United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My understanding of Christian Fellowship as well as my experiences with the
Holy Spirit were cultivated in a church that was a strong believer in the cell
group meetings. I have also met with a few home churches. This is where
ministry happens. Greetings to all who love His Presence!

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother. Yes, 'house churches' can be closer to Bible-only, but sometimes it becomes just one Christian setting up his own religion to control things. Of course, when such a sound gathering grows, they often find a building to accommodate them (as the fellowship I am with does); and we remain in fellowship with others worldwide who are sound. I would check out such a gathering with the sound Bible-only source at Bible Truth Publishers, Addison, IL, which encourages holding to the Word of God (not legislating rules), rather than various innovations and preference Christians might have. They usually recognize sound Bible-only gatherings.

The thought in Bible-only is for a universal fellowship as God intends ---note 1 Cor. 12:25; and "Unity of the faith" (Eph. 4:3 and 15; etc.). There surely will not be denominated sects in Heaven ---would you say? Well, press on in faith, brother. Write me anytime! -1watchman

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟431,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings to all who love His coming. Small churches are good even with a building. I like the home churches in China where so many meet. How many Christians in China now? There must be over 125,000,000 by now. Haven’t heard any figures. Here it seems that house churches are only a stepping stone with few members. Then as they grow they get a bigger building. I’ve been to bible studies and prayer meetings in homes, but never a church. They are more secretive.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Small church groups might seem better than large congregations, but size is less important than Scriptural truth ---would you say? What you speak of in China as small churches no doubt are still with various sectarian holdings in each. Only when small house church gatherings are of one mind and in fellowship with others of the same mind and true to Scripture, we will see "unity of the faith" worldwide as God tells us ---providing it is truly Bible-only.

Bible-only is the source of truth, and such a fellowship worldwide is already in existence with numerous gatherings ---non-denominated. If all gatherings are found in fellowship with Holy Scripture we will all be blessed. I see that fellowship expressed at the site: biblecounsel.net and find it very helpful for "one accord" as God enjoins us. Certainly all true "born again" saints will be together in Heaven, and we surely need that now, I have come to see. Man seems to enjoy setting forth their particular religious ideas, so we need to be careful ---would you say?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟431,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will never see that kind of unity in the church- only in Jesus. The house churches in China are hiding from the sectarian government because they are ‘not a lawful assembly’. Yes all the churches have different understanding but the same Lord, baptism, the same spirit.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we can be thankful for ALL "born again" saints; and let us pray for those who are persecuted for their faith in the Lord Jesus!. As to Church truth, let us be in accord with that calling for the testimony as shown by God. There is truth of Redemption Way, Church Truth, and Spiritual Life to understand and appreciate ---would you say? Many dear souls worldwide do not understand Church truth; and sadly many saints in this country reject it for their innovations and rituals ---which dishonors God. If it is done knowingly one will "suffer loss" at the Judgment Seat of Christ in Heaven.

God says to keep "all the counsel of God" and be "rightly dividing the Word of Truth". You can write me personally at Conversation site if you wish to chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟431,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just about given up on thinking the church will ever be more united but it is ok. Some from every religion and group of Christians will go. It all depends on how you live and believe. But I think the die is cast. A few are coming to Christ and we are patiently enduring and groaning for the end. Yes some are deceived and pretty much set in their ways, hanging on stubbornly to their truth. But only God, Jesus can judge between them, looking at the heart. I think we will be surprised in Christ for what He does. We have men’s understanding, but God..... and His love are unfathomable, but his judgements are unfathomable.

He has such a strict standard and He has such strong mercy even now. I sometimes see Him counting points, ha, but nah I don’t think so.

Upvote 0