Apr 21, 2011
✟15,264.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

:wave:

I am glad that looking around I found this area of the forum. My name is Amanda and I am 24 years old. My husband and I have been married for nearly 4 years now. Last year in March we decided to start trying to conceive our first baby. We got pregnant in June and a couple of days after finding out we lost our baby. We took a break from trying and we are trying again.

We started trying again in February. The first time around we did FAM and I reached a terrible point of obsession which is why we are not doing it now.

I desperately want to pray each month that this is our month but instead I'm praying for patience. I know that it will all work out the way it is supposed to in the end....I just hate waiting to find out what that way is.

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟22,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember that we tried for about two years without luck and my wife decided to get a kitten as a substitute in order to mother it. Well, about six weeks later we got the good news about our own child was on the way - maybe the kitten did the trick!

We nearly lost our first child several times but it was great to see her born. The rough ride was not over for us as we found out she had multiple heart defects similar to those my wife had as a child - it was devastating, especially for my wife as she felt her conditions had been passed onto our daughter. Luckily my daughter had successful heart surgery and now at fifteen leads a normal teenage (whats a normal teenager?) life.

I think sometimes we try to hard to achieve something and get frustrated about the lack of result. Everything comes in it's own good time, just sit back and relax, take each day as it comes. You are 24 and have plenty of time to conceive, we were in our early thirties when we started!

I think if we couldn't have kids we would have adopted for sure, so there is always an option. Having your own child and seeing it born is a truly awesome miracle in itself but adoption can be a miracle and blessing to you and the adopted one.

God has a plan for you so be patient and relax.

Upvote 0

loveandpink

Apr 21, 2011
✟15,264.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so glad your daughter is doing so well. :)

Oh patience is a virtue that the military has been trying to teach me since I was 18 and I started dating my now husband. I'm still learning it.

We've discussed adoption and it really isn't a something we can do for another 14 years or so. My husband is career military and while you can adopt when you are a military family it is very difficult to do because of money and you never know how long you are going to be in one place or when your service member will deploy. And time and availability are incredibly important when going through the adoption process.

Upvote 0