Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I'm looking for online forums where people who are Sabbath keepers like to discuss both Sabbath keeping and Laws of God (Yah).

Quick bio: After decades in CoC's I studied the 7th day Sabbath and saw that not only does it still apply, but that I was a believer in dispensations of Gods Laws. After finally deciding to study for myself and w/o presupposition.. I now see that Yeshua (Jesus) actually meant what He said in Matt 5:17-19.

Regards, Richard in Central Ohio

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I'm looking for online forums where people who are Sabbath keepers like to discuss both Sabbath keeping and Laws of God (Yah).

Quick bio: After decades in CoC's I studied the 7th day Sabbath and saw that not only does it still apply, but that I was a believer in dispensations of Gods Laws. After finally deciding to study for myself and w/o presupposition.. I now see that Yeshua (Jesus) actually meant what He said in Matt 5:17-19.

Welcome!

I am a Sabbath keeper and there is a forum here called "Sabbath and the Law" where you will find a lot of Sabbath keepers. Also there is a forum for traditional "Seventh-day Adventists" Traditional Adventists (SDA for short)

And there is one for Messianic Jews --

Both of those groups keep the Bible Sabbath on the 7th day

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What is a CoC?

There were some Seventh Day Sabbath people discussing the sundown Friday to sundown Saturday Sabbath from Messianic Jewish and Seventh Day Adventist view points in Christian Forums. These discussions were intermittent.

There were also warnings we do not stone people for working on the Sabbath. This one used Jesus teachings against murder and anger to make a point.

In Israel many refuse to drive on the Sabbath. Some will not lift a finger to turn on a light switch Friday night, as this is work. The hotel elevators stop on every floor during Sabbath so you do not have to push a button on the Sabbath. There is also a group of observant Jews who argued the hospitals should be open on the Sabbath to save lives. I met an American rabbi who did not drive during Sabbath until his wife was pregnant. He drove her to the hospital on Sabbath where she gave birth. When Tiberias, Israel was hit by a Hezbollah rocket during a Sabbath in the summer of 2006, some Jews got in their cars and drove south. Israel allows combat on the Sabbath for self defense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟387,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome. Sabbath keeper here. I am in central Ohio too. As BobRyan has stated, there is a Sabbath and the Law forum where you will find discussions on the Sabbath. If you read some of the threads there it should give you a good idea what to expect on the forums.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟726,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Go to the forum
7th Day Safehouse

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2022
Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replies!

CoC in my case was "Church of Christ". They are conservative and autonomous churches who follow the Stone Campbell movement from the mid 1800s.
I did NOT know that as I was only a teenager when I joined them. They don't talk about it in that way either so I simply didn't know until many yrs later I started to greatly question the discrepancies I was seeing. (col ch2 was my watershed moment) Neither did I know or understand the difference between Laws of God / covenants / dispensationalism.

I have studied quite extensively w/some SDA friends. I've read the EW book the great controversy, attended several bible studies, worship services, and studied their theology. IMO their system of belief is 1/2 way between Protestantism and Torah observance plus some dogma from their founding fathers / sisters. Oh how I wish they would come all the way to Torah observance! What a wonderful body of believers I've met.

Based on what I see... I'm a gentile believer in Messiah Yeshua. He did NOT do away with Yah's laws and I believe Him. Which means if its a law that applies to me and I am able to obey.... I need to do it.

Still new to this and studying it out. (I've posted a lot of vids on my YT channel that I see as informative in my understanding of Torah for the modern gentile.. in America at least)

Regards, Richard

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Welcome!

You have come to the right place.

Shabbat shalom

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the replies!

CoC in my case was "Church of Christ". They are conservative and autonomous churches who follow the Stone Campbell movement from the mid 1800s.
I did NOT know that as I was only a teenager when I joined them. They don't talk about it in that way either so I simply didn't know until many yrs later I started to greatly question the discrepancies I was seeing. (col ch2 was my watershed moment) Neither did I know or understand the difference between Laws of God / covenants / dispensationalism.

I have studied quite extensively w/some SDA friends. I've read the EW book the great controversy, attended several bible studies, worship services, and studied their theology. IMO their system of belief is 1/2 way between Protestantism and Torah observance plus some dogma from their founding fathers / sisters. Oh how I wish they would come all the way to Torah observance! What a wonderful body of believers I've met.

Based on what I see... I'm a gentile believer in Messiah Yeshua. He did NOT do away with Yah's laws and I believe Him. Which means if its a law that applies to me and I am able to obey.... I need to do it.

Still new to this and studying it out. (I've posted a lot of vids on my YT channel that I see as informative in my understanding of Torah for the modern gentile.. in America at least)

Regards, Richard
Hallelu YAH!

Upvote 0