How do you know if you have commited the unpardonable sin.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟126,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I left the lord years ago and became an atheist, even blasphemed.

I'm trying to get back with the lord but can't repent from the heart anymore. My faith is no more, the bible and sermon no longer makes sense.

Have i commited the unpardonable sin? How do i know?

Most likely you have a mental block in your mind …. It has nothing to do with God.

God is unchanging …His arms always open…. like the parable of the “forgiving father" (aka prodigal son).

I know you didn’t commit the unforgivable sin (blasphemy the Holy Spirit) because → you are concerned if you may have.

Someone who commits the unforgivable sin knows exactly what they have done …and they have to do it willingly, with full knowledge of the results .. It is not something any person can do accidently, and it is not something that someone who has been born again can ever commit.

Kick the condemnation out of your head…. and get your head into the Word of God…..

Many of us have fallen short at times and God is always faithful with open arms to receive us back..

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟166,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm trying to get back with the lord but can't repent from the heart anymore. My faith is no more, the bible and sermon no longer makes sense.

This article may be of use.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟220,453.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I'm trying to get back with the lord but can't repent from the heart anymore.
Stop focusing on what you feel you can do from your heart and put your focus on what you're doing with your time. Start putting forth a prayer time, feeding your spirit time (which some call reading their Bible) and finding a good church where you can be strengthened by others who have been through the same thing you have been through. There are many, many, many prodigal sons and daughters of God who have been restored to fellowship with the Lord. And the Lord longs to have you back into fellowship too.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Jameszo

Dec 20, 2022
Akwa Ibom
✟23,963.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stop focusing on what you feel you can do from your heart and put your focus on what you're doing with your time. Start putting forth a prayer time, feeding your spirit time (which some call reading their Bible) and finding a good church where you can be strengthened by others who have been through the same thing you have been through. There are many, many, many prodigal sons and daughters of God who have been restored to fellowship with the Lord. And the Lord longs to have you back into fellowship too.
But you know there is an unpardonable sin right?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟220,453.00
Faith
Non-Denom

But you know there is an unpardonable sin right?
Yes but you said you want to be restored to God. And if you want to be restored to God on God's conditions that is believing in Jesus work on the cross that is something those Pharisees refused to do who he said that too. And even the ones he said this too didn't mean they were at the place they committed it either. A year or so later it even said many priests became obedient to the faith.

So if you're still going to go around the wagons keep saying how do I know, how do I know?? He said in his word he'd forgive you if you come. Just show God what you're willing to do with your time, in the things that I mentioned......prayer life, feeding your spirit with God's word each day (meaning reading your Bible) and seeking to do his will. Just focus on that instead of tormenting yourself .

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟220,453.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Might be right in some spots, and wrong in other spots.
In God's Word, it is written that God does not hear all prayers.
In the video, it says that those who committed the unpardonable sin don't pray.
In truth, they might desperately pray - but because of their unbelief they are already condemned (as written in Scripture).

Other things might be wrong too. I don't aim to listen to more to find out.
As for me if I was concerned I committed the unforgivable I know after listening to this I'd feel confidence and peace that I hadn't. If someone else maybe even in the future who are looking for an answer here to bring peace I'd encourage you to watch the video.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The unpardonable sin is rejecting His Holy Spirit until death. There is no salvation after death. Keep seeking and most importantly, " go back to your first love" Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin, Acts chapter 2:18 to document. God will use the election during antichrist 5 month period to carry out a specific task.

Satan as antichrist comes 6th trump. The election complete thier task during the fourth vial.

Study the bible.

Upvote 0

Jameszo

Dec 20, 2022
Akwa Ibom
✟23,963.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well on the other side how is every other sin pardonable then? Waiting for the Lord makes me SICK considering he has no problem revealing himself to murdurers and persecuters of the faith.
Jesus would forgive murderers and persecutors who don't know the lord. Its a different case for a someone who knew the lord but turned against him.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2peter 2
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
The unpardonable sin it rejecting the truth in Christ. Once a person who has come to the knowledge of the Lord through it being revealed to them through the Holy Spirit and count it an unholy thing call the Holy Spirit a liar.
And again
Hebrews 20
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
I will pray for you. Seek God!

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟11,548.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus would forgive murderers and persecutors who don't know the lord. Its a different case for a someone who knew the lord but turned against him.
Yes but define knowing the Lord it's not just a matter of believing as Christ said even the demons believe and tremble...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
You know because a person can not commit this sin. This was a sin that only the nation of Israel could have committed, which they did in Matthew 12.
Thank You, that is an interesting point of view. The audience in Mathew was the Israelis. I've always believed it was the rejection of Jesus for all. I'm going to search Paul's writing to the Gentiles if there's any mention of the unpardonable sin. I can't think of any at the moment. Peace

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank You, that is an interesting point of view. The audience in Mathew was the Israelis. I've always believed it was the rejection of Jesus for all. I'm going to search Paul's writing to the Gentiles if there's any mention of the unpardonable sin. I can't think of any at the moment. Peace

Actually it was not an individual sin but a national sin committed by Israel. Rejecting Jesus as The Messiah based on the miracles Jesus was doing. The nation of Israel's leaders stated the miracles Jesus was doing was done by the power of But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

• Informative
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟146,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Why do you feel that you can't repent from the heart? Are you saying that you are not sorry for the things you have done in the past?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟73,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No you have not committed the unpardonable sin! But you have been attacked the Satan. There was some confusion in your understanding of the gospel of Christ, and Satan took advantage of that by convincing you to turn away.

Matthew 12:31 KJV is to the Jews. Jesus had not died on the cross at that time to offer forgiveness for sins.

The fact that you are speaking about it and are concerned shows you have not lost your salvation. Plus a true Christians cannot loose their salvation. Whether you see it or not, your heartfelt expression of concern for what you did shows you have repented already.

Healthy guilt is from the Holy Spirit Who pricks our heart. Plus, the Bible tells us there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, Romans 8:1 KJV. Also, once we come to Christ, God does not let us go because God Has predestinated us, Ephesians 1:5 KJV, Romans 8:30 KJV, and is in control of each believer’s salvation path by working in us to His good pleasure, Philippians 2:13 KJV.

We might think we walked away, but the Holy Spirit guides us back.

Don’t worry whether you have repented or not. God permits repentance - and your turning around, confessing, and expressing concerned and worry shows a repentant heart.

It’s possible you will become a powerful servant for God, and Satan knows it, which is why you were attacked so drastically. We are told we wrestle not with flush and blood, and to put on the whole armor of God, Ephesians 6:12-13 KJV.

When you open your Bible and start to read, bow your head and pray and ask your guide to help you - trust your guide, the Holy Spirit.

God bless you! You are greatly blessed, that’s why you were attacked. Count it all joy when we fall in divers temptations, James 1:2-3 KJV

Upvote 0

Jameszo

Dec 20, 2022
Akwa Ibom
✟23,963.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you feel that you can't repent from the heart? Are you saying that you are not sorry for the things you have done in the past?
I do not have any sorrow or guilt for my sin of rejecting God. My mind says it isn't a big deal, but i know something's wrong.

I don't have sin conviction like i used to have when i first gave my life to christ.

I have no fear of hell neither am i worried about offending God. I believe there's a lot going on in the spirit realm that i don't understand.

Upvote 0