Jacksonville
✟8,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I have been in a relationship with a Christian guy for over 6 months. For the sake of this, I'll refer to him as Wolf. He is insistent that we not use titles, but we are in a relationship and not dating. His words!

Little backstory: I was married and have been divorced for 19 years. I have a son who is an adult and haven't been in a relationship with anyone for over 15 years. Focused on being a mom and healing my heart. He was married about 10 years ago and been divorced for about 5 years with no kids.

We found each other on a dating app as usual. I had not had relations with a man in over 15 years as well, until with him. Wolf is very in your face, I am the man in this relationship. I have to initiate most all phone conversations, text and make the effort to drive 45 minutes one way to visit him at least once a week. No effort on his. Over the past few weeks I have started noticing less affection from him and brought it to his attention. One of the many things I love and admire about him is that he is always there to support and help people in need. This is where I may have been very wrong...I said that, although what he does being there for other is wonderful and admirable, why can't I get the same respect others do. I was told that I should not ask for more and it is wrong for me to ask for more. I am jealous and just seeking attention that is unwarranted.

My concerns: Whenever we talk and I encourage him, lift him up or say sweet little things to him, Wolf's response is I have heard that from others before. He always talks about his exes, how he was in love with them, how beautiful they were, how they pleased him, and so on.. He talks about all these women who come to his work and will wait to talk to him about their problems and how they feel about him. He even has a married co-worker that texted him at almost 10PM and I said it was inappropriate and was told I was in the wrong and jealous. He thrives on admiration and especially women admiring him.

Out of respect for him, I don't talk about my exes or other men. I have nothing to talk about regarding my exes and to me it is just disrespectful talking about other guys that do not peek my interest.

Am I wrong and crazy about all this? I have been praying to God every day. Just need some advice! Help please
God Bless!

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,254.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been in a relationship with a Christian guy for over 6 months. For the sake of this, I'll refer to him as Wolf. He is insistent that we not use titles, but we are in a relationship and not dating. His words!

Little backstory: I was married and have been divorced for 19 years. I have a son who is an adult and haven't been in a relationship with anyone for over 15 years. Focused on being a mom and healing my heart. He was married about 10 years ago and been divorced for about 5 years with no kids.

We found each other on a dating app as usual. I had not had relations with a man in over 15 years as well, until with him. Wolf is very in your face, I am the man in this relationship. I have to initiate most all phone conversations, text and make the effort to drive 45 minutes one way to visit him at least once a week. No effort on his. Over the past few weeks I have started noticing less affection from him and brought it to his attention. One of the many things I love and admire about him is that he is always there to support and help people in need. This is where I may have been very wrong...I said that, although what he does being there for other is wonderful and admirable, why can't I get the same respect others do. I was told that I should not ask for more and it is wrong for me to ask for more. I am jealous and just seeking attention that is unwarranted.

My concerns: Whenever we talk and I encourage him, lift him up or say sweet little things to him, Wolf's response is I have heard that from others before. He always talks about his exes, how he was in love with them, how beautiful they were, how they pleased him, and so on.. He talks about all these women who come to his work and will wait to talk to him about their problems and how they feel about him. He even has a married co-worker that texted him at almost 10PM and I said it was inappropriate and was told I was in the wrong and jealous. He thrives on admiration and especially women admiring him.

Out of respect for him, I don't talk about my exes or other men. I have nothing to talk about regarding my exes and to me it is just disrespectful talking about other guys that do not peek my interest.

Am I wrong and crazy about all this? I have been praying to God every day. Just need some advice! Help please
God Bless!
your guy wolf, I don't think he is nice to you and lacks the respect that is due. My guess is that he is not decided yet and may have other prospects. I would ask him bluntly to clarify his intentions towards you and also ask him to respect you. You have the right to voice your concerns and tell him what you expect of him in a relationship. It is better to be certain now before you invest more time with him.

I hope it goes well for you with or without the Wolf.

Blesings,

JFF

Reactions: Geekgrl76
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,148,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!

From all that you've said, it almost sounds like he intends to be non-committal. If this is indeed the case, I'd be wary of your investing in the potentiality that he'll come around and solidify his intentions with you. If you're looking for a long term relationship (marriage really), you need to know if he's looking for that as well.

My personal opinion, for whatever it's worth since I don't know the "full story," is to dump him and find a better suitor. You ladies shouldn't have to put up with this kind of behavior on the part of a guy for very long. So don't, Sis! :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0