Has the believer in Christ already passed the judgement?

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟128,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, a question- does the bible say that the believer in Christ has already passed the judgement (on judgement day) by the blood of Jesus? I think I remember hearing this but I am not sure. Also if you know about this could you give me scripture and verse? Thanks!

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, a question- does the bible say that the believer in Christ has already passed the judgement (on judgement day) by the blood of Jesus? I think I remember hearing this but I am not sure. Also if you know about this could you give me scripture and verse? Thanks!

Rom 14:10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A believer (one who has trusted in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life). has passed from death to life and will not face a final judgment to see if they are a believer.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

The believer will face The Judgment Seat of The Messiah for rewards ( the loss or gain)

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Not that I am aware - every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,943,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dave Darling, ~ALL~ will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ at the end of the age in one of two different Judgements.

The Bema Seat Judgment (e.g. 2 Corinthians 5:10; cf 1 Corinthians 3:10-15) is for saints (true believers) alone, while the Great White Thone (e.g. Revelation 20:11-15) is reserved for the reprobate (unbelievers).

The latter judgment will result in condemnation for those who stand in it (eternity in the Lake of Fire), while the former is one that will result in "rewards" for all of the faithful in Christ, or the lack thereof (for those in Christ who were not so faithful as believers during their lives here). However, NO ONE will be condemned who stands at the Bema Seat.

Jesus tells us this concerning the saints (perhaps this is the verse that you were thinking of in the OP?),

John 5
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, ~has~ eternal life, and ~does not~ come into judgment, but ~has passed~ out of death into life.
This verse tells us that someone who comes to true, saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ ~has~ (at that moment .. and also continues to have) "eternal" (not temporal or probationary) "life", that they no longer face judgment and condemnation at the Great White Throne because they have ALREADY passed, "from death to life" :amen:

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - I found this short article and thought that it may prove to be useful to you, What is the Judgment Seat of Christ / Bema Seat of Christ? | GotQuestions.org (as may some of the other, linked articles, that you'll find at the bottom of the same page).

edit: whoops, @d taylor had already posited most of this for you. I apologize for not reading through the this short thread prior to posting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you go through the judgment you will know it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

_
Sadly many believers, believe that they will be judged, to see if they were a believer. They go through life, (i guess) not believing God's promise of Eternal Life to all who trust in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Instead they look to themselves to see if they were doing enough to be judged, saved in the end.

Where they get that idea i do not know, i guess from listing to bad theology, because The Bible does not state that.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
does the bible say that the believer in Christ has already passed the judgemen

Yes and no.

You will have read the excelent verses quoted above.
The judgement seat serves several purposes, yes it is where those who are not Jesus's will be condemned, but it is also where those who are Jesus's will be identified.
God himselve will recognise you as one of his adopted family and will welcome you.
Also it is where those whio reserve a reward will have that recognised and given.

Judgement covers many aspects, don't fear it, look forward to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sin has been judged, the wages of which is (spiritual) death. Those who believe in Christ have passed from death to life and can never die again.

John 5:24
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Romans 8:1-2
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

There remains an evaluation of our works which occurs when we are presented before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟327,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. By faith we enter God's family and now have grace, His life, in us, so that, by the Spirit we may finally overcome the pride and sin that separates us from Him. We're in union with Him now, adopted children of His and expected to walk like it.

The obligation for man to be righteous does not go away with the New Covenant,
but is finally made possible now, the right way, with God rather than apart from Him. "Apart from Me you can do nothing"-John 15:5. Man was made for communion with God and that, in itself, defines our justice or righteousness. So we must remain in Him, in faith and in deed. Properly understood, to the extent that we love God with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength, we've attained His goal for us-and that's what we'll be judged on.

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live." Rom 8:12-13

Upvote 0