• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hoarding

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always been into collecting things. But it's always been one type of collection at a time. When I get disinterested in collecting whatever, I sell the collection. So I've never really been a horder.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I've always been into collecting things. But it's always been one type of collection at a time. When I get disinterested in collecting whatever, I sell the collection. So I've never really been a horder.
I have a problem getting rid of anything.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Take some advice from me, STOP. I have a house overflowing with stuff I have no way to get rid of. It is overwhelming. I am convinced it is God's justice for my being materialistic. It's also something I continue to do when I am upset.

Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would get rid of all of it if I could. You will reach a point where you will feel the same way. But it will be too late.
That's a scary thought!

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not on the spectrum, and I'm the opposite. I throw stuff away if I haven't used it in a while. I hate clutter and can't stand to see things taking up space for no reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I hate clutter and I hate getting rid of things! Very strange indeed
I was thinking about you today and wondering if you get extremely excited about buying those lots they sell like storage units or auction boxes..MAN!!!!! I WISH:)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was thinking about you today and wondering if you get extremely excited about buying those lots they sell like storage units or auction boxes..MAN!!!!! I WISH:)
YES! I would love to have more storage! especially since I live in a semi-small house! :D

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
YES! I would love to have more storage! especially since I live in a semi-small house! :D
I mean you can buy the contents of storage units. Oh man I get so excited. I've done that a few times.. I don't want anymore space I would just t fill it up, lol

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I mean you can buy the contents of storage units. Oh man I get so excited. I've done that a few times.. I don't want anymore space I would just t fill it up, lol
so tempting...

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. I was curious if anyone on the spectrum had an issue with hoarding. That's all.

Do you ever watch the show Hoarders? I tried watching it a few times but just couldn't. Looking at those houses made my skin crawl and caused me anxiety. I had to turn it off. Those poor people. :prayer:

Upvote 0