How America can have the best fascist government the world has ever seen!

B

BrownCoat

Those that invest capital can gain more from if the performance of their investment is good. Most labourers at a fixed rate of return cannot gain from the performance of their investment.

Is a laborer truly working for an investment or merely to obtain capital, because except for government regulation, to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing preventing a laborer from taking the capital that he or she exchanged his or her labor for and then giving that capital or a portion thereof, to someone who is skilled at investing capital to invest and allowing it to accumulate more capital. As a matter of fact, that happens on a small scale with anyone that has a bank account. At essentially, zero labor cost, a person can deposit money in the bank. Then that person can allow that money that is in the bank to accumulate more capital, because the bank is renting the money.

There are risk involved with both.

Truth. There is risk involved simply as a consequence of existence, however.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
BrownCoat said:
Is a laborer truly working for an investment or merely to obtain capital, because except for government regulation, to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing preventing a laborer from taking the capital that he or she exchanged his or her labor for and then giving that capital or a portion thereof, to someone who is skilled at investing capital to invest and allowing it to accumulate more capital. As a matter of fact, that happens on a small scale with anyone that has a bank account. At essentially, zero labor cost, a person can deposit money in the bank. Then that person can allow that money that is in the bank to accumulate more capital, because the bank is renting the money.

This really depends on whether you are in a buyer or seller labour market. The "owner" will always try to pay the lowest amount to maximise return. This could have conquences on possible investments by the labourer.

The "owner" will always have more capital to invest and will generally increase their wealth at a higher rate than those that work for them.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
BrownCoat said:
What is an "adequate return"? And who defines what an adequate return for one's labor is?
The marketplace determines wages, though with globalization, wage earners will increasingly have to compete with outsourcing of both skilled and unskilled labor.

ain, investing capital could be considered a form of labor. It is a skill, and it takes time and effort to learn that skill.
The act of investing is certainly labor, but an investor can hire that labor as well. Passing wealth to beneficiaries requires only the services of an attorney, and such a beneficiary can live an entire lifetime without ever producing anything.
Investing capital also carries greater risk than selling ones labor.
Yes, and this is one of the factors which provides return.

Upvote 0
B

BrownCoat

The act of investing is certainly labor, but an investor can hire that labor as well. Passing wealth to beneficiaries requires only the services of an attorney, and such a beneficiary can live an entire lifetime without ever producing anything.

Well, someone still had to produce it. Isn't the person that produced the money entitled to do whatever he or she wishes with that money as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of anyone else?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
BrownCoat said:
Well, someone still had to produce it. Isn't the person that produced the money entitled to do whatever he or she wishes with that money as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of anyone else?
Sure they have that right. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m merely pointing out that capital is (can be) self-perpetuating. The person controlling the capital need not lift a finger. Very few people choose to live non-productive lives of luxury, so the point is really moot, but the theory still holds true.

Upvote 0
B

BrownCoat

nvxplorer said:
Sure they have that right. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m merely pointing out that capital is (can be) self-perpetuating. The person controlling the capital need not lift a finger. Very few people choose to live non-productive lives of luxury, so the point is really moot, but the theory still holds true.

I've tried being unproductive. I've found it to be rather depressing.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
BrownCoat said:
I've tried being unproductive. I've found it to be rather depressing.
Yes, this is the human condition. Paris Hilton need never work a day in her life (and it’s debatable whether she’s actually being productive ;) ), but she chooses to work anyway. There’s only so much fishing and sightseeing one can do before becoming bored.

Upvote 0