Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
"And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them." - John 17:10

This was spoken by Jesus Himself when He prayed unto the Father for His disciples, and for all who believe thereafter, as He said, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:20)

I AM glorified in them. Everyone who belongs to Christ belongs to the Father, and all who belongs to the Father belong to Christ, and He saith "I AM glorified in them" Not, "will be glorified," but I AM glorified, as in present tense: presently.

Now mark the real Christian and Christ will be glorified in them. Is He? Is He glorified in you? John 17:17 & 19, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth...And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth." "Hagiazo" is translated sanctify here and means to hallow, set apart to God, and most importantly, to separate from profane things and dedicate to God.

Can it be said of you the same as Paul wrote to the Romans " For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil." (Romans 16:19) That might be a bit confusing, as to what it means to be simple concerning evil. The Greek there, "akeraios" means harmless, unmixed as in pure wine or metal, and of the mind, without a mixture of evil, free from guile, innocent, simple. So he is talking about sanctification here, being separate from profane things, and not mixing yourself at all with evil, even in thought! Not so "simple" that little word "simple."

So, are you a Christian? Christ best be glorified in you! Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27) There are many who believe but are not His; He is not glorified in them. The Spirit of the Living God, the Holy Father, will not dwell with the unholy, but will drive out the unholy. Corinthians 6:17, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

O Father, may the Shikinah glory shine in your people, and those who profess to be! For there are many who will try to enter in but don't have a wedding garment, (Matthew 22:11-13) and have dead lamps with no oil, and the Master says He doesn't know you. (Matthew 25:1-12) What a solemn and somber thing! "I AM glorified in them" Please do not be among those described in Matthew 7:20-23, who cry Lord Lord, haven't we done many things in your name? But He will "profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Romans 8:29-30,
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
"Doxazo" which is "glorified" in that passage means in this context to make glorious, adorn with lustre, clothe with splendor, to IMPART glory, render it excellent, render something illustrious. That is the glory we should have in THIS life: as He saith, "I AM glorified in them."

Jesus doesn't save you in your sins, but saves you from your sins, and commands you "go and sin no more" and this is so He will be glorified in you. Don't think Christ's forgiveness gives you license to sin because after all, He's going to forgive you. That is not a godly attitude, and is rotten fruit, because Jesus suffered and died to redeem you which involves both forgiveness of din, AND freedom from sin. Like 1 John 5:6 says "Whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." Hard words - some of the toughest verses in the Bible in 1 John, but they are written to admonish us to flee far far from sin, and to live in His righteousness.

His righteousness is a gift. Take it, then live it: live in it. Let His righteousness clothe you with a garment worthy to be worn into His wedding feast, for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints, (Revelation 19:8), so Jesus will say "I Am glorified in them."

Romans 6:6,
"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin" You see here we are not to serve sin: it is to have no part in us. We are still in the flesh but the flesh is that old man crucified, and Christs glory will shine and live through us.

I pray this is not a dead letter, but that the Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on us, like the song says: and that is with the Holy Ghost and with fire, that winnowing fan that will purge His floor, burn up the wood, hay and stubble, drop that coal on your unclean lips as Isaiah, and scatter live coals upon thee as in Ezekiel, that sin be judged and cast out so that we might not be judged in our sins. Sin must be executed and put to death: Only then is Jesus glorified, when people see Him live through us, and the old you is no more because that old body of sin is crucified, and destroyed, and put to death. That's when Christs life is in us.

" I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)
Amen

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, I must most definitely and assuredly post this from Charles Wesley: one of his sermons I printed out earlier today and hadn't read till this afternoon. Point #2:6-10.
I had neither read these lines online, nor made any connection between my message posted yesterday and his sermons, yet you will see how an ancient sermon from 1742 doth fit so right in with this from 2024, as if God Himself desired the addition of these words.

From, Awake Thou That Sleepest, PREACHED ON SUNDAY APRIL 4, 1742, BEFORE THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, BY THE REV. CHARLES WESLEY, M.A. STUDENT OF CHRIST-CHURCH

"In what state is thy soul? Was God, while I am yet speaking, to require it of thee, art thou ready to meet death and judgement? Canst thou stand in his sight, who is of "purer eyes than to behold iniquity"? Art thou "meet to be partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light"? Hast thou "fought a good fight, and kept the faith"? Hast thou secured the one thing needful? Hast thou recovered the image of God, even righteousness and true holiness? Hast thou put off the old man, and put on the new? Art thou clothed upon with Christ?

7. Hast thou oil in thy lamp? grace in thy heart? Dost thou "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy mind and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength"? Is that mind in thee, which was also in Christ Jesus? Art thou a Christian indeed, that is, a new creature? Are old things passed away, and all things become new?

8. Art thou a "partaker of the divine nature"? Knowest thou not, that "Christ is in thee, except thou be reprobate"? Knowest thou, that God "dwelleth in thee, and thou in God, by his Spirit, which he hath given thee"? Knowest thou not that "thy body is a temple of the Holy Ghost, which thou hast of God"? Hast thou the witness in thyself? the earnest of thine inheritance? Hast thou "received the Holy Ghost"? Or dost thou start at the question, not knowing "whether there be any Holy Ghost"?

9. If it offends thee, be thou assured, that thou neither art a Christian, nor desirest to be one. Nay, thy very prayer is turned into sin; and thou hast solemnly mocked God this very day, by praying for the inspiration of his Holy Spirit, when thou didst not believe there was any such thing to be received.

10. Yet, on the authority of God's Word, and our own Church, I must repeat the question, "Hast thou received the Holy Ghost?" If thou hast not, thou art not yet a Christian. For a Christian is a man that is "anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power." Thou art not yet made a partaker of pure religion and undefiled. Dost thou know what religion is? --that it is a participation of the divine nature; the life of God in the soul of man; Christ formed in the heart; "Christ in thee, the hope of glory;" happiness and holiness; heaven begun upon earth; "a kingdom of God within thee; not meat and drink," no outward thing; "but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost;" an everlasting kingdom brought into thy soul; a "peace of God that passeth all understanding;" a "joy unspeakable, and full of glory"?"

Upvote 0