<username>

Feb 13, 2016
China
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, today I came across a webpage online that talked about the unpardonable sin.

It said that if someone willingly sinned against God after becoming a Christian and knowing that what they are doing is a sin, it is unpardonable.

In the past I have had struggles with a habitual sin, causing me to sin against God even when I knew what I was doing was wrong.

I tried to resist the temptations on many occasions but couldn't, so I still gave in and sinned.

However, I no longer suffer from problems like this anymore, because I feel that I have become more devoted to God.

Is what I have done considered willingly sinning against God, and is it an unpardonable sin?

Last edited:

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, today I came across a webpage online that talked about the unpardonable sin.

It said that if someone willingly sinned against God after becoming a Christian and knowing that what they are doing is a sin, it is unpardonable.

In the past I have had struggles with a habitual sin, causing me to sin against God even when I knew what I was doing was wrong.

I tried to resist the temptations on many occasions but couldn't, so I still gave in and sinned.

However, I no longer suffer from problems like this anymore, because I feel that I have become more devoted to God.

Is what I have done considered willingly sinning against God, and is it an unpardonable sin?

That is not the unpardonable sin. Jesus was primarily referring to the Pharisees. They knew the truth of God, the salvation that was in Christ Jesus, and they said "Nope, don't want it".

However, if you are not repentant of sin, and continue in a habitual, lifelong practice of sin, the Bible does not give you any assurance that you have eternal life in Christ Jesus. That is why Paul told us that we are to examine ourselves, to see that we have salvation in Jesus Christ.

A Christian, even after being saved, will sin. But when the Christian sins, it is against his or her will and they do not continually, habitually, willfully, purposefully, choose to sin in a recurring practice. A Christian will know the conviction of the Holy Spirit when they do sin, and they will once again repent and turn back to Christ, and keep their focus on Him. They will be in a battle against sin, they will not give into it willingly and joyfully.

If you are struggling with a sin, I cannot recommend enough that you are actively involved with a Bible believing, God fearing church, and that you speak with your Pastor and/or Elders and get Biblical counseling in regards to this sin you are struggling with. It also helps to have a same gender accountability partner who will encourage you and challenge you to keep your focus on Christ.

If you do not kill sin in your life, it will kill you. Never take sin lightly or casually. Sin is why the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay your penalty that you rightly deserve. If you are in Christ Jesus, you have been bought with a price and you are no longer your own. You belong to the King.

Reactions: <username>
Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

If you are truly a Christian, anything you do wrong will always be forgiven. God will never look at you with contempt because of your sin; he has redeemed you!

Sinning constantly is not an unpardonable sin; we often sin constantly. We struggle with sin, and sometimes we lose the battle; this is normal and pardonable — pardoned already, actually, if you are a Christian. Even Paul struggled with sin: read Romans 7:14-25.

Reactions: <username>
Upvote 0