St. Louis, MO.
✟377,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I used to believe in an old earth. I dont now.

As a 6 year old, I believed Bible stories. As a 12 year old, I began to realize they were fairy tales. Now 50+ years later, and I’m more convinced of this than ever.

Though I agree with one thing Paul wrote: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But when I became a man, I put away childish things. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟131,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Simple explanation.

In 1992, around 40 Bolton Evening News readers rang in with their recollections following an appeal by museum bosses for information.

But no evidence of the dinosaur having existed emerged from their appeal.

theboltonnews.co.uk

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟236,041.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
We never find human bones with dino bones though. All other animals yes. But never dino bones!

Unless of course you go on youtube!

Geologists don't find human bones with the bones of labyrinthodonts, synapsids (e.g. Dimetrodon), pterosaurs, ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, multituberculates, Hippotherium or even Dryopithecus.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟131,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Geologists don't find human bones with the bones of labyrinthodonts, synapsids (e.g. Dimetrodon), pterosaurs, ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, multituberculates, Hippotherium or even Dryopithecus.

This is probably wrong.

Michael Cremo has evidence…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟279,600.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This is probably wrong.

Michael Cremo has evidence…

Nah, he has amateur paleontology from 18th and early 19th century with near zero documentation about the particulars of each find, and selective quoting/reporting of professional paleontology from the mid 1920s onwards.

Take his account of the Laetoli footprints. These are sets of about 70 hominin footprints found in 1976/1977 in an ash layer that dates to 3.66 million years and provide the earliest evidence of human bipedalism. According to Cremo, these are evidence Homo sapiens existed 3.6 million years ago.

There was indeed some initial speculation/argument in the scientific literature that the footprints were homo sapiens - it would have been a HUGE deal if they were. Cremo provides lots of sources from the early to mid 1980s to back this up, even some quotes from the early 1990s.

Yet, he completely fails to report that from the late 1970s/early 1980s onwards, the strong majority opinion was that the tracks were made by Australopithecus afarensis or potentially an undiscovered early Homo species.

Worse still, he also fails to report the analyses done on the biomechanics of the gait and stride length in the late 1980s which ruled out modern Homo sapiens as having made the trackways. Unless whoever made them was doing some kind of weird bent at the knee duck walk and had undergone some mild toe mutilation, the tracks don't resemble what a modern human would have left behind.

He also omits the fact that Australopithecus afarensis fossils were discovered in the same area in the same 3.66 million year ash layer.

When you actually take time out to read the literature, Cremo's evidence deflates like an underdone souffle. But, when he wrote the book in the early 1990s, very few people had access to scientific journals, and fewer still had the means to cross check his sources.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0