MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We all know what Jesus said in Mt.19 about Moses allowing divorce cause of the hardness of our hearts. The long I live the more the way Christians quote this phrase the more it bothers me.

Some seem to quote it and be saying people today don't harden their heart like they did in OT times. Really?

Another thought ... the people who is tender towards God and is loving their spouce clearly hasn't harden their heart. So why do we Christians quote this verse to them? Seems to me the person who has hardened their heart is the spouse who is abusing their spouse. Seems to me the person to isn't talking to their spouse has hardened their heart. The one committing adultery or isn't meeting even basic needs of their spouse is the one who has hardened their heart.

Thoughts?

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
That law was directed to the Jews, and having that different view about it is directed to the Christians, because Jesus means to perfect us, because the law would never see us truly perfected.

In spiritual terms, there is a spiritual stone of stubbornness that can dwell on the heart. The best way to remove it is to ask it be removed. Then people are amazed that it is removed, and wonder what it was.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people have no concept of just how miserable one person can make another,the conversation on marriage is always subjective.

I have a good marriage therefore all marriages are good,or,we had problems in our marriage but worked them out therefore all problems in all marriages can be worked out,no regard for the fact that one of the parties may refuse all attempts to make peace or to get along.

Upvote 0