How to argue with solipsist? Slippery type denies, when it is profitable, own mind and solipsism!

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, I do not accept the premise as you lay out that the Bible was written by humans. God used their hands and minds, but HE spoke the Words.

My quoting of Scripture was in support of my premise that everyone has a place of knowledge inside of himself of God's existence.

One is either a Christian or not.. no going back. I do recognize that the term "Christian" has been highjacked by the world, with over 67% claiming to be Christian but denying Jesus is the Only Way of salvation= they are not really Christian. (One of the reasons I try to use "believer" instead.) If you truly used to believe, then why doubt now?

This sounds pretty much what I would have said to me if I was still a believer / Christian.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
God tells us that the gospel is offensive to those who refuse to believe.
How is that relevant to me. I don't find the gospel offensive. On the contrary, I find much to be valued in it. (You can find instances in this forum where I quote scripture.) What I found offensive was your mistaken belief that you know what I think and why I think it. You have compounded that offensiveness in your response.

Again, your argument is with Him, not me.
No, my "argument" is very definitely with you. You are the one who offended me, not God. I cannot argue with an entity I do not think exists. While my profile says, accurately, agnostic, I am atheistic in relation to the Christian God.

However, if you do find the quoting of Scripture offensive, why be at a Christian Forum?
As noted, I don't find it offensive. I am also bemused as to why you would think I do find it offensive. I said nothing about scripture and I deliberately excluded the scripture you included in your original post from my response - it wasn't relevant to my concerns.

Why am I on this forum? Partly for the same reason I talk and listen to stamp collectors, Japanese, research scientists, maids, joggers, vegetarians, Republicans and more besides: I want to explore alternate viewpoints.
Secondly, this is the Science section. I like discussing and exchanging ideas about science. Is that a problem for you?

If you truly want to find out IF God exists, just ask Him to reveal Himself to you... He will if you truly mean it.
I've already satisfied myself in regard to the existence of the Christian God.

To attribute my knowing of humankind's sinful nature as mindreading is done in error.
Of course I am a sinner. I don't know anyone who isn't. But can you just try to grasp this rather simple concept: telling me, as you did, that I secretly know God is real and only refuse to admit it because it would mean confessing to errors; doing that is rude, it is offensive, it is incorrect. I asked you to apologise for making such an egregious claim. You have chosen not to. Accept the consequences.

I do encourage you to find what you are truly looking for, as I do with all members here at CF.
A word of advice: telling people what they think and why they think it is not the way to encourage most thinking people. It doesn't matter how well intentioned you are, if you call someone a liar when they are not, they are not going to value much else you say.

Don't deny His existence; try thinking otherwise (what's the danger, they are only thoughts.)
Are you seriously telling me that thoughts are not dangerous? Are you seriously telling me the Sermon on the Mount (a vocalisation of thoughts) was not a danger to the established order? Are you seriously telling me that you are serious? !!

Think otherwise? There you go again. Massive assumptions as to what I have and have not done in the past. On the off-chance that "someone" out there, not the Christian God, is listening, I have given a quick prayer that she has a word with you and helps you see just how patronising and rude you have been in these couple of posts.

Now, since no apology is forthcoming. I wish you well, but I think I have been exposed to enough of your thinking. Thank you and goodbye.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Dear OP, I would say that this is as close as you can get to experience what it feels to argue with a solipsist. But I guess you wouldn't care, because it is a solipsist who shares your particular opinion.

No, I do not accept the premise as you lay out that the Bible was written by humans. God used their hands and minds, but HE spoke the Words.

My quoting of Scripture was in support of my premise that everyone has a place of knowledge inside of himself of God's existence.

One is either a Christian or not.. no going back. I do recognize that the term "Christian" has been highjacked by the world, with over 67% claiming to be Christian but denying Jesus is the Only Way of salvation= they are not really Christian. (One of the reasons I try to use "believer" instead.) If you truly used to believe, then why doubt now?
What others tell me doesn't count. Only my view counts. What others experience does not count. Only my experiences count. My views and experiences are not my own... they are divine! Directly from the source of all truth! Nothing else is true or real. Others are not real[ly Christians, ly existent]. When I ask questions at all, then it is not because I want to receive answers. I already have all the answers. I just use questions as a "polite" way to show my disagreement with others. But it is not as if I am scoffing at them... I am just asking questions, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Absolute solipsist can not even live in a bunk in a psychiatric hospital: he does not recognize the need to breathe. Therefore, atheists are looking like dishonest people (subconsciously), for them life is a game in which they watch what else can be solipsist-ed:
Даже в атеисте есть ещё очень много добра (Дмитрий Мартила) / Проза.ру
Look: the word "reality" is defined as "what comes from God." You do not have an alternative definition of reality "what everyone sees all the time", because there may be a constant mass hallucination, for example among the fascists: "Adolf Hitler, the holy German Fuhrer." So, denying God is denying the Reality, and this is already solipsism.

