• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

hypoglycemia

Status
Not open for further replies.

javan

Aug 22, 2005
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
please explain diabetes to me. i go to websites and books and still don't really understand what happens to you all. i have a blood sugar problem that is labeled borderline hypoglycemia. my blood sugar is always low and many times goes under normal. i know some of the things that cause this but i can't understand the whole process for diabetics.

my nurses and doctors tell me if i don't take care of my blood sugar now i may end up with diabetes.:eek:

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Our minds constantly monitor all of our bodily functions, blood sugar level being one.
We need a certain availability of sugar as that is what our mucles 'eat'.

Sometimes our minds mistakenly allow too much or too little sugar to be available.

Too little and your muscles starve.
Too much and our bodily organs don't know how to handle it.
Sometimes other organs, like kidneys, try in vain to filter out the sugar.

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
javan said:
please explain diabetes to me.
Howdy Javan. That's quite a request as there are multiple forms and stages of diabetes. Without knowing a bit more detail I fear I'd just overwhelm you with information mostly unrelated to your own particular situation.

javan said:
my nurses and doctors tell me if i don't take care of my blood sugar now i may end up with diabetes.:eek:
Hmm... that's curious. Although I'm obviously no doctor, I have not heard of hypoglycemia frequently being a precursor to diabetes. Most often it's the other way around, hyperglycemia leads to diabetes (or is a symptom of) and excess insulin intake (by patient injection) will lead to accidental hypoglycemia. Would you mind sharing a bit more about what your problem and its history are?

Hopefully Rut's websites helped out some.

Upvote 0

javan

Aug 22, 2005
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
thank you guys. i still have to get more tests done for all this. so far all the doctors, nurses, and i know is that my blood sugar is constantly low. i did some reading that says a hormone imbalance can cause hypoglycemia, and various other things (like diabetes).

i just got curious and kept finding very uninforming websites about diabetes. i will try the ones you suggested.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.