Mar 10, 2006
minnesota usa
Visit site
✟15,519.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
This is my testamony, how did you come to know Christ?

I remember back when I first became a Christian. I was in a group home for abused and neglected children and it was run by a independent bible based church and the people that were in charge of it were born again Christians. I was angry and will full back then.

We had to go to church and at the time I hated it and resisted any attempt to turn me back to the Lord. One particular Sunday the pastors words seemed to bore into my soul. I did not want to listen so I put my hands over my hears. As hard as I tried the words he spoke seemed to become louder the harder I tried to shut them out. I left that church that day wondering about what he had said.

I had grown up in Lutheran churches and at my last church during confirmation I had asked the pastor there many questions about the bible and he could not answer them. Remembering that time I asked the house parents about Jesus Christ. I fired any type of question I could at him and he answered every single one. Finally I asked what I needed to do to be saved. He told me that I need to be sorry for all the things I had done wrong in my life and ask God to forgive me and then I needed to ask Jesus to come live into my life.

That night at bedtime I did just that. as soon as I had finished praying I felt as though a huge rock had been lifted off of my back. The next morning I went to tell them about what happened and the house father turned to me and said I already know you asked Jesus to come live with you. I said how do you know that? He said by my face I seemed to shine.

Reactions: JamiArch
Status
Not open for further replies.