Humans and Apes not closely related after all?

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
If you don't accept common descent, you have to be able to answer those questions, and many more like them, to have anything to contribute to the real conversation.

i dont accept common descent.

Yes, I know. As I said, designed to confuse those who don't know actual scientists.

so those scientists arent scientists?

It's easy to make the claim; now back it up. Go to the first paragraph in my post and start answering those questions.

such as?...

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
such as?...
Such as . . .
What are the creationist predictions for genetics? For example, what are the creationist predictions for what the transition-transversion rate should be when you compare humans and chimpanzees? Chimpanzees and bonobos? Different species of orangutan? What are the creationist predictions for correlation between interspecies divergence and within-species diversity? What are the creationist predictions for how diverged any two species should be at sites that are CpGs in either species?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Such as . . .
What are the creationist predictions for genetics? For example, what are the creationist predictions for what the transition-transversion rate should be when you compare humans and chimpanzees? Chimpanzees and bonobos? Different species of orangutan? What are the creationist predictions for correlation between interspecies divergence and within-species diversity? What are the creationist predictions for how diverged any two species should be at sites that are CpGs in either species?
i will continue here:

proving evolution as just a "theory"

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you would call it, but it was 40 billion something. Pieces, strands, segments, idk. People who read it can understand what I meant though. Don't have to be a scientist to understand fraudulence.

But you do have to understand the material well enough to know whether or not it is actually "fraudulence."

There are only 3 billion or so base pairs in the human genomes - '40 billion something'?

Not buying it.

Either you EXPLAIN what the 'fraudulence', or give it a rest.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I trust people when they say evolution is fraud.

Why?

Is it actually an admirable quality to accept something without question just because the claim props up your religious views, and to reject anything that does not?

This is not the 13th Century any more - we now have, like, books and stuff.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why?

Is it actually an admirable quality to accept something without question just because the claim props up your religious views, and to reject anything that does not?
No it isn't.
So why do you believe in evolution?
This is not the 13th Century any more - we now have, like, books and stuff.
It's difficult to find the truth between the non truths though.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No it isn't.
So why do you believe in evolution?
Are you asking about the theory, or the process the theory tries to explain it? Because it is very easy to observe that populations change over time and generations.

It's difficult to find the truth between the non truths though.
It's easier now than it has ever been before.

Reactions: Wakalix
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is going to a new remake of the movie "Planet of the Apes". This one is going to depict the presidency of Richard Nixon and is going to be called, "Planet of The Tapes."

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No it isn't.
Yes it is, at least for creationists, for it seems to be the only thing they go by.
So why do you believe in evolution?It's difficult to find the truth between the non truths though.
Not if you understand the material. I 'believe in' evolution because I am familiar with the evidence and engaged in original research on the subject as a graduate student and as a researcher. In fact, a couple of my papers are cited on this site:

Tree of Life Web Project

You?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wakalix
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
actually even if human and chimp were share about 99.99%, it will not change the fact that similarity doesnt prove a common descent. otherwise we will need to conclude that the similarity between two different cars is also evidence for a common descent.

So you think that descent is determined solely by "similarities", do you?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If evolution exists, then there can't be a God.

Firstly I would ask why? I mean this is a non-sequitur statement, imagine if I said, "If gravity exists, then there can't be a God." That's a silly thing to say isn't it? How would gravity mean there is no God? It's the same with what you've said, how does evolution mean there's no God?

Secondly I would ask why would you let your faith be this small? It's a very small faith that would lose faith in God if the universe He has made works a certain way. As far as this is a matter of faith, my advice is likewise of a religious nature: spend more time in prayer, learning about your faith, studying the Scriptures. Don't let yourself be the man who builds his house on sand.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0