West Coast of the US
✟7,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wow, that was so eloquently put. A woman I saw had a father (now in his 70s) that's been married/divorced 4 times. I was kind of shocked why even bother after marriage #2...she simply replied that was just hoping for the one, and he doesn't like being alone.

Not condoning one should marry/divorce multiple times, but it is a good example to your post.
Agreed, but why wait? In the olden days people and kids died off quite regularly.
Just give it a try and do not look back or bring along baggage. Treat each day as your last and hope for the best. Why not?
There is too much fake psycho crap today and too much navel gazing. I am surprised any of us actually get away from the two dimensions of the fake media world and actually live a bit in the real three dimensions actual world.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agreed, but why wait? In the olden days people and kids died off quite regularly.
Just give it a try and do not look back or bring along baggage. Treat each day as your last and hope for the best. Why not?
There is too much fake psycho crap today and too much navel gazing. I am surprised any of us actually get away from the two dimensions of the fake media world and actually live a bit in the real three dimensions actual world.

yeah, just check out the book, "Bowling Alone" and that's a great representation that talks about how disconnected a lot of us are.

Upvote 0

Unseen Real

Apr 12, 2018
West Coast of the US
✟7,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, we are all afraid of our own shadows. Just because some dweeb did a terrible thing, we all treat each other like lepers and never talk or communicate.
Cannot go into a room anymore and have a nice talk with a girl or conversely the woman cannot talk anymore with a man (assuming that they make it clear as to their marital status etc.)
It seems that unless you are of the ilk that likes drunken orgies, that you are in the verboten category. Out to 'get' something or have ulterior motives. The art of conversation has all but ceased and an uneasy truce is watched over by a social media presence. Pity.
Seems that people, even when out, are constantly on their devices and rarely even talk. No wonder that when a couple actually does talk, they find out they have so little in common that the relationship comes to a rocky end.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cannot go into a room anymore and have a nice talk with a girl or conversely the woman cannot talk anymore with a man (assuming that they make it clear as to their marital status etc.)

Right, we as single bachelor's cannot do the same thing our fathers did. My dad met my mom on the beach because he was simply parked next to her and her sister. He struck up a conversation with her and the rest was history.

If I did that today, I'd get a strange look or they'd get this, "Why is this total stranger talking to me?" vibe.

I recall during the Christmas holidays I was ordering a coffee at a bookstore cafe. The woman behind me placed her order, but we were both waiting...awkward silence...but when I tried to strike up a conversation with her...she was very short with me. There's this "stranger danger " thing going around.

The art of conversation has all but ceased and an uneasy truce is watched over by a social media presence.

Speaking of which...I actually met a woman and her sister at a real life event, and added them both on Facebook after the event to stay in touch. The older sister I actually knew from college. Her younger sister, we were talking a pretty good ways....until I mentioned that I saw her horse riding photos and asked about them.

She said she felt uncomfortable about me "creeping her timeline".

I was like "Um, how is that creepy? You put it up there?" the conversation went down hill in an argumentative fashion. I claimed she was being irrational, she said that she shouldn't have to feel bad about me faulting her for being wierded out about it. Said something like, "I'm not going to make you feel good about you wierding me out."

We cut ties ever since. I mean...you put yourself out there on the Internet, and have a problem with people noticing?

I came this close to asking her to take her tin foil hat off. lol

Upvote 0