✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, absolutely!
At the Russian skete we sometimes attend, they have a large container of Holy water at the back of the church, and everyone is encouraged to bring a bottle to take some home.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟34,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, absolutely!
At the Russian skete we sometimes attend, they have a large container of Holy water at the back of the church, and everyone is encouraged to bring a bottle to take some home.
Thank you so much! I didn’t know if it was allowed before Chrismation and figured I’d check here before asking my priest.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,308,020.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Melily

My bottle is a 500 ml bottle of the variety used for drinking water [ commercially produced ] and it lives in my fridge.

This year as we could not attend Church , my priest got hold of a supply of these bottles and filled them and did doorstep deliveries. It was a little strange getting a ring of the doorbell , finding a bottle on your doorstep and a cassock clad priest waving to you from the gate :)

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟34,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Melily

My bottle is a 500 ml bottle of the variety used for drinking water [ commercially produced ] and it lives in my fridge.

This year as we could not attend Church , my priest got hold of a supply of these bottles and filled them and did doorstep deliveries. It was a little strange getting a ring of the doorbell , finding a bottle on your doorstep and a cassock clad priest waving to you from the gate :)
That’s wonderful! Thank you for replying.

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟34,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yes you are.
Thanks! I will ask my priest this weekend. I’m hoping it will help me. I’ve been having recurring respiratory infections since I worked the front lines of the first covid wave early last year. We had a mask shortage so we had to wear the same mask for 2 weeks before we could get a new one. They are only approved for 2 hours of use and we were wearing the same one for 80+ hours. It was during that time that I learned about Orthodox Christianity and the Jesus Prayer which has been life changing. I’m really longing for my chrismation but until that time perhaps Holy Water along with daily prayers, scripture reading and attending services will help my spiritual sickness and physical strengthening.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,480,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I will ask my priest this weekend. I’m hoping it will help me. I’ve been having recurring respiratory infections since I worked the front lines of the first covid wave early last year. We had a mask shortage so we had to wear the same mask for 2 weeks before we could get a new one. They are only approved for 2 hours of use and we were wearing the same one for 80+ hours. It was during that time that I learned about Orthodox Christianity and the Jesus Prayer which has been life changing. I’m really longing for my chrismation but until that time perhaps Holy Water along with daily prayers, scripture reading and attending services will help my spiritual sickness and physical strengthening.

you can also take the blessed bread home as well, and eat it through the week with Father's blessing.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1612164674074blob.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟34,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
you can also take the blessed bread home as well, and eat it through the week with Father's blessing.
I talked with my priest about this but we decided it probably wouldn’t be advised since I have celiac. :(

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0