What is knowledge? This is any proven thing. Proved to God. So, God is Knowledge.
We calculate the probability of the All-Knowing Being. He - by definition - knows everything, so He knows about his own existence. Therefore, the probability of Him is 100%. "Absolute exists Absolutely."

The existence of God is the most important Dogma. A dogma is absolute true knowledge:
Thus, God is proved among theists. According to the theists, blasphemers did not refute any of the proofs of God. Theists can not lie by definition of theists (which is the "holy people", the Body of Christ), thus, liars are blasphemers of proofs. The denial of the existence of theists is an empty part of empty absolute solipsism. After all, nothing (emptiness, a nothingness of sin) is a false god of blasphemers.

Blasphemers said (and blasphemy against Truth is blasphemy against God, because God is Truth) that proofs are based on unproven premises (axioms). I do not agree, for the blasphemers have demonstrated logical fallacy called "wishful thinking".

Science has determined that miracles are real
Чудеса как Доказательство Православного Бога (Дмитрий Мартила) / Проза.ру
(blasphemers call them "the God of the gaps") in Reality: the Holy Fire, the Lanciano Mircale, the Turin Shroud, the wonders of the Sacred Icons.
Miracle of Lanciano - Wikipedia

"God of gaps" will remain forever in Physics. Because there is the Theology in top Universities: Science is not only Physics. Science is the Quest for Knowledge, and faith is faithfulness to Knowledge. Thus, the "gaps" in Physics are filled with information from Theology. So, there are no gaps in the Reality.

If you are a pantheist, a Satanist, an atheist, a pagan, etc., do you study your faith? I'll help you.
To call the True God as a "flying spaghetti monster", "pink dragon in my garage", "tree", "table", "nature", "space", "nothing", "satan" - a logical fallacy "names calling". God likes the names approved by God. "The fallacy of name calling" mixes two different things, for example: spaghetti = Jesus Christ.
Причина заблуждений - смешение понятий (Дмитрий Мартила) / Проза.ру

God is defined as "absolutely superior" (in all good). We are stronger than a tree, so we can not write "God = tree", otherwise it's "name calling".
There is much proofs of God. Let's start with the "5 Ways of Thomas Aquinas"
Thomas Aquinas - Wikipedia
in my modern retelling:

God is the First Cause (there are causes in the world), is the Lawmaker (there are laws), is the Reason (there is a reasonable system of concepts and definitions) and the First Engine (many things move).

The fuel of the stars (hydrogen) is burned without compensation, so there must be an immaterial beginning of the material world.
О выгорании топлива. Вселенная не идеальна! (Дмитрий Мартила) / Проза.ру
On the theory of the pulsating universe. Latter is not true, because the "Circle of Life" does not mean a circular time: the beginning of the universe is not its End. To fuel the circle of life, you need fuel.

According to Einstein, the falling body is in zero gravity, therefore in the General Theory of Relativity there is no gravity force. But at the moment when the body reached Earth, it experiences a push from the Earth. The very first push is from God, God is the First-pusher.

You can add a lot of other proofs.

1. Time machines exist in science, so God is necessary for solving their paradoxes: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00HOHWYRY
God and the mind can not be separated. So, there is no State and Religion separation in Heaven.

2. The work of E. Kant can be described as follows:
Free will is obvious (otherwise there can not be prisons), so there is God.

3. If a tourist finds a clock in the forest, then he is perfectly 100% sure that they originated from the creator with free will (by definition of a person). Thus, in our subconscious knowledge there is the Creator of Nature.

4. The DNA chain (and seeds of animals and plants) contain information (plan) on how to build an organism. There must be a source of information: God. God is the Informer (there is information). Refusal of information is only part of the refusals, made by an absolute solipsist. So atheists lie that there is no information in DNA.

5. Genetics has discovered that all of humanity is blood brothers and sisters: they share a common father and mother. Почему у нас в генах нет Митохондрии первой обезья (Дмитрий Мартила) / Проза.ру

6. The work of Anselm gives:
we can think of an infinitely influential being. If He does not exist in external reality, then He is not infinitely influential. Then, because of the law of non-contradiction, the being in our mind lives in external reality.

7. Millions and billions of believers were infinitely terribly tortured. The torturers demanded (and demand now, even in the scientific community) that theists must accept atheism: Ответы@Mail.Ru: А правда, что доброта более хрупка, чем зло? Доброта ранима как воздушный или мыльный шарик.
These billions of holy martyrs have kept faith. None of the atheists were so tortured to accept theism. Because everyone knows in their own subconscious: atheism is just a useless illness.
What kind of solipsist are you questioning?

I might be considered an agnostic solipsist; that is, the only thing that I know for sure are my own phenomenological experiences (akin to the most elementary, "fundamental particle" in the sense of physics) . "Everything else" can be seen as various combinations of those fundamental phenomena.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0