Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've only been off the pill for a month and a half so right now it's just whenever. If we're not successful in about 6 mos. we may have to get more "scientific" about it. I'd heard you shouldn't do it every other day because doing it that often decreases the sperm count. I have no idea if that is really true.

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't know that about the sperm count. Interesting.

I do know about women having a peak time for conception. When I was TTC my 2 boys I was consumed by it. I don't want to be that stressed out about it this time so we're just hanging loose and seeing what happens.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I read somewhere that 80% of couples will conceive within a year of not using birth control if there are no fertility problems regardless of when they "do the baby dance". I do know that you increase your chances of conceiving if you know your cycle and "do the dance" when you ovulate.

It took us 11 mths to conceive this baby I am pg with now. And it was really after I let it all go and not worry about it that it happened, in fact as I recall, the month I conceived I had no idea when I was ovulating.

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think stress plays a major factor. If you are stressed out then chances are you won't get pregnant.

I agree with that. When we were trying to get pregnant with our first it took a year, but then I had a miscarriage. After another year we gave up and were looking into adoption when I got pregnant. Or 2nd took 6 mos., but I was in much better shape physically so I think that had something to do with it. A friend of mind thinks it takes less time after youe first because your body "figures out" how to be pregnant. I'm not totally sold on that theory.

It took us 11 mths to conceive this baby I am pg with now. And it was really after I let it all go and not worry about it that it happened, in fact as I recall, the month I conceived I had no idea when I was ovulating.

Is this your first?

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
CarrieAg93 said:
Is this your first?

No my second. I have a son (28/11/01) who is just adorable. First born was a surprise blessing (if you know what I mean) but wanted all the same.

So it was a surprise when it took 11 mths to conceive second time around, but you know what, God does work in his time not ours. The baby was conceived the week my husband started a full time permanent job after being unemployed for 9mths and trying to run a business that wasn't getting off the ground anytime soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums