Mia Raye

Dec 13, 2015
Missouri
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Last night I was speaking with a man on an online support group. The subject of religion came up and he told me he was Hindu. Not being well informed on the religion I asked about the gods he worshipped. He sent me a long list of names and one instantly caught my eye- JESUS CHRIST. I'm intrigued and struggling to understand this. Anyone up for a discussion?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Some people hold that there are many paths to get to the top of a mountain, so they see all religions as having truth in them. I think Islam is a false religion, but I do not think every last thing in the Quran is false, so in a sense I agree that most religions have some truth in them, but Jesus also taught that no one comes to the Father but through him. It seems inconsistent to me to worship Jesus while at the same time considering him to have been lying or mistaken.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like syncretism (the combining of different, often contradictory beliefs, while blending practices of various schools of thought). If somebody accepts Jesus as God, then they should probably listen to what he said and the fact that there is only one God. The only way to reconcile this is to say that Jesus was lying, and in this case why would you follow a lying God, or you must say the name is simply the same but it is a completely different God and in this case there would be no discussion.

Upvote 0

Mia Raye

Dec 13, 2015
Missouri
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Some people hold that there are many paths to get to the top of a mountain, so they see all religions as having truth in them. I think Islam is a false religion, but I do not think every last thing in the Quran is false, so in a sense I agree that most religions have some truth in them, but Jesus also taught that no one comes to the Father but through him. It seems inconsistent to me to worship Jesus while at the same time considering him to have been lying or mistaken.
We seem to have many of the same views. I think that most religions do have truth in them. It actually makes sense if you think about it. Teachings of God and creation were spread by word of mouth for a very long time. Even when there was writings, most people couldn't even read. So of course we hear similar stories told in all religions and find similar teachings. The truth became warped over time. Jesus was sent to show us the light and bring us the truth.
When it comes to Islam, I don't understand how people do not see the HUGE inconsistency.... They teach that the Christian Bible is the truth. Yet, they don't accept Jesus for who he says he is. They see him as nothing more than a prophet. It is completely against biblical teachings.
I don't really know much about Hindu. I was shocked when I heard that they worshipped Jesus. I don't know what they teach about him, but I'm struggling to understand how they can worship Jesus. Jesus clearly tell us that he is the ONLY way to God and that there is only ONE God. I'm not wanting to bash other religions or start an argument, but it makes no sense to me. All I see are contradictions.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Mia Raye

Dec 13, 2015
Missouri
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Sounds like syncretism (the combining of different, often contradictory beliefs, while blending practices of various schools of thought). If somebody accepts Jesus as God, then they should probably listen to what he said and the fact that there is only one God. The only way to reconcile this is to say that Jesus was lying, and in this case why would you follow a lying God, or you must say the name is simply the same but it is a completely different God and in this case there would be no discussion.
my thoughts as well. i actually entered a hindu chat room to ask about their belief and worship of jesus. their answers seemed to go in circles and no one really said the same exact thing. The most interesting response was "i believe in jesus but not his teachings other than the one about loving every man."

Upvote 0