Farmington
✟27,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
A big problem with today's evangelism is people are declared saved when there is no change, or if truly saved (for only God knoweth), the change is slow, and slight, and so miniscule. The scripture is clear the true elected believer will show fruit and bear fruit; they will be a new creature in Christ, they will deny themselves, they will put on the new man which is after righteousness, they will not sin, and they will love the brethren.

If not, their salvation may be in question, and God knows who are His. So many look for excuse to excuse their sin rather than renounce sin and cut off their sin, root it up, chop it off, separate from it, and be holy for the LORD is holy.

Do not avoid the hard scriptures that demand a godly walk and a conforming to Jesus. Beware lest ye be carried away with the error of the wicked. Turn to Christ with all they heart and surrender unto Him now, for today is the day to stop kicking against the pricks and to enter into the sheepfold.

What is sin? The Bible is very clear what sin is: Anything against God's law, including even the thought of it as Jesus magnified the law. Turning away of the poor (and I have seen Christians do this): lying and cussing (I posted a full message on this). There are so many Bible passages on this topic, yet it's largely ignored, and people lie and cuss all the time.

Drunkenness and drug abuse, which is sorcery: pharmakeus. Any sexual relationship outside of marriage between a man and woman, and that were born a man and woman. The Bible is clear on these things without negotiation or loopholes, as many try to find.

Fighting (striking hands) unless it's defending your family or your country. I don't even think professional fighting is becoming a true believer in Christ. Strife, railing, boasting, bride, theft, idolatry, which includes idolatry of things or persons that take up more of our attention than God.

A.W. Pink wrote the following in "Present Day Evangelism" in 1948:

"The “evangelism” of the day is not only superficial to the last degree, but it is radically defective. It is utterly lacking a foundation on which to base an appeal for sinners to come to Christ. There is not only a lamentable lack of proportion (the mercy of God being made far more prominent than His holiness, His love than His wrath), but there is a fatal omission of that which God has given for the purpose of imparting a knowledge of sin. There is not only a reprehensible introducing of “bright singing,” humorous witticisms and entertaining anecdotes, but there is a studied omission of dark background upon which alone the gospel can effectively shine forth.

But serious indeed as is the above indictment, it is only half of it—the negative side, that which is lacking. Worse still is that which is being retailed by the cheap-jack evangelists of the day. The positive content of their message is nothing but a throwing of dust in the eyes of the sinner. His soul is put to sleep by the devil’s opiate, ministered in a most unsuspecting form. Those who really receive the “message” which is now being given out from most of the “orthodox” pulpits and platforms today are being fatally deceived. It is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but unless God sovereignly intervenes by a miracle of grace, all who follow it will surely find that the ends thereof are the ways of death. Tens of thousands who confidently imagine that they are bound for heaven will get a terrible disillusionment when they awake in hell!"

Preach Christ and Him crucified, whose blood atones for our sins and purchases redemption; who lived without sin, and imparts righteousness to us, as well as imputes righteousness, that we may live holy lives and be conformed to Him. Preach hard and without compromise, and know that there is no such thing as an easy one time conversion without sacrifice, because Jesus told you to count the cost of being a disciple.

"But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." (Jude 20-25)

Amen.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think the best way to evangelize is to be an example of a true follower of Jesus Christ. You know those people who seem to have a glint in there eye, are polite, don't swear or talk trash, and are the first ones to volunteer to help someone or bring a lot of good food to a potluck? To me, that is the best way to evangelize rather than telling everyone you know "You can avoid hell by saying these words to God." Our best words are communicated through our actions. When I have come across these people who are helpful, patient, slow to anger and are just always first in line to help someone or offer them support. I would always think "There's something special about this person." What has often been the case is that those individuals basically say "it's how I show God's love to the world." Those people are really after Jesus' heart. The people who say "Believe in Christ but there's no need to actually BE a Christian" are fooling themselves and us IMO.

It's not that those good deeds save us in and of themselves but it is clear proof that one has had a change of heart and devotes their live to God, meaning they obey him.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I think the best way to evangelize is to be an example of a true follower of Jesus Christ. You know those people who seem to have a glint in there eye, are polite, don't swear or talk trash, and are the first ones to volunteer to help someone or bring a lot of good food to a potluck? To me, that is the best way to evangelize rather than telling everyone you know "You can avoid hell by saying these words to God." Our best words are communicated through our actions. When I have come across these people who are helpful, patient, slow to anger and are just always first in line to help someone or offer them support. I would always think "There's something special about this person." What has often been the case is that those individuals basically say "it's how I show God's love to the world." Those people are really after Jesus' heart. The people who say "Believe in Christ but there's no need to actually BE a Christian" are fooling themselves and us IMO.

It's not that those good deeds save us in and of themselves but it is clear proof that one has had a change of heart and devotes their live to God, meaning they obey him.

Yes, and that should be a given. All Christians are called to behave in such manner, and shouldn't have to be told so. This should come naturally. And yes, when people see that something different it bears more weight to an unbeliever, especially when they ask how to get what you got.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes, and that should be a given. All Christians are called to behave in such manner, and shouldn't have to be told so. This should come naturally. And yes, when people see that something different it bears more weight to an unbeliever, especially when they ask how to get what you got.
:oldthumbsup:

You understand reality and the use of the English language. Why is it so hard for the majority/.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes, and as they say in N/A, "you can't keep it unless you give it away."

Upvote 0