Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hate-A-Rama: The Vulgar, Sexist, Racist, Homophobic Rage of the Left - Michelle Malkin - National Review Online

Barack Obama’s new era of civility was over before it began. You wouldn’t know it from reading the New York Times, watching Katie Couric, or listening to the Democratic manners police. But America has been overrun by foul-mouthed, fist-clenching wildebeests.

Sexual vulgarity is a common theme in the Left’s self-styled “solidarity” movement. Among the Madison pro-union signs the national media chose not to show you: “Buttholes for Billionaires” (complete with a photo of Walker’s head placed in the middle of a graphic photo of someone’s posterior) and “If teab___s are as hot as their Fox News anchors, then I’m here for the gang bang!!!”

Michelle makes a point her that is really pertinent here. Vulgarity, and especially sexual vulgarity is really becoming the trademark that identifies the leftist argument.

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting read. I hope others come forth to comment soon. However hubby and I noticed its a trend amongst some leftist to insult and degrade their opponents instead of actually having a conversation. You'd think if someone was wrong about what they were saying you could refute it but since leftist can't refute "right wing" claims in a lot of cases they only have their best defense: lies, defamation, and just vulgarity. They don't HAVE anything else.

This is not about all liberals...before I get banned for saying this I better put THAT disclaimer in here.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Interesting read. I hope others come forth to comment soon. However hubby and I noticed its a trend amongst some leftist to insult and degrade their opponents instead of actually having a conversation. You'd think if someone was wrong about what they were saying you could refute it but since leftist can't refute "right wing" claims in a lot of cases they only have their best defense: lies, defamation, and just vulgarity. They don't HAVE anything else.

This is not about all liberals...before I get banned for saying this I better put THAT disclaimer in here.
This is very true. Many, probably most liberals live fine and decent lives on every level Many would never dream of doing any ot hte things that they support in the public sphere.

The front lines and activists on the left however are a different matter. When power is held to be a higher value than truth, destroying the repuation of those who hold different views is all that matters.
Vulgarity is a means of debasing those who disagree with those though humiliating them. It is akin to rape. The substance of the argument is never even dealt with.
In a way it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. to the extent that liberals believe themselves to be good, their enemies are not just wrong, but bad. Because they define themselves as tolerant and loving, then it follows that those who oppose them do so not on the basis of ideology, but on the basis that they are sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, islamphobic, racist bigots.
And since they are, then it is even righteous behavior to defame their characters even further.

Many liberals can act this way because they indeed do lead exemplary, prudent, even prudish lives. Because they are often righteous, the self-righteousness often comes naturally to them.
Actually listening to the arguments of their opponents becomes like listening to the temptations of the devil for them. They will not allow themselves to be so tempted.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hate-A-Rama: The Vulgar, Sexist, Racist, Homophobic Rage of the Left - Michelle Malkin - National Review Online

Barack Obama’s new era of civility was over before it began. You wouldn’t know it from reading the New York Times, watching Katie Couric, or listening to the Democratic manners police. But America has been overrun by foul-mouthed, fist-clenching wildebeests.

Sexual vulgarity is a common theme in the Left’s self-styled “solidarity” movement. Among the Madison pro-union signs the national media chose not to show you: “Buttholes for Billionaires” (complete with a photo of Walker’s head placed in the middle of a graphic photo of someone’s posterior) and “If teab___s are as hot as their Fox News anchors, then I’m here for the gang bang!!!”

Michelle makes a point her that is really pertinent here. Vulgarity, and especially sexual vulgarity is really becoming the trademark that identifies the leftist argument.
Sexual vulgarity equals "sexist racist homophobic rage" now?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting read. I hope others come forth to comment soon. However hubby and I noticed its a trend amongst some leftist to insult and degrade their opponents instead of actually having a conversation.
I think its just a trend. Its certainly not confined to "some leftists"

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is very true. Many, probably most liberals live fine and decent lives on every level Many would never dream of doing any ot hte things that they support in the public sphere.

The front lines and activists on the left however are a different matter. When power is held to be a higher value than truth, destroying the repuation of those who hold different views is all that matters.
Vulgarity is a means of debasing those who disagree with those though humiliating them. It is akin to rape. The substance of the argument is never even dealt with.
In a way it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. to the extent that liberals believe themselves to be good, their enemies are not just wrong, but bad. Because they define themselves as tolerant and loving, then it follows that those who oppose them do so not on the basis of ideology, but on the basis that they are sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, islamphobic, racist bigots.
And since they are, then it is even righteous behavior to defame their characters even further.

Many liberals can act this way because they indeed do lead exemplary, prudent, even prudish lives. Because they are often righteous, the self-righteousness often comes naturally to them.
Actually listening to the arguments of their opponents becomes like listening to the temptations of the devil for them. They will not allow themselves to be so tempted.

Well the thing is my friend posted on Facebook "Oh I had a good Glen Beck moment" She's a liberal in my own opinion based on all the things she's say politically.

Anyway I was thinking "I wonder what she had to say" I was genuinely curious to see her try and come up with something respectable to refute whatever opinion of Glen Beck's she was against. So I click on her link and all she said was "You are an expletive deleted d-bag" I was actually quite dissapointed as while we never agree on anything I think she is an intelligent individual. I was looking forward to her explaining why Glen Beck was wrong, what he said that was nonfactual, had he slandered, lied or anything that she could prove. Even if it wasn't something he lied about but was maybe mistaken about and I was interested in her side but she HAD NO SIDE.

Then I was looking at a site made by conservative who did some comedy also on his youtube channel. None of the liberals could say WHY they didn't like his position just that he was a "bigoted a-hole other expletives and a few 5th grade insults about his name here" and how he "needs to shut up" and a few violent threats thrown in for fun.

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Michelle Malkn is painting with a very wide brush in her article.

How she links this all to Obama is absurd.

Jim
Yes, Brikkz made that very good point "This is not about all liberals...".
I have already agreed that most liberals are fine and decent in my commentary to Brikkz.

In terms of the links to Obama:....,
In the wake of the Tucson massacre, Obama urged the nation “to do everything we can to make sure this country lives up to our children’s expectations.” He pushed for “a more civil and honest public discourse.”
As Big Labor–backing MoveOn.org (the same outfit that smeared Gen. David Petraeus as a traitor) prepares to march on all 50 state capitols this weekend, where’s the Civility Chief now? AWOL.

he showed fine leadership in the aftermath of Tuscon. Calling for more of the same now is not out of line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums