AnnaMarie6991

Aug 21, 2016
Oregon
✟15,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My boyfriend recently broke up with me after spending 5 weeks in the Philippines together on a missions trip. He claimed that he felt it was what God was leading him to do. And he said that he doesn't know if he's the one for me and that he doesn't know if he can love me the way he used to, but his actions and his words throughout the 5 weeks abroad just don't match up. It almost feels like a cop out and he's just scared for the future. He's someone I truly believe that God has chosen for me and up until recently I've always believed that He felt the same way. I've prayed and prayed and prayed and I've never felt/seen any indication that He wasn't the one. So now I'm confused as to why God would provide contradictory guidance, if that's what it is. We've struggled with sin in the past, and it's something I really want us to work on. I really want to try things again with him but I'm scared. He said while we were talking after he broke up with me that there were things he wanted to fix like the distance (he lives in MN, I live in OR) and the way his parents treat him (they don't like me for reasons I still don't understand and treat him poorly bc of it) but he just didn't know how. I so badly want to try to work and pray through the tough times but I'm just so scared and confused and I don't know what to do. I really want to talk to him about all of this but I'm scarred for that too and I don't know when the time is right. Do you have any advice for me?

Reactions: keepimguy

Daydream Island

Christian
Jun 14, 2016
Sydney
✟11,002.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi !
I personally know that when somebody feels pushed towards something they usually turn the opposite dirrection. Don't be too pushy, yes sometimes we need to get a good shake every now and then but too much is too much...xD. However do talk to him, a slient treatement is going to do no one any good.

If he loves you, he will realise it. It may take a little while, but often you realise the value of someting once you have lost it.
He too may be scared of the future and decided to deal with it... pretty drastically !
Perharps he needs to 'fix' certain things with the members of his family that reject you ?

My best friend JUST went through a hard time with her family. They were not happy with her boyfriend. She felt like Satan's minions were doing everything to part him and her. (and failed :) )
She reffered me to Matthew 10:34-36 NKJV
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Have you read Jonah's story ?
Okay here is what I can summarise from Jonah's book:
He was asked by the Lord to go somewhere -- the enemy's clan to send a message from the Lord. He got so scared to go he run away very far. While in the boat to flee, a storm arose and he got thrown over board and got swallowed by a monster. Where he stayed 3 days. In which he did not complain about his situation but praised the Lord.
At the end of the 3 days he got released and still he ended up going to the enemy’s clan to fulfill what God had planned for him.
Relax..
You can run all you want. You are not that powerful enough to ruin God’s plan for you ! The same goes for your Boyfriend.

Hopefully this helps,
God bless you.

PS: Talk to him with love

Last edited:
Upvote 0