BHSWRH

Aug 19, 2013
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, all!

I am posting for the first time and the reason I'm doing so here is that I consider myself a believer who believes in the gifts of the Spirit and that they are for today. I believe in speaking in tongues, words of knowledge, praying for the sick. But, I also subscribe (to an extent) to Word of Faith theology.

Another reason I’m writing in this particular forum is that while I consider myself a charismatic Christian, I’m a “lite” charismatic Christian. I don’t speak in tongues (although I have done it in the past), I have prayed for the sick many times (and witnessed a few minor healings – not like cancer healed, but much less serious ailments healed). And as I said, I’m not a full-blown charismatic, and neither am I completely an adherent of WoF.

I’m also cessationist by background, have spent time in the Baptist church (and I’m very thankful, because it was the Baptist church that taught me the importance of Scripture – I very much like to quote Bible verses in Bible studies/small group settings at my current church, which is a “lite” charismatic church).

So, I thought I’d say hello to all of you!

I like to read Christian books. Authors whose books I’ve read or am reading include: Heidi Baker, John G. Lake, F. F. Bosworth, Bill Johnson, Randy Clark, Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, and Tim Keller.

God bless you all and may you all experience Ephesians 3:20 – that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above and beyond all we can ask or imagine according to the power that works in us.

Child of JC

Created to Love, and be Loved
Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BHSWRH said:
Hello, all!

I am posting for the first time and the reason I'm doing so here is that I consider myself a believer who believes in the gifts of the Spirit and that they are for today. I believe in speaking in tongues, words of knowledge, praying for the sick. But, I also subscribe (to an extent) to Word of Faith theology.

Another reason I’m writing in this particular forum is that while I consider myself a charismatic Christian, I’m a “lite” charismatic Christian. I don’t speak in tongues (although I have done it in the past), I have prayed for the sick many times (and witnessed a few minor healings – not like cancer healed, but much less serious ailments healed). And as I said, I’m not a full-blown charismatic, and neither am I completely an adherent of WoF.

I’m also cessationist by background, have spent time in the Baptist church (and I’m very thankful, because it was the Baptist church that taught me the importance of Scripture – I very much like to quote Bible verses in Bible studies/small group settings at my current church, which is a “lite” charismatic church).

So, I thought I’d say hello to all of you!

I like to read Christian books. Authors whose books I’ve read or am reading include: Heidi Baker, John G. Lake, F. F. Bosworth, Bill Johnson, Randy Clark, Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, and Tim Keller.

God bless you all and may you all experience Ephesians 3:20 – that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above and beyond all we can ask or imagine according to the power that works in us.

Welcome to CF!!

Upvote 0