• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hi there, I'm dealing with internal bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hi there, I'm dealing with internal bleeding in the upper and lower digestive tracts. I've had to watch blood come from out of my body about 10,000+ times (no exageration) that I had to dispose of, over a period of fifteen years. I lost half my blood supply from this, so I have to rest alot.

Blessings

Vince

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
VinceBlaze said:
What do you mean by worked up? I was diagnosed with Chrohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

I'm sorry, have you had an "exhaustive evaluation"? It sounds like you have and you under heavy management of this illness. Do you have access to an ER if things become acute? Is the blood dark or bright red?

Upvote 0

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Protinus said:
I'm sorry, have you had an "exhaustive evaluation"? It sounds like you have and you under heavy management of this illness. Do you have access to an ER if things become acute? Is the blood dark or bright red?
I was exhaustively evaluated many years ago, but I don't currently keep doctors for it. I went through about twenty doctors for ten years, but all they wanted to do was cut out my digestive tract, but I told them no. The blood has finally gotten lighter and is intermittant about 50% of the time that I go to the washroom about ten times a day.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
VinceBlaze said:
I was exhaustively evaluated many years ago, but I don't currently keep doctors for it. I went through about twenty doctors for ten years, but all they wanted to do was cut out my digestive tract, but I told them no. The blood has finally gotten lighter and is intermittant about 50% of the time that I go to the washroom about ten times a day.

is the blood dark or bright red, or something in-between??

Upvote 0

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Protinus said:
is the blood dark or bright red, or something in-between??
It fluctuates, but it's only bright red about once or twice a week, likely due to temporal anti-inflammation. The wounds often semi-heal in the inflamed state, so when anti-inflammation subsequently occurs, the wounds reopen temporarily. Most of the bleeding is of a slow trickling nature though.

Upvote 0

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Protinus said:
So...you are under someone's care for this right?? I am thinking of issues like sepsis, anemia and a whole host of secondary complications. You really need close monitoring for this.
I've had close monitoring by about twenty doctors in the past, but they weren't actually improving my health outside of megadosages of steroids that they prescribed. My hemoglobin levels have dropped to 7.3 before but I've commonly raised it up again. If I'm going to attend doctor visits, I require practical results, and I haven't recieved it.

What is sepsis?

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
VinceBlaze said:
What is sepsis?

Infection in the blood, in this case caused by poisons from the bowel contents. I'd be really concerned with a Hb level like that. You'll really need to be followed closely Vince.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Protinus said:
Infection in the blood, in this case caused by poisons from the bowel contents. I'd be really concerned with a Hb level like that. You'll really need to be followed closely Vince.
I routinely get standard blood tests once every three to six months. Is that adequate?

Upvote 0

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You may want to do a search on Andrew Cutler. he believes Crohn's is caused by heavy metal toxicity. John E Sarno believes that Ulcers are caused my the mindbody. That's all I have. Hopefully you will become well. Remember the lady that blled for 15 years, Jesus restored her, after she spent all she had on doctors.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
VinceBlaze said:
I routinely get standard blood tests once every three to six months. Is that adequate?

Vince: I really think you need a physical as soon as you can make the appointment. You need a full blood panel as well as blood cultures but I am not a physician. I do know that with that with the volume loss and propensity that you have for low Hb, this needs to be checked out immediately.

Upvote 0

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
2scoops said:
You may want to do a search on Andrew Cutler. he believes Crohn's is caused by heavy metal toxicity. John E Sarno believes that Ulcers are caused my the mindbody. That's all I have. Hopefully you will become well. Remember the lady that blled for 15 years, Jesus restored her, after she spent all she had on doctors.
Thanks for the references. My ulcers are partly psychosomatic, although I'm only vaguely familiar with metal toxicity. I've had about 30 or 40 partial remissions over the last 15 years, so I seem to be getting progressively better, despite frequent relapses. Currently, I'm on a 75% liquid diet which seems to be helping in the absence of steroids.

Upvote 0

VinceBlaze

Jun 18, 2006
Chicago
✟17,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Protinus said:
Vince: I really think you need a physical as soon as you can make the appointment. You need a full blood panel as well as blood cultures but I am not a physician. I do know that with that with the volume loss and propensity that you have for low Hb, this needs to be checked out immediately.
I can schedule for another blood test. I've had this illness so long that I've developed less fear concerning anemia. I'm acutely aware of my pain and energy levels, so I just travel to the emergency room when I need to. They once wanted to do a blood transfusion on me in the emergency room due to anemia, but I had preferred to heal naturally, so I just went home and did that instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.