How to respond to people

TAzucena11

Dec 6, 2011
✟15,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I had never heard of quiverfull before I heard about the Duggars. I am 23, and have always said that once I got married I would never be on birth control because I think God knows how many kids he will give us. I got married at 18, and tried to have a baby right after but couldn't until now. I have a healthy 6month old son. I am pentecostal and believe in many of the things people who practice being quiiverfull believe in, therefore I consider myself quiverfull. I don't want my kids in public schools either, but thank God my church has a school, where other pentecostals go. Anyways my question is, how do I respond to people when asked if I am on birth control? I mean even chruch people look at me wierd when I tell them I have left it up to God. They don't understand...but I don't know how to respond to that question.
Any advice??

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟975,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quiverful is a label, not an organized movement. Like you, many Christian couples have concluded that if God wants to make a new person (through us), who are we to oppose Him in that (whether we are successful or not)?

So many have come to this same conclusion at the same time, that (to the outside world) it appears to be orchestrated. Such simultaneity demands a label, for which the reference to Psalms 127 (vv. 4, 5) is perfect.

Upvote 0

TAzucena11

Dec 6, 2011
✟15,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I understand it's a label, but I fit into that "label" which not only the world doesn't understand, including some or most of my church members. When I was going through some rough times in my marriage, I was told by my pastor that I should be on birth control because it was not a blessing to bring a new life into an unstable marriage. In which I agree, but I agree that God knew the perfect timing to bring my child to this earth. And it took 4 years, but my pastor told me I was being irresponsible by not being on birth control. And to those people is whom I don't know how to respond to.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟975,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many of us have gotten the same treatment. I wish I could be more encouraging. One of the recurring dilemmas is that the more you defend your position, the more others think you are being holier-than-thou. It may be time to start hunting for a more compatible church home.

In one of the Vineyard churches we attended a number of years ago, the pastor there had personally taken the same stance. During one of the services (without him changing his stance), he told us prophetically that God wanted to give us more children...!? :bow:

Upvote 0