He is risen!

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟192,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I will be attending church this morning and then having a nice big dinner with family afterwards. It's really such an incredible thing that Christ suffered for our sins and then rose again. I always think about what excitement there was that morning with so many trips of women and disciples to and from the tomb. Their immense grief turned into wonder and joy.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟192,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This year I focused on reading Mark's account of Christ's death and resurrection. The passage that really stuck with me was in Mark 14. Christ's extreme agony of soul in the garden is very sobering and a good reminder of his humanity.
1000021540.jpg

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟651.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This year I focused on reading Mark's account of Christ's death and resurrection. The passage that really stuck with me was in Mark 14. Christ's extreme agony of soul in the garden is very sobering and a good reminder of his humanity.
View attachment 344988
Amen. I agree, it really is incredibly sobering and a great reminder of His humanity. One thing that I find interesting is that in Matthew 16:21-23 Christ rebuked Peter for being a hindrance or offense for the very purpose of His suffering, crucifixion and death. Having that in mind really shows how much agony He was in and it also highlights the perfect faith of The Son of God in asking that He might achieve by some other means the very thing which He came into this world to do. He truly trusted that all things are possible for God; including the salvation which was prophesied in Scripture (Isaiah 52:13-53:12). He was in so much agony and under so much stress that He literally perspired blood (which is a real medical condition called hematohidrosis), however, in the same passage in which we read about this (Luke 22:44) we're also told "And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly". That His agony was cause for an increase in fervour for His petition only increases the perfect humility of Christ in submitting to The Father for His will to be done.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The real party has begun!!!

And guess what. GOD IS OUR HOST!

The personal presence of God's own Spirit is our invitation.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

May we experience the abundance of God's New Creation!

From life to LIFE.

Upvote 0