Kyiv region
✟58,249.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When the Russian-Ukrainian war broke out in Europe a year ago, it spread all over the world media. But now they forgot about it. I open the BBC and watch the main news.

A 16-year-old youth has been killed in the US. It's terrible of course.

And in Ukraine, dozens and hundreds of people are killed every day. Now, on average (according to the Ukrainian side), about 600-900 Russian and about 200-300 Ukrainian servicemen die per day. Except for the wounded. Not counting civilians, even children.

And no one writes about it anymore.

And at the beginning of the war, it was mostly professional soldiers who fought, but now the majority in the army are people who were forcibly pulled out of civilian life, dressed in uniform and given weapons. And they continue to die by the hundreds. And everyone got used to it so much that it even disappeared from the news ... Although the situation with the death of people continues to worsen ... If an evil deed is one-time, it shocks people. If evil deeds continue for a long time, then everyone gets used to them. Like it's the norm...

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,006,145.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
When the Russian-Ukrainian war broke out in Europe a year ago, it spread all over the world media. But now they forgot about it. I open the BBC and watch the main news.

And in Ukraine, dozens and hundreds of people are killed every day. Now, on average (according to the Ukrainian side), about 600-900 Russian and about 200-300 Ukrainian servicemen die per day. Except for the wounded. Not counting civilians, even children.

And at the beginning of the war, it was mostly professional soldiers who fought, but now the majority in the army are people who were forcibly pulled out of civilian life, dressed in uniform and given weapons. And they continue to die by the hundreds. And everyone got used to it so much that it even disappeared from the news ... Although the situation with the death of people continues to worsen ... If an evil deed is one-time, it shocks people. If evil deeds continue for a long time, then everyone gets used to them. Like it's the norm...

I live in Australia. The 24 hour ABC (Australia) TV news has something about Ukraine almost every day. It varies from reports/analyses of the war to mention of Zelensky's visits to other countries or other leaders visiting Ukraine. The struggles of ordinary Ukrainians coping with the aftermath of Russian bombing or Russian occupation or Russian atrocities are also a regular news topic. I frequently see articles about Putin mentioned in the context of the war but this is usually on Internet news summaries.

I'm surprised that, after a year of war, coverage of the situation in Ukraine is still a daily fixture in our news services.

OB

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,421,986.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

War is evil and I don't think anyone gets use to it. I see reports on it every day. It is sad that people want to oppress other people with war.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟342,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm in the US. My main sources of news are the PBS NewsHour and the New York Times. Both report regularly on the war in Ukraine, usually multiple times per week.

We haven't forgotten you.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,421,986.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm in the US. My main sources of news are the PBS NewsHour and the New York Times. Both report regularly on the war in Ukraine, usually multiple times per week.

We haven't forgotten you.
Amen, we have not forgotten this war of aggression.It is sad so many die for one man's lust for power.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟500,132.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I don't know what kind of news you are watching, but that war has been on the front page of my local newspaper and all the news sites I visit constantly since it started.

Anyway, this isn't the right forum for this kind of thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in Australia. The 24 hour ABC (Australia) TV news has something about Ukraine almost every day. It varies from reports/analyses of the war to mention of Zelensky's visits to other countries or other leaders visiting Ukraine. The struggles of ordinary Ukrainians coping with the aftermath of Russian bombing or Russian occupation or Russian atrocities are also a regular news topic. I frequently see articles about Putin mentioned in the context of the war but this is usually on Internet news summaries.

I'm surprised that, after a year of war, coverage of the situation in Ukraine is still a daily fixture in our news services.

OB
The media in the US are only interested in stories that make it appear that Ukraine is winning the war.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ну, если так, то хорошо. Но русские избрали тактику делать вид, что у них больше нет сил. А наши только в это поверят и пойдут в наступление, как только наткнутся на шквальный огонь и погибнут. Это уже было и русские хвастались этой военной хитростью.
Google translated:
Well, if so, then good. But the Russians have chosen the tactic of pretending that they no longer have the strength. And ours will only believe in this and go on the offensive as soon as they stumble upon heavy fire and die. This has already happened, and the Russians boasted of this military cunning.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,172,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s what you are being told.
Well, I was reading that Russia would win, from a lot of sources, though not 100% of all sources ( I do tend to read very widely, and sometimes it will end up being many dozens of sources).

So, when I wrote that Russia would lose, here at CF back in March of 2022, I had been mostly and repeatedly told Russia would win.

But that seemed clearly wrong to me back then, 13 months ago, so I wrote that Russia would lose.

I agree: pray that this war doesn't go on for 4 years, where atrocities would gradually add up/accumulate to such a level, which takes years of time to get to the level it took Germany many years to do.

Though, I think it will turn out that Ukraine is able to defeat Russia inside it's own territory.

Russia will be able to level cities, kill civilians, as they are now doing.
But that's not winning. That's losing.

In addition though to Russia losing morally, as they already have, I'm saying Russia will lose militarily also.

Even if they entirely destroy cities and kills hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Would you like to know why I thought that, or is it already clear in that quote?

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟58,249.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟58,249.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, this isn't the right forum for this kind of thread.

Luke 10:30-37 TPT​

Jesus replied, “There was once a Jewish man traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho when bandits robbed him along the way. They beat him severely, stripped him naked, and left him half dead. “Soon, a Jewish priest walking down the same road came upon the wounded man. Seeing him from a distance, the priest crossed to the other side of the road and walked right past him, not turning to help him one bit. “Later, a religious man, a Levite, came walking down the same road and likewise crossed to the other side to pass by the wounded man without stopping to help him. “Finally, another man, a Samaritan, came upon the bleeding man and was moved with tender compassion for him. He stooped down and gave him first aid, pouring olive oil on his wounds, disinfecting them with wine, and bandaging them to stop the bleeding. Lifting him up, he placed him on his own donkey and brought him to an inn. Then he took him from his donkey and carried him to a room for the night. The next morning he took his own money from his wallet and gave it to the innkeeper with these words: ‘Take care of him until I come back from my journey. If it costs more than this, I will repay you when I return.’ So, now, tell me, which one of the three men who saw the wounded man proved to be the true neighbor?” The religious scholar responded, “The one who demonstrated kindness and mercy.” Jesus said, “Go and do the same as he.”

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟58,249.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Google translated:
Well, if so, then good. But the Russians have chosen the tactic of pretending that they no longer have the strength. And ours will only believe in this and go on the offensive as soon as they stumble upon heavy fire and die. This has already happened, and the Russians boasted of this military cunning.​
I fixed it

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2011
✟45,537.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Yep, humans are a poor species for long term survival due to our own actions.

In general, I believe peoplle get used to evil deeds based on autborties actions. In Canada it is covert police apparatus which is dishonest, unaccountable and more in line wth the former East German system (I've spoken to well informed lawyers et a). In fact, we have officers charged with crimes who are not only NOT fired, they are often paid and employed for nearly andecade when TRYING to fire them.

These types of abuses of authority, lack of aaccountabiliyy are found elsewhereas well. When citizens see the abuses they become disillusioned with lack of change and even feel more justified in engaging in their own abuses. Furthermore the lack sympathy for humans who are harmed.

Upvote 0