strengths and find what interests you and that will be your path.
There are certain brain nutrients that enhance mental abilities. Natural Vitamin E, Huperzine A, Vinpocetine , etc. You can get those at a Vitamin shop. Certain foods like fish are consider brain foods, that contain neurotransmitters used in the brain like choline.
Basically, the wrong foods can make you have brain fog. These foods like sugar, fined flour, donuts, junk food, processed food that contains high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, etc., can lead not only to obesity, but poor mental functions as well.
Healthy body, healthy mind. If you aren't exercising and eating right, you will not perform anything at 100%. God made people with brilliant minds, average and below average. We need to accept this and just do the best with what He gave us.
Here are a few cites that may help.
Fourteen Ways to Increase Your IQ - Daring to Live Fully
15 Brain Foods To Boost Focus and Memory - Dr. Axe

Wow. Thanks :)

Reactions: Ronald
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟692,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nice. I can image the vertigo part is difficult. :( My mom has struggled with it off and on. Smart thinking going for buisiness/managment; that way you maxamize your chance of getting a desk job where vertigo won't affect you as much.
Best!

Thank you, sir. :)

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I am starting to hate school. It is very difficult for me to process information. I know that the teachers are not there to baby me; but sometimes I don't understand what the instructors want in an assignment. And there are some subjects that I understand easily, I just don't understand the homework. I don't ask for clarification from the instructors because I don't want to bother them, or them saying "I am not here to hold your hand." So I end up passing, but with a low grade. And eventually the lower it gets, the more I end getting a non-passing grade.

Do you still feel this way? How are things going for you now if you're still in school?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟692,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you still feel this way? How are things going for you now if you're still in school?

Thank you very much for asking. I am still in school. I have 5 more classes until I get my AA degree. And then I'm going to go to a university.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you very much for asking. I am still in school. I have 5 more classes until I get my AA degree. And then I'm going to go to a university.

My pleasure! That's so great!!!

Upvote 0