Here’s how dads are vital to their children’s well-being — before those children exist

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Healthy, engaged fathers can literally change their kids' futures.

I’m not going to lie, by my fifth pregnancy I was super sick of hearing about all the things that might potentially destroy my baby’s life in the future. From eating lunchmeat to allowing myself to feel stress — even just for a minute! — it began to seem like every aspect of living life carried hidden dangers for the child I was carrying. In fact, I’m 100 percent sure that the endless lists of what to avoid caused more stress than anything … ironic, since stress was one of the things to avoid.

No one ever had a list for my husband, though. He wasn’t warned not to drink, eat shellfish, or be stressed before, during, or after any of my pregnancies. It annoyed me, but it was understandable. After all, we all know that it’s really the woman’s healthy and lifestyle that effect future offspring the most, right?

I AM SO HAPPY TO REPORT THIS! According to Fatherly, researchers have found that a father’s health and habits have just as much impact on the genetic information passed onto children as the mother’s:

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: riesie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, very interesting. I see you are on a role with posting threats
I kept meaning to keep up on the forum. I saw not too long ago where a single person was wishing to learn from married people. It only makes sense. So I decided to try to at least keep the forum full of info to refer to. The problem with those of us that are married is we are so busy being married we do not come to this forum often. We tend to be a bit selfish in our contentment and forget those still desiring a marital relationship. We do not want a forum full of posts when there are only posts of marital problems or false expectations. It seems to be one extreme or the other. Given what I have read in other forums concerning marriage, I thought this might bless those with a more realistic version of what marriage is and what it is meant to be.

Upvote 0