Has anyone been on the Daniel Fast

Diakonos

christian soulJah
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟15,495.00
Faith
Christian
By the way, for those who have never heard of it, it’s based on the fast that the prophet Daniel (and the 3 Hebrew boys) went on while they were captured in Babylon.

Daniel 1:8-14

Daniel 10:2-3

(what to Eat)

Whole Grains: Brown Rice, Oats, Barley

Legumes: Dried Beans, Pinto Beans, Split Peas, Lentils, Black Eyed
Peas

Fruits: Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boy-
senberries, Cantelope, Cherries, Cranberries, Oats, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Nectarines, Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Rasberries, Strawberries, Tangeloes, Tangerines, Watermelon

Vegetables: Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili Peppers, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Garlic, Gingerroot, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Potatoes, Radishes, Rutabagas, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Squashes, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini

Seeds, Nuts, Sprouts

Liquids: Spring Water, Distilled Water, 100% All-Natural Fruit Juices, 100% All Natural Vegetable Juices

(what to Avoid)

Meat
White Rice
Fried Foods
Caffeine
Carbonated Beverages
Foods Containing Preservatives or Additives
Refined Sugar
Sugar Substitutes
White Flour and All Products Using It
Margarine, Shortening, High Fat Products

Alcoholic beverage

Tobacco products

Upvote 0

MoreInSorrow

Your tomorrow will never take you past My palm
Mar 17, 2005
✟2,233.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i think it looks great, but i would still incorporate SOME kind of meat consumption, ie-chicken. i suppose that would negate the purpose of doing this specific fast, but it seems that this is the type of eating regime that everyone should follow regardless.

Upvote 0

Diakonos

christian soulJah
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟15,495.00
Faith
Christian
My three-week fast officially ended yesterday.

I dropped 10 pounds.

Praise The Lord. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doing this fast has definitely made me rethink about the way I eat. I do believe that I will continue to practice some of the principals of this fast. I would recommend this diet to anyone who is looking for a cutting plan. Of course adding meat and dairy to the mix is a must. I’ve got to have my eggs. I’ve got to have my chicken. I’ve got to have my fish. However, I’m going to drastically reduce my intake of red meat and pork. I’m also going to drastically reduce my salt intake.

This is what I’m eating today:

Breakfast
plain oatmeal with raisins added to it
hard boiled egg
hand full of unsalted mixed nuts
eight ounces of orange juice

Lunch
grilled chicken breast
serving of brussel sprouts
rice pilaf
water

Snack 1
appl
water

Snack 2
banana
water

Supper/Dinner
grilled salmon
steamed broccoli
baked sweet potato
water

snack 3(optional)
strawberries (or grapes)
water

This is pretty much the way that I’m going eat for a while. My lunch and dinner will consist of one meat (chicken of fish), one carb source and one veggie (a leafy green one in most cases). I’ll let you know that works out.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What did you eat or not eat? I would like to compare the guidlines you used with the guidelines I was given.
I do it for spiritual reasons and because I was diagnosed in 2011 with an autoimmune disease I don't do full fasting. I've seen a lot of spirit spiritual breakthrough.

But the breakdown of the fast is totally vegan. Most everything is made myself and two weeks of preparation before. I get vegan recipe books from the library and sometimes online. I combine it in the beginning with media fast to avoid some distractions. Which means no internet except for necessary things like work. I get Christian music CDs from the library.

My conviction is for no honey, that is a personal choice. Caffeine is not supposed to be part of it, but with having lupus I need some caffeine. So I only drink organic black tea and give up coffee.

No leavened bread. Different Daniel fast cookbooks have different takes on that, but in the Bible 11 was associated with sin the Israelites.

My celebration of the fast comes at the end with a meal that has a nice vegan dessert. I don't allow maple syrup as part so that is something I can put in the dessert recipe. Although cinnamon is allowed, I find it to be a king's delicacy for myself since I usually have it every morning with my oatmeal. So I give up that also.

It takes a long time to get to where I have been with 40 days of the Daniel fast, but it is possible if you desire to see breakthrough in your relationship with the Lord and answer to prayer. There are a lot of things that will change in you and around you and the observations that you will see. I do it on a yearly basis during the lent season. And if I feel led I might do it for 3 weeks or a couple days. I try to arrange my schedule so that I won't be having lunches with friends during those times and if I am I have to research a good vegan restaurant and ask about their ingredients.

I have had people join me at a couple other times from distances. One person said that she saw some great breakthrough with her son. Another friend and her husband decided to do it while they were living in Hawaii. She could not last 24 hours, but her husband who came to the Lord after her, remained on the fast for a week. When they came to visit me in person, her husband thanked me for that time and said that it was fruitful.

Fasting is a great discipline that not only will you see breakthrough around you but you also see it in you. You will be forever changed the more that you fast and pray. I am not the same person in my walk as I was prior to 2009.

Upvote 0