Mississauga
✟12,337.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Set up a study schedule, so do 25 minutes of non stop reading or studying of whatever you are supposed to be doing and take 5 minutes to rest, after your 5 minutes go straight back to the 25 minutes, repeat this 3 times and once you've done you third round of 25 minutes then your next break can be 15 minutes and then restart the cycle. hope this helps, I try to do this too cause I have a procrastination issue as well lool.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,239.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Set up a study schedule, so do 25 minutes of non stop reading or studying of whatever you are supposed to be doing and take 5 minutes to rest, after your 5 minutes go straight back to the 25 minutes, repeat this 3 times and once you've done you third round of 25 minutes then your next break can be 15 minutes and then restart the cycle. hope this helps, I try to do this too cause I have a procrastination issue as well lool.

This sort of "time management" really works!

Get a timer or find a timer app for your phone, and if you still can't focus for a full 25 minutes, then shorten that time to 15 minutes or even 10 minutes if you need to (though if you shorten the time, it's probably a good idea to also shorten the break. :) ) Once you are used to focusing for the shorter time, you can slowly increase the time.

Also, it helps to have a regular place and time set aside for study and make it a habit to be there at that place and time. Make sure the study area is clean and relatively free of distractions, and just like with bible study, start your study time with prayer.

Reactions: kufe
Upvote 0

Harita Parson

Sep 25, 2018
Kiev
✟15,221.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there! I have advice for you! One day it has helped me to cope with the same troubles. I started to keep a daily planner. Now I'm using Time & ToDo Planner. Maybe for you will be better to find some planner for students. There are a lot of reviews on the web. For example check here 5 Best Academic Planners For College Students
Good luck and wish you success in your studies!

Upvote 0

davidreyes

May 7, 2019
NASHVILLE
✟16,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Study in a space with minimal distractions
Use your best times for studying
Plan your schedule
Take breaks
Subdivide your large assignments into small steps
Use active learning strategies
Develop self-regulation strategies
Use rewards as an incentive

Take care of your body
more detail suggestions in the Tips for Improving Concentration

Reactions: Neal82
Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One has to learn to do the things they don't really feel like doing in order to be successful. If you don't like the subjects, it's really good practice for life in general to study like crazy. Learning to wallow around in stuff you hate makes it easy to do it with a good attitude in the real world.

Just my 0.02

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean, I want to finish my homework and study but I get distracted easily.
It's a skill we build through practice. If we want that skill, it takes practice and determination. Prayer helps too...
  • The first thing is to be able to recognize what is the highest priority item on your list of homework assignments.
  • The next thing is to be able to identify the next task required to complete that item.
  • Focus on finishing one "next task" after another until your highest priority item on your list is complete.
  • Learn how to juggle priorities.
  • Learn to avoid all time wasters and unimportant activities
It also helps to have a space and time that's conducive to study.

The same principles apply in business and career.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
When I seriously need to stop procrastinating I deactivate everything. You can ask for your account here to be banned too if you waste time here. I had my account closed for like a yr & a half. Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When I seriously need to stop procrastinating I deactivate everything. You can ask for your account here to be banned too if you waste time here. I had my account closed for like a yr & a half. Lol.
Thanks Cimorene.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I mean, I want to finish my homework and study but I get distracted easily.

I personally put myself on the schedule, and plan my work time. "at this certain time you HAVE TO this certain thing." Count 5 4 3 2 1 and get up and do it don't think or you'll procrastinate.

Reactions: Neal82
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟432,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a similar question on the issue of procrastination? How does one set up a study schedule? Also, how do they keep it?

Upvote 0