How do evolutionists explain strawberries?

tvroper

Jun 14, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Lutheran
Yeah, it seems like a pretty stupid title, but think about it:
Strawberries as you know them and can buy them in the shop do not naturally exist in the outside.
Which means that they could not have been created by god or am i wrong?

best regards and keep it civil please its my first post here

Edit: how can i change the thread title, I naturally meant creationists ^^

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟264,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Strawberries as you know them and can buy them in the shop do not naturally exist in the outside.

If this is your first post: then welcome in the madhouse.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟20,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
hahahaha...

first post is a thread starter and you get the title wrong and you jump into the Creationist vs evolution debate with strawberries?

Nice

I like strawberries alot, btw

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Nice to meet you, tvr.

As I understand it modern varieties of strawberry derive from wild varieties of strawberry which do indeed exist 'in the outside.'

Therefore, the wild strawberry could have been created ex nihilo by God.

As you rightly say, however, it wasn't. Not like that, anyway.

If the world had been created by God from the beginning, complete with all needful varieties, it is difficult to understand why he would also have allowed us to refine fruit such as strawberries to create better varieties. Why would God have built the potential for variation into a creationist creation? Why does his creation allow for the development of different breeds of dogs? Why different breeds of horses or even potatoes?

That one is never really explained.

Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not sure I understand the original question, but don't organisms adapt to suit to different environments? That would include local climate change over time, as well as spreading out geographically. I doubt that polar bears existed in their current phenotypes when the ark landed on Mount Ararat, but the specific traits that make them successful in polar environments are the ones that were selected for in the bear populations that made it up that way.

Even humans "evolve" as they spread out geographically. Skin shade alone is pretty predictable by latitude in populations that have been stable for 500 years or more. Melanin protects against sun damage but also interferes with vitamin D absorption. And don't the Sherpas and Andean highlanders both have unusual hemoglobin regulation (a benefit in the low-oxygen environments of the Himalayas/Andes)? The capacity to change is necessary for organisms to spread out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KhaosTheory

Oct 27, 2011
✟828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not sure I understand the original question, but don't organisms adapt to suit to different environments? That would include local climate change over time, as well as spreading out geographically. I doubt that polar bears existed in their current phenotypes when the ark landed on Mount Ararat, but the specific traits that make them successful in polar environments are the ones that were selected for in the bear populations that made it up that way.

So polar bears evolved from grizzlies in only 6000 years???
I think you might want to go do the math on that one...
Also, might not hurt to see what the fossil evidence actually says about how polar bears evolved.

Polar bears have been around for at least 150,000 years... much earlier than the supposed flood.

Polar Bears Evolved Just 150,000 Years Ago | LiveScience

I supposed it wouldn't also help to point out that there is no evidence of a global flood anywhere in the geologic column?

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/geologiccolumn.htm

Upvote 0

KhaosTheory

Oct 27, 2011
✟828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are at least 11 confirmed cases of grizzly/polar bear hybridization. That is amazing considering how their ranges rarely overlap.

In contrast, that 150K estimate is based on one piece of fossil evidence, from a study with few relevant comparisons.

my point exactly. We are to believe this happened in only a few thousand years?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KhaosTheory

Oct 27, 2011
✟828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Despite immense geographical separation (until recently) they still lack reproductive barriers. That makes a case for more recent divergence of species.

There's really no reason to think that... Both species were simply well adapted to their environments so they changed very little over that time period.

There are plenty of very, very old species that haven't changed much in millions of years. Look up "living fossils."

Heck, crocodiles even survived the K-T extinction.

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It isn't a fossil record, it is more accurately "mans interpretation". For an 'expert' to sit with a few bone fragments and several buckets of clay is not science, it's make believe. I've lost count now how many so called fossils have been proved wrong. We even had a dinosaur removed from the list because a bright spark couldn't find the skull, so he stuck one on it from a few miles away, totally different dinosaur. Why the heck can't a polar bear evolve as a variety in just 6000 years? what math is there to do? Look at the variation in dogs.
The only reason we are constantly told that so much time was involved, is to enable the theory of fantasy evolution to fit, and it still doesn't. If it was admitted these things happened in thousands of years rather than millions, then evolutionists would look even more silly than they currently do. We are told it takes millions of years for coal to form, amazing when there are artifacts such as iron pots which fall out of coal seams. Perhaps the polar bears made them.
As we become more knowledgeable with genetics, we will be making all kinds of changes believing we are better than God. Genetic corruption is something unpleasing to God, and this is one of the reasons for the flood. Angels and humans were not supposed to breed. As the bible states, as in the day of Noah, so it shall be in the last days.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It isn't a fossil record, it is more accurately "mans interpretation".

Says the person who thinks that a human's interpretation of stories written by humans is somehow infallible.

For an 'expert' to sit with a few bone fragments and several buckets of clay is not science, it's make believe. I've lost count now how many so called fossils have been proved wrong.
Which of these fossils has been proven wrong?

31417d1108795579-hominids4.jpg

[note= big thanks to USincognito for sourcing a better pic]
Denying facts does not make the go away.

If it was admitted these things happened in thousands of years rather than millions, then evolutionists would look even more silly than they currently do.
If creationists quit ignoring the evidence that these changes occurred over millions of years how silly would they look?

We are told it takes millions of years for coal to form, amazing when there are artifacts such as iron pots which fall out of coal seams.
Yes, it's amazing how coal can bury man made iron pots in a mine collapse. So how does this negate the evidence for millions of years of evolution?

As we become more knowledgeable with genetics, we will be making all kinds of changes believing we are better than God. Genetic corruption is something unpleasing to God, and this is one of the reasons for the flood. Angels and humans were not supposed to breed. As the bible states, as in the day of Noah, so it shall be in the last days.
The above paragraph is completely made up without one iota of fact. Why do creationists need to invent such fantasies? Why do they ignore facts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
nuttypiglet said:
It isn't a fossil record, it is more accurately "mans interpretation". For an 'expert' to sit with a few bone fragments and several buckets of clay is not science, it's make believe.

"real archaeology and paleontology scholarship is completely over my head, so it must be wrong! If I, I complete layman on the subject can't understand something at the level of thousands of PhDs in the field, it's a lie!"

Brilliant reasoning there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AECellini

Aug 2, 2012
✟15,493.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It isn't a fossil record, it is more accurately "mans interpretation". For an 'expert' to sit with a few bone fragments and several buckets of clay is not science, it's make believe. I've lost count now how many so called fossils have been proved wrong. We even had a dinosaur removed from the list because a bright spark couldn't find the skull, so he stuck one on it from a few miles away, totally different dinosaur. Why the heck can't a polar bear evolve as a variety in just 6000 years? what math is there to do? Look at the variation in dogs.
The only reason we are constantly told that so much time was involved, is to enable the theory of fantasy evolution to fit, and it still doesn't. If it was admitted these things happened in thousands of years rather than millions, then evolutionists would look even more silly than they currently do. We are told it takes millions of years for coal to form, amazing when there are artifacts such as iron pots which fall out of coal seams. Perhaps the polar bears made them.

you logic is so flawed that loudmouths rebuttal will do nothing for you.

Upvote 0