WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
During the late 1960s, I was a young adult in college in San Jose, California. I converted to Catholicism but later fell away from the Church due to some disagreement I've long since forgotten.

Thirty years later, I seemed to have hit a spiritual bottom and could no longer face life as it'd been to that point. I found some on-line Catholic websites, printed out some prayers and began using them. They helped.

Then, I found a website about the rosary. I had a rosary I'd been given at my confirmation that I'd never used, so I began to pray the rosary. It helped me tremendously, and continues to do so, but only after began to pray it daily. Our Blessed Mother led me, through the rosary, back to her son and to the Church. I attended my first Mass in 30 years in late 1998 at Sacred Heart in Lancaster, California, after completing my first confession in 30 years. I remember that the Gospel reading that day was about the Prodigal Son who came home. I was the prodigal daughter who had come home.

Today, the rosary is the most important prayer in my life, and Father Peyton's rosary Prayer book has helped me learn how to contemplate the mysteries while Praying the rosary. I begin my days with the rosary. It works better for me at the start of my day. My days go better that way.

The rosary helps me in ways I cannot describe.

(Excerpted from "101 inspirational stories of the Rosary